Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 07:45 AM

4,088 posts, read 4,388,688 times

Advertisements

Bristol Palin has put her newly-purchased Arizona house up for rent. She is going to Hollywood to star in a new "reality" show.

Bristol parlayed her single-mom status into a small fortune by going on the lecture circuit to promote...abstinance!

Now, she'll play...herself!!! In a new show, where she and her toddler will share a house with two struggling young actors, while they all work for... a charity of some kind??? Whatever, they'll come up with something... while a camera follows them around and records their antics.

Looks like the pistachio didnt fall too far from the nut tree!

Bristol Palin puts Arizona house up for rent - latimes.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2011, 07:52 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
"No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people" _____ H L Mencken

The man just seems to get smarter every year, pretty good for a dead man.

Old 06-17-2011, 08:43 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
American. The land of opportunity.

I don't know how they can call Kyle Massey a "struggling actor" when he's got so many TV spots and movies to his credit. I really liked him on Dancing With the Stars, seemed like a nice kid. Maybe Bristol and he will spark up a romance while living together.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1081836/

Old 06-17-2011, 08:48 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Thank the left and the MSM for making it possible. All the attacks and the constant placement of Palin's name and face on every TV news and talk show for months gave her celibrity status, which has rubbed off on her kids.

A country that will watch Dancing with the Stars, Idol, Big Brother, Housewives and Survivior XXX will watch anything.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:01 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,730,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
American. The land of opportunity.

I don't know how they can call Kyle Massey a "struggling actor" when he's got so many TV spots and movies to his credit. I really liked him on Dancing With the Stars, seemed like a nice kid. Maybe Bristol and he will spark up a romance while living together.

Kyle Massey - IMDb

I guess unless you have a multi-year TV deal or own your own production company to provide you with a steady income then you are considered "struggling". Most actors are unemployed between projects.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:07 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,209,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Thank the left and the MSM for making it possible. All the attacks and the constant placement of Palin's name and face on every TV news and talk show for months gave her celibrity status, which has rubbed off on her kids.

A country that will watch Dancing with the Stars, Idol, Big Brother, Housewives and Survivior XXX will watch anything.
Good insight. The Palin name has been kept before the public for 3 years now. Who can blame them for seizing whatever opportunities come to them from such exposure?

Old 06-17-2011, 09:15 AM

4,088 posts, read 4,388,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post

Palin Inc is definitely in a symbiotic relationship with the media, but the political left and right have nothing to do with it. As far as the media is concerned, the relationship is capitalistic, not political. Sarah and her brood will only interesting to the media as long as they can show a profit. The media could care less about Palin's politics- they only care about her marketability.

A far as the nation's left and right are concerned, I think we'd both have been happier if Palin had simply completed her term as Alaska governor, Bristol had gone to college and gotten an intern gig somewhere, Todd continued to race snowmobiles, etc.

Although I don't like Sarah's politics, I'd concede that her professional life in Alaska seemed to be successful. It was an honorable, authentic life for her and her family.

But Sarah's peculiar blend of narcissism, entitlement, and unbridled ambition, combined with a weird messianic streak, drove her to seek something else. Now, she is a living symbol of one of the major pathologies in this country- our obsession with celebrity, and the corrosive effect it has on our values.

And, sadly, it looks like Bristol is following Sarah's example.

Old 06-17-2011, 02:10 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Shouldn't this be in the celebrities sub-forum instead of politics? Bristol Palin is not a politician.

Old 06-17-2011, 02:14 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Shouldn't this be in the celebrities sub-forum instead of politics? Bristol Palin is not a politician.
No, I think politics and celebrity/entertainment are the same thing now.

I with the American public would stop encouraging reality TV.

Old 06-17-2011, 02:14 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,196,047 times
I'm sure the show will be just as popular as Sarah Palin's Alaska was.....FAIL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies