Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 11:16 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
What nerve you have to ask me this. I was on the front lines. Ugh! Your attitude just disgusts me.
Ditto, but you won't say what you did. I can't believe you did anything but answer phones with your attitude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2011, 11:19 PM

5,546 posts, read 10,001,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Ditto, but you won't say what you did. I can't believe you did anything but answer phones with your attitude.
I don't have to tell YOU what I did. And in the interest of not getting banned and saying what I'd REALLY like to say to you, I think we're done here oh little Janelle.

Old 06-22-2011, 11:26 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
Thank you. I do have a way of asking people the pertinent questions when they say they know things. Most of the time I get silence or a change of subject when they can't answer.

Old 06-23-2011, 12:01 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
My thinking is along these lines. I have toured the overflow shelters in my town. They look like a bunch of bodies in a concentration camp. This makes me wonder why churches do not open their doors and offer shelter in at least extreme climates (where I live and where my mother lives - both opposite extremes in climate).

Not zoned as such?

Why don't you ask the pastors of these churches about the help they offer?

Old 06-23-2011, 12:03 AM

1,019 posts, read 590,251 times
Quote:
The right wing is against the liberal safety net system. So...my question is (and republicans espouse this belief that help should come from personal charity and the churches), why aren't the churches flinging their doors open to house the homeless and those in need? Certainly they have plenty of pews (aka benches) and could afford a few sleeping bags from those Sunday collections.

WWJD?
Give 'em a shovel and bus them over to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave., Wash. DC. Ask for "Barry" and tell him they are there for the "jobs" with shovel in tow.

Old 06-23-2011, 12:04 AM

1,019 posts, read 590,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Thank you. I do have a way of asking people the pertinent questions when they say they know things. Most of the time I get silence or a change of subject when they can't answer.
Yes, but inside they are quietly laughing!!!

Old 06-23-2011, 12:07 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Because the GOP does not care about the poor. I don't know how much influence that these churches have on their congregations, or more importantly, how much influence FOX has on these churches, but there are many churches who do help the poor and they do so out of love. They are the real deal, practicing Christian ideals.

But, it's worth mentioning that they are outnumbered by churches full of faux Christians who watch FAUX News.

Know anyone poorer than the children the Democrats steal from so they can build monuments to their personal benevolence?

Old 06-23-2011, 12:15 AM

4,882 posts, read 5,015,823 times
Quote:
No, I don't. But I have visited several and their doors seem to be locked far too often when there are those in need who could use a respite from the heat or cold.
Why don't you take the ones that go to a locked church into your home?
I mean the Left thinks we should take care of everybody, right?

Old 06-23-2011, 12:28 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,283,089 times
Quote:
The right wing is against the liberal safety net system. Yes, because the LIBERAL one is basically support of every kind for life and it bankrupts us. We need to end most all safety nets in 6 months and allow the longer help be there for the truly disabled.
So...my question is (and republicans espouse this belief that help should come from personal charity and the churches), why aren't the churches flinging their doors open to house the homeless and those in need? I like the concept that charities or churches get involved because many have learned to lack shame for a lack of effort to work.
In my grandparents days as kids there was NO great society, there was 83% two parent black family households and people were encouraged to go get work or to get directed to work. Somewhere along the road government penalized men in the home and working.

Certainly they have plenty of pews (aka benches) and could afford a few sleeping bags from those Sunday collections.
Churches do a lot of work without government and many individuals do donate estates or mere dollars for good causes.

WWJD?
Jesus would say Thou Shall NOT covet they neighbor's goods.

Old 06-23-2011, 12:31 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,283,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
Why don't you take the ones that go to a locked church into your home?
I mean the Left thinks we should take care of everybody, right?
I work and have to live in the Hills of Beverly. I have a home east of here that I allowed a homeless family into.
No drive to work. Every drive to be on welfare. Got pregnant again with no prospects or home for probably the welfare money.

Mind you, California is insane with the give away programs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies