Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2011, 02:15 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times

Advertisements

I think that liberal whites have more to do with the condition of black America than blacks themselves.

It's like a child who suffered a tragedy as a child and then being coddled for the rest of their lives by someone because of it.

It's called "arrested development".

Old 06-15-2011, 02:16 PM

2,963 posts, read 6,262,190 times
SamBarrow, can you post the executive summary of your point? I already know most conservatives opinions on blacks (lazy ass welfare queens) but you seem to be toeing the line a lot. What is your issue? The black middle class should be working on fixing the cultural problems of the lower class?

Old 06-15-2011, 02:17 PM

2,963 posts, read 6,262,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I think that liberal whites have more to do with the condition of black America than blacks themselves.

It's like a child who suffered a tragedy as a child and then being coddled for the rest of their lives by someone because of it.

Well that's really insulting to blacks, but I expect nothing else from conservatives.

Old 06-15-2011, 02:19 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,757,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Why does the media do it? Are you just unlucky? If Asian culture was as bad as ghetto culture, it would be all over the media too.

Do you really think this is all caused solely by skin color?

... You say "ghetto culture" as if it only pertains to blacks. Obviously you've never been to a Chinatown in the Bay Area or Koreatown in LA if you think that there aren't Asians thugging on the same or a higher level than your average black gang. Did you know that 90% of our heroin comes from China? There's a reason why they call it "China White". Do you have any idea how much money laundering goes on in the business in the SF Chinatown? Have you ever heard of the RTCs (Rich Town Crips) or the SOS (Sons of Samoa)? The only reason that their business isn't nationally broadcasted is because the media chooses not to.

Old 06-15-2011, 02:19 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,452,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Surprisingly (to you probably....not me), most have a can-do attitude and a go-getter mentality. They just channel it inappropriately.
I don't doubt that. If you've ever watched "Lock-up" on MSNBC, some of the inmates are quite industrious and intelligent. They got mixed up with the wrong crowd and prefer the fast life. Mis-directed value system. This has more to do with home life as a child and how they were raised. If there is an absent father, nobody to take a keen interest in their child's education and stability, mother on drugs/or works 18 hours a day and is not around to raise her kids the streets will.

Old 06-15-2011, 02:20 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post

That's more blame game nonsense.

It's not liberal whites or conservative whites and any nonsense like that. Us black folks are responsible for our own condition...good or bad. Besides, it does no good to blame anyone at this point outside of our own community. No one ever "coddled" us. That's bullsh*t.

Look, i've heard and read all of the opinions of the "outsiders," and most of it is all b.s. They don't know what the hell they're talking about. The bottom line is that what elements of the black community that still find themselves at the bottom will have to somehow find a way to pull themselves up. I don't know how long that'll take and neither does anyone else. But in any case, that's our issue and we'll deal with it the best way we can. OR...maybe we won't. But talking it to death on C-D isn't going to do a damn thing.

There are people doing good work in the community trying to change things. There aren't nearly enough. I know for a fact that i don't do enough....hell, most of us don't. But that's our problem.

Old 06-15-2011, 02:22 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I don't doubt that. If you've ever watched "Lock-up" on MSNBC, some of the inmates are quite industrious and intelligent. They got mixed up with the wrong crowd and prefer the fast life. Mis-directed value system. This has more to do with home life as a child and how they were raised. If there is an absent father, nobody to take a keen interest in their child's education and stability, mother on drugs/or works 18 hours a day and is not around to raise her kids the streets will.
No doubt. Everything you say is absolutely right.

Old 06-15-2011, 02:22 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,860,984 times
Quote:
LOL...yea, you might have a point. The young ones are a bunch of punks. You can slap the sh*t out of most of them and they'll go crying like a little girl (if they don't have a pistol).
Pretty much.

Quote:
Up North, huh? I always thought that D.C. guys were actually pretty sharp when it came to the street game. It's probably changed a good bit since the big kingpins got locked up and these young idiots are running around unsupervised.
It's much less organized. We don't have big gangs down here. Just loosely affiliated crews by neighborhood.

The guys I know in brooklyn were buying up whole apartment buildings in brownsville last time I went up there. They're a little older though, probably got about 10 years on me for the most part.

Old 06-15-2011, 02:23 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,994,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
That's the distant past, no longer relevant.
Actually, it's in the very recent past, as many Americans living today can attest to how racist the 60s were and how nutty/dangerous the liberals were.

"Distant past" would be slavery, since no black American alive today has any first-hand experience with it.

Quote:
That so called form of soft racism is just a made up concept by yall Repugs.
Nah. Liberal "soft-racism" is very much alive as long as Democrats continue to train blacks' and other minorities into "learned helplessness": that they are perpetual victims who cannot help themselves or think for themselves, and therefore must be dependent 100% on the government to help make up for "past transgressions". The Democrat welfare state of entitlements is choking the black community to death by suppressing black academic/work achievement.

Old 06-15-2011, 02:23 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
Well that's really insulting to blacks, but I expect nothing else from conservatives.
The truth is the truth.

I don't feel that blacks are any less capable than whites.

I will not lower standards on tests because I feel that blacks cannot compete.

I will not choose a less qualified black person to do a job because of their skin color. (that devalues ALL other blacks in the organization).

I will not ask a persons race on ANY questionnaire or application for anything.

What we have in America is the soft bigotry of low expectations.

Mostly perpetuated by progressives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies