Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 03:20 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,950,438 times

Advertisements

She is going after the religous right, who never got a chance to watch George Carlin.

YouTube - ‪George Carlin - Religion is bull****.‬‏
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2011, 03:41 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,388,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
She must have scared the left and they have issued orders to the morons to hit the airwaves and the internet to drag her down. She was very, very good.
I thought Bachmann was impressive last night too, although of course I disagree with her politically.

Her use of the weird phrase rang a bell with me though, so I did some digging. Turns out I'm not the only one who noticed. Google "head, not the tail" and you'll see what I'm talking about. I'm not saying it's true- I'm just reporting on the phenominon. I'm not picking on all Chrisitians either- I would be equally alarmed at any radical group threatening our democracy.

Here is an example of Palin using the phrase in a speech from June 2008, speaking in her usual semi-coherent style (my italics):

<<We Are The Head And Not The Tail
When Sarah Palin gave the keynote address at the graduation program of the Master's Commission at Wasilla Assembly of God on June 8, 2008, she stated,
"There's been so many words, Ed [Pastor Ed Kalnins], over the state of Alaska, we being the head and not the tail, and, I see things now in the works it seems like, things like, that's coming to fruition. Things are percolating! Things are coming along, and just, you know, praying for an outpouring of God's spirit here, that revival to be here in Alaska."
Anyone who has watched the full two-hour ceremony will have seen that the it ended with the graduates being presented samuri swords.>>

By the way, Motley... people who you disagree with are not necessarily morons. This isn't the Arizona immigration debate- let's keep it civil, okay?

Old 06-14-2011, 03:45 PM

78 posts, read 103,069 times
She has a fairly well documented history of playing to the far right, Christian-crazy segment of the population.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies