Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 07:38 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,174,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAisGreat View Post
It makes perfect sense...Maybe it struck a nerve with you and you are not able to answer the question so you attack?
Didnt you just attack yourself?
Quote:
Awwww a little touchy are we? Are you actually saying the Shrub didn't run up the deficit?
"Shrub" didnt run the deficit up anywhere close to Obama Hell, Deficits were falling until Democrats took over the Congress again

In any event, if you havent noticed, the OP is gone from the forum, which makes me wonder why the nonsense continues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2011, 07:59 AM

1,495 posts, read 2,302,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Didnt you just attack yourself?

"Shrub" didnt run the deficit up anywhere close to Obama Hell, Deficits were falling until Democrats took over the Congress again

In any event, if you havent noticed, the OP is gone from the forum, which makes me wonder why the nonsense continues.
Perhaps the OP has, you know, a life. (I freely confess that my life has seen better days and this forum helps to distract and kill boredom, lol).

Old 06-26-2011, 04:38 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,769,803 times
Quote:
It makes perfect sense...Maybe it struck a nerve with you and you are not able to answer the question so you attack?
Perhaps you can translate crazy for me?

Old 06-26-2011, 04:45 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,866,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_cat View Post
Well I'll leave that aside for now. It's just that often when I object to people's judgmental arrogance on the issue of welfare, they protest that it's their money (disregarding the fact that an individual welfare recipient could hand an individual complainer a penny and they would be more than even). You are at least honest in saying it's not about the money.
The money is salt on the wound. It's more about the long term effects that it has on our society, and our economy. Your penny calculation is off though, sorry. Even food stamps alone cost much more than a penny a person.

Old 06-26-2011, 05:45 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,881,435 times
Quote:
Awwww a little touchy are we? Are you actually saying the Shrub didn't run up the deficit?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
pg beat me to it. the deficits did start to rise after bush took office, and after the 9/11 attacks. remember that we lost the world trade center, and had severe damage to the pentagon. we lost all the tax revenue that would have been generated from business activities generated by businesses that were in the trade center. the cut sin taxes that bush pushed through congress actually saved the economy from falling further into recession that was going on before bush took office.

the deficits had dropped to under $500 billion in 2006, but after the democrats took over congress in 2007, they shot back up again, but even still they didnt go over $500 billion until after obama took office when they were tripled by the democrats.

Old 06-26-2011, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
The money is salt on the wound. It's more about the long term effects that it has on our society, and our economy. Your penny calculation is off though, sorry. Even food stamps alone cost much more than a penny a person.
Read again what I wrote and tell me where your reading comprehension failed you.

Old 06-26-2011, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Read again what I wrote and tell me where your reading comprehension failed you.
You said that if welfare recipients gave taxpayers a penny each they would be even. This is false.

Old 06-26-2011, 07:26 PM

Quote:
You said that if welfare recipients gave taxpayers a penny each they would be even. This is false.
Individual taxpayers from individual recipients. Can't believe I had to repeat that for you.

Old 06-26-2011, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Individual taxpayers from individual recipients. Can't believe I had to repeat that for you.
There are 40+ million people on food stamps. Let's round it down to $100 a month (it can be double that in many cases). That's $4 billion per month, or $48 billion per year. That's quite a bit more than a penny per taxpayer.

Old 06-26-2011, 07:42 PM

Quote:
There are 40+ million people on food stamps. Let's round it down to $100 a month (it can be double that in many cases). That's $4 billion per month, or $48 billion per year. That's quite a bit more than a penny per taxpayer.
How many taxpayers are there, and how much does your average person pay in taxes? It may be more in the case of a very wealthy individual, but they can take it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies