Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 08:24 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,091,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Okay, I suck at conveying a message, one person got it.
They may have gotten the premise, but the premise is still wrong.

Just two example, American Indians didn't discriminate against white women captured for the purpose of providing women to produce more children, and many a white slave owner didn't let their racism keep them from procreating with their slaves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2011, 08:25 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,499,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Unless you have a degree in anthropology I doubt you understand anything at all about the subject you want to discuss.
That's your response? You could have just moved along.

Old 06-15-2011, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
I don't think he does...
As if the thread was just about humans. Seriously, you folks need to step slightly outside of your P & OC boxes.

Old 06-15-2011, 08:27 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,471,141 times
Quote:
That's your response? You could have just moved along.
No you can move along.

Your belief that "like breeds with like" is illogical, based on nothing but racism and is completely irrelevant.

Old 06-15-2011, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Good ole prejudice is handed down from one's environment...and affirmed and encouraged by religion.
Yes, that's part of cultures.

But I was really referring more on the instinctual level. I wasn't very clear last night and I apologize for that.

Old 06-15-2011, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
No you can move along.

Your belief that "like breeds with like" is illogical, based on nothing but racism and is completely irrelevant.
Umm... no. Did you not read the two main thoughts that drive evolution?

Quote:
Generally, there are two schools of thought about what affects evolution," said Andrew P. Allen, Ph.D., a researcher with the National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis in Santa Barbara, Calif. "One says the environment dictates changes that occur in the genome and phenotype of a species, and the other says the DNA mutation rate drives these changes. Our findings suggest physiological processes that drive mutation rates are important."
Nothing about interbreeding...

Sorry if truth offends.

Old 06-15-2011, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
They may have gotten the premise, but the premise is still wrong.

Just two example, American Indians didn't discriminate against white women captured for the purpose of providing women to produce more children, and many a white slave owner didn't let their racism keep them from procreating with their slaves.
But that's still the same species. Maybe the question would have just been best if it didn't have breeds at all. It does sound offensive.

Quote:
: a group of usually domesticated animals or plants presumably related by descent from common ancestors and visibly similar in most characters
: a number of persons of the same stock

: class, kind <a new breed of athlete>

Old 06-15-2011, 08:32 PM

32,122 posts, read 15,112,615 times
I don't think it's in our genes. I think it's our environment and how we see and hear others relate to people. But I do think we will eventually evolve without voice boxes since texting and other forms of communications are taking over without actually speaking to each other. lol Sorry

Old 06-15-2011, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I don't think it's in our genes. I think it's our environment and how we see and hear others relate to people. But I do think we will eventually evolve without voice boxes since texting and other forms of communications are taking over without actually speaking to each other. lol Sorry
Let's move forward as one planet.

To do that we head off to space. Will we be weary of the first species (aliens?) we come across? (Is that okay? Can I use these words? I'm not offending the PC crowd am I?)

Old 06-15-2011, 08:36 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,471,141 times
Quote:
Umm... no. Did you not read the two main thoughts that drive evolution?

Nothing about interbreeding...

Sorry if truth offends.
Interbreeding.

Define that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies