Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 09:12 AM

1,089 posts, read 655,850 times

Advertisements

PolitiFact | All statements involving Rush Limbaugh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2010, 09:17 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,865,913 times
Limbergerisms are such fun.

Old 05-02-2010, 09:25 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,487,419 times
Rush, like Beck, makes it up as he goes along. The idea that anything needs to be factual doesn't enter his mind from the moment the mike goes live to the moment it goes dead again, and probably not after that either. He's really little more than a cub reporter filing stories about the myths and yarns of some alternative reality...

Old 05-02-2010, 09:37 AM

1,089 posts, read 655,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Rush, like Beck, makes it up as he goes along. The idea that anything needs to be factual doesn't enter his mind from the moment the mike goes live to the moment it goes dead again, and probably not after that either. He's really little more than a cub reporter filing stories about the myths and yarns of some alternative reality...
Conservatives have uncritical minds, so if the story he tells fits their preconceived notions, they are good to go with the falsehoods. In John Dean's book - Conservatives Without Conscience - he describes people like this as Right Wing Authoritarian followers.

Old 05-02-2010, 10:03 AM

1,791 posts, read 1,793,665 times
He's the perfect pill for people that believe everything they HEAR. For the lazies that aren't motivated enough, or brave enough, to research credible sources for the TRUTH. Some people, as many of us know, will do anything for a buck. If I had no conscience, I could make "good" money too. It is a serious wonder how some people live with themselves. I have a few ideas of what Rush could put in his mouth other than lies, that would suit him just the same. Funny. I never hear anything about the "Loser Limbaugh" until I come here. Odd? Nah. Comical entertainment? Absolutely.

Old 05-02-2010, 10:19 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,487,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
Conservatives have uncritical minds, so if the story he tells fits their preconceived notions, they are good to go with the falsehoods. In John Dean's book - Conservatives Without Conscience - he describes people like this as Right Wing Authoritarian followers.
Yes, I've read it and some of the cited works behind it. It's (unfortunately) a very telling and rather haunting analysis.

Old 05-02-2010, 10:55 AM

5,407 posts, read 7,797,311 times
The problem you run into when you point this out however is then any factual critique is presented as a "manufacturing of the drive by media".

So all of a sudden it is the Rest of the World telling biased lies as part of a BIG CONSPIRACY and poor lil Rush is on his own bringing the "truth".

But people seem to swallow it. I personally would prefer major dental work than having to listen to that same tripe for hours day after day.

Old 05-02-2010, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
The problem you run into when you point this out however is then any factual critique is presented as a "manufacturing of the drive by media".

So all of a sudden it is the Rest of the World telling biased lies as part of a BIG CONSPIRACY and poor lil Rush is on his own bringing the "truth".

But people seem to swallow it. I personally would prefer major dental work than having to listen to that same tripe for hours day after day.
Well, the people that listen to him, want to hear this tripe. That's the point. That's what his business is. He is a smart businessman, he gives his listeners what they want to hear, they give him their money. Truth, has absolutely nothing to do with it. Beck and Palin, are following the same marketing plan, successfully.

Old 05-02-2010, 11:21 AM

622 posts, read 1,666,485 times
I love Rush. He's a great entertainer! And hey, he and Glenn Beck must be doing SOMETHING correctly.. theyre very successful at what they do. What's funny is, what they do drives the Left SO INSANE, that they just HAVE to listen to them to see 'what theyre gonna say next!'

Priceless.

Old 05-02-2010, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliciaMaria View Post
I love Rush. He's a great entertainer! And hey, he and Glenn Beck must be doing SOMETHING correctly.. theyre very successful at what they do. What's funny is, what they do drives the Left SO INSANE, that they just HAVE to listen to them to see 'what theyre gonna say next!'

Priceless.
I find them amusing. I also find it amusing, that so many people are willing to pay to hear it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies