Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 09:55 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Well, that's patently ridiculous to make such a claim. The grocery store can be filled to the brim with Kobe Beef at $25 per lb .... but to people who can barely afford Chicken at $1.99 lb, the amount of beef available means nothing if they don't have money to buy it.

I thank the good lord I was taught how to make my own bow and arrows, along with giving me a green thumb. I have not had to rely solely on a grocery store in a long time.

All I need is a wet line off the well pumping out in the back 40 and I would not need to pay for any fuel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2011, 09:58 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,863,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I thank the good lord I was taught how to make my own bow and arrows, along with giving me a green thumb. I have not had to rely solely on a grocery store in a long time.

All I need is a wet line off the well pumping out in the back 40 and I would not need to pay for any fuel.
Rah, Rah, Rah! 1850 Rah! Rah! Rah!

Old 06-24-2011, 10:12 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
A one time kick to the nuts doesn't necessarily mean sterility will result.

This was 100% political.

Old 06-24-2011, 10:13 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Rah, Rah, Rah! 1850 Rah! Rah! Rah!

Why so immature?
is it Jealousy?

Old 06-24-2011, 10:19 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,864,594 times
I really don't understand why you hate "speculators" especially when you don't even know who they are... most of these speculators are YOUR OWN BANKS AND BIG CORPORATIONS.... yet you continue to give them money to "speculate", so are you in essence blaming yourself and don't even realize it? Personally I don't like oil or any commodity to be placed on the stock market... its doesn't help the commodity in terms of lowering the price but it does ensure that it will raise the price for whatever reason... its a lose-lose for Americans... yet, nobody is talking about removing commodities from the stock exchange... instead you blame speculators and ironically you are the same people funding the speculators capital to do all this...

Old 06-24-2011, 10:22 AM

15,096 posts, read 8,641,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

A man with a bow and arrow is no match for a gang of hungry people with firearms.

Unless you have a private Island ... you're only fooling yourself with this idea that may be able to create one in the woods.

Old 06-24-2011, 10:38 AM

15,096 posts, read 8,641,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I really don't understand why you hate "speculators" especially when you don't even know who they are... most of these speculators are YOUR OWN BANKS AND BIG CORPORATIONS.... yet you continue to give them money to "speculate", so are you in essence blaming yourself and don't even realize it? Personally I don't like oil or any commodity to be placed on the stock market... its doesn't help the commodity in terms of lowering the price but it does ensure that it will raise the price for whatever reason... its a lose-lose for Americans... yet, nobody is talking about removing commodities from the stock exchange... instead you blame speculators and ironically you are the same people funding the speculators capital to do all this...
The entire stock market is a ponzi scheme, with the big financial players front running and controlling the market. Because they can "See" trading in real time, while front running by a few milliseconds, they are guaranteed to be the big winners no matter what anyone else does either way.

The short and long selling by small speculators feeds those who control the trends ... and it is the primary mechanism for market manipulation while simultaneously siphoning wealth out of the system and into the pockets of the gangsters.

Shorts and Longs should be eliminated entirely, as should these electronic front running systems of the big brokerage houses. There can be no legitimate market while these mechanisms exist.

Derivatives, and credit default swaps ... same deal. They must be eliminated ... but they won't be ... you can take that to the bank!

Last edited by GuyNTexas; 06-24-2011 at 12:00 PM..

Old 06-24-2011, 11:36 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,633,377 times
Hmmm, so Oblunder tells us that we shouldn't be drilling for more oil because it will have little to no impact on prices. Then he agrees to tap our SPR to.....put more oil in the market and drive cost down.... Imagine if the stupid Dems had not fought tooth and nail to prevent ANWR exploration and development, by now we would be seeing 1million barrels of oil per day come to market EVERY DAY for DECADES. But the Dems say no to cheaper oil and less dependency on foreign oil.

This president is really dumb.

Old 06-24-2011, 04:34 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,477,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Hmmm, so Oblunder tells us that we shouldn't be drilling for more oil because it will have little to no impact on prices. Then he agrees to tap our SPR to.....put more oil in the market and drive cost down.... Imagine if the stupid Dems had not fought tooth and nail to prevent ANWR exploration and development, by now we would be seeing 1million barrels of oil per day come to market EVERY DAY for DECADES. But the Dems say no to cheaper oil and less dependency on foreign oil.

This president is really dumb.
And when reserves are low and there's nothing left? They still won't have drilled or increased anythig. Prices must " necessarily skyrocket!" Right after the elections and I can't be president again.

Old 06-24-2011, 04:36 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
another major screw up by the fool in the WH... That oil is there for an emergency, not to further some idiot's reelection chances.... Everything he does, he does for himself, he doesn't care about the country...
Doesn't matter, the fool is toast next election.!!
Gathering support for re-election IS an emergency with this administration.
Whatever it takes.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies