Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 12:15 PM

2,963 posts, read 6,264,386 times

Advertisements

I definitely understand why rich conservatives (koch brothers, etc) are in love with republicans. But what I don't understand is why joe the plumber's number one priority is to funnel his tax dollars up the food chain to the richest americans.

Yes, I understand a lot of conservatives hate gays, minorities, women, etc, but is it really worth the economic garbage that goes along with electing republicans?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2011, 12:16 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,952,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
I definitely understand why rich conservatives (koch brothers, etc) are in love with republicans. But what I don't understand is why joe the plumber's number one priority is to funnel his tax dollars up the food chain to the richest americans.

Yes, I understand a lot of conservatives hate gays, minorities, women, etc, but is it really worth the economic garbage that goes along with electing republicans?
Republican party has a very good marketing program. They convince them that it actually is in their best interest. Propaganda at its finest.

Old 06-15-2011, 12:18 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,287,685 times
What a sad and disgusting display of ignorance.

Old 06-15-2011, 12:20 PM

9,855 posts, read 15,208,847 times
How exactly do poor/middle class republicans vote against their best interest? Also, how are tax dollars 'funneled to the richest americans?' You DO realize that the top 10% of incomes pay 71% of all federal income taxes, don't you? How on earth is that 'funneling money to the rich'?

Also, I would ask the exact same base question about poor/middle class liberals.

Old 06-15-2011, 12:22 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,952,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
What a sad and disgusting display of ignorance.
I agree, but like I said they have an excuse for their ignorance. It is hard to see to see the truth when you are bombarded with propaganda from big business such as the Kochs and Chamber of Commerce. So don't be too hard on them for voting Republican.

Old 06-15-2011, 12:24 PM

45,233 posts, read 26,457,645 times
Quote:

Could you be more vague and provide less detail?
Thanks in advance.

Old 06-15-2011, 12:25 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,877,697 times
The bigger question is what causes people to thnik that they really can get free stuff. Those who are middle class see more and more people becoming dependent on fewer and fewer payers is why. They know that the middle class can not survive with a dependency system.Most waste comes form people voting for stuff as long as they have no skin in the game. Liberals have a tendency to milk the cow dry.

Old 06-15-2011, 12:25 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,863,104 times
Quote:

They have a belief system, just like democrats. Voting against free handouts is not necessarily against your best interest. That's just your opinion.

Old 06-15-2011, 12:27 PM

4,300 posts, read 4,410,174 times
Quote:

You have properly identified one half of the problem. If you are a democrat, then look in the mirror to see the other half of the problem.

Old 06-15-2011, 12:29 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,956,590 times
Astroturfing (front groups and fake activism), universities, mass media, and mental health services play a major and powerful role in influencing people's thoughts, behaviors, emotions, personality, lifestyle, and voting trends. Or in other words hegemony and manufacturing consent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies