Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 12:31 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,984,135 times

Advertisements

He really doesn't have a single principle that he's willing to fight for.

This article just nails him in the act of taking away more civil liberties and sucking up to the elite power structure that owns our government.

http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/gl...ine/index.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2011, 12:37 PM

112 posts, read 62,908 times
Bush tax cuts- Extended by Obama

Bush's Wars- Extended and expanded by Obama

Bush's Gitmo policies- Extended by Obama

Bush's assault on Civil liberties- Extended and expanded by Obama

Bush's pandering to the wealthy elite on Wall st- Extended and expanded by Obama and the FED

Do you really believe the President has any say on what path this Nation takes?

Old 06-13-2011, 12:38 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,863,777 times
He strikes me as the worst of both worlds.

Old 06-13-2011, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DairousTheGreat View Post

Bush's pandering to the wealthy elite on Wall st- Extended and expanded by Obama and the FED

It may be that bad. I just hold out this hope that people will wake up. You can't just vote for a careerist like this guy just because he's better than the alternative.

There must be a line that you can cross where his supporters say enough is enough. You've taken our votes for you for granted. You cannot do this and expect to win with our support.

Old 06-13-2011, 12:56 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,816,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DairousTheGreat View Post

I agree and Obama for the most part has been nothing but a progressive wall street republican thumbing his nose at the base and would rather side with the corporations and republicans than the middle class and his core supporters. I'd really like to see a more progressive, core democrat president, but compared to the crazies on the right, he's all we can deal with for now unless their is a solid 3rd party candidate.

Old 06-13-2011, 12:57 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,141,818 times
I love it when the RWNJ's argue that Obama isn't liberal enough...

Old 06-13-2011, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
The electorate is too caught up in what side they are on: Right - Left, Con-Lib, R-D, How about getting leaders that are on the side of our best interests? The establishment desires division.

Old 06-13-2011, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
I agree and Obama for the most part has been nothing but a progressive wall street republican thumbing his nose at the base and would rather side with the corporations and republicans than the middle class and his core supporters. I'd really like to see a more progressive, core democrat president, but compared to the crazies on the right, he's all we can deal with for now unless their is a solid 3rd party candidate.
But here's the problem. If the guy knows he can turn his back on his base, and his base is still willing to vote because he's a little better. Then for what reason would a careerist like Obama care what his base thinks?

I thought at one time the Tea Party was stupid for splitting their right wing votes up and letting Democrats win. And Dems did win some races because of this.

But you know what? GOP reps fear their base now and cede to their wishes. Dem reps intentionally dismiss, and discredit their base to pander for support from the right.

Old 06-13-2011, 01:05 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,856,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
And we love it when the liberal idiots who elected that moron Obama complain about him being just like Bush who they hate more than a hard days work.

Old 06-13-2011, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
But here's the problem. If the guy knows he can turn his back on his base, and his base is still willing to vote because he's a little better. Then for what reason would a careerist like Obama care what his base thinks?

I thought at one time the Tea Party was stupid for splitting their right wing votes up and letting Democrats win. And Dems did win some races because of this.

But you know what? GOP reps fear their base now and cede to their wishes. Dem reps intentionally dismiss, and discredit their base to pander for support from the right.
I would say this is true of the Republicans in "Middle America". The Northeast and west coast republicans have to move to the middle if they wish to succeed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies