Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 06:17 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,336,843 times

Advertisements

I'm surprised the lefties aren't already pushing to do away with 4th of July celebrations. They might offend those here illegally, you know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2011, 06:31 PM

46,334 posts, read 27,176,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Uhm...Maybe its you that should have not only read the link but did a little research. The so called study did NOT come from Harvard University. Google is your friend. Every Link directs you to a right wing site. I could find absolutely nothing that directs me to the Harvard University studies page that requires you to pay $79 for a copy of their study. Good Lawd
The Harvard gazette is a right wing site? Really? Are you sure you were reading my post?

Fireworks in the voting booth | Harvard Gazette

But I will agree with you....I did ASSUME that it came from Harvard, but no it appears that is came from
Quote:
new research paper co-authored by Harvard Kennedy School Assistant Professor David Yanagizawa-Drott and Bocconi University Assistant Professor Andreas Madestam.

Quote:
I could find absolutely nothing that directs me to the Harvard University studies page that requires you to pay $79 for a copy of their study. Good Lawd

I'm not really sure what yo are saying here? You say that nothing directs you to the harvard studies page.....but then it requires you to pay $79 for a copy of their study? So, is it there or not?

But, now I ask you....does it matter where it came from?

Old 06-30-2011, 07:02 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,511,585 times
Righties love when colorful things go boom and they can cheer. They're such children.

Old 06-30-2011, 07:28 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,546,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
The Harvard gazette is a right wing site? Really? Are you sure you were reading my post?

Fireworks in the voting booth | Harvard Gazette

No, Google takes you to several right wing sites and blogs that discuss the review
But I will agree with you....I did ASSUME that it came from Harvard, but no it appears that is came from

I'm not really sure what yo are saying here? You say that nothing directs you to the harvard studies page.....but then it requires you to pay $79 for a copy of their study? So, is it there or not?
Again NO What I was saying was if it did come from Harvard, it would have taken you to the site that requires you to pay $79 for the actual review. Since it didn't it isn't.
Uhm...Wasn't it YOU that made a big deal about it coming from the Presidents alma mater which in FACT it DID NOT. It was you that made it a big deal, so only YOU can answer that one.

Agai

Old 06-30-2011, 07:42 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,435,520 times
This shows a big difference between the cons and the liberals and is very very telling indeed. The cons think that us liberals should stop celebrating the 4th of July because it's not getting us any votes. That says a hell of a lot. The fact is that that doesn't matter because when those of us on the left celebrate our Independence day we don't celebrate it to get votes we celebrate it because we love America

Old 06-30-2011, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Uhm...Wasn't it YOU that made a big deal about it coming from the Presidents alma mater which in FACT it DID NOT. It was you that made it a big deal, so only YOU can answer that one.

Agai
O.K., great...answer questions that you want to answer...

I made the mistake and SO has EVERYONE else......are you complaining about them?

I even said I made the mistake and you won't accept that I said that....

Old 06-30-2011, 07:53 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,546,698 times
Quote:

I made the mistake and SO has EVERYONE else......are you complaining about them?

I even said I made the mistake and you won't accept that I said that....

What is wrong with you tonight? You asked me a questions, you know when you end a sentence with "?". If you don't want the questions answered don't asked or don't end a sentence with a question mark. Geesh.

Old 06-30-2011, 07:55 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,490,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
I'm surprised the lefties aren't already pushing to do away with 4th of July celebrations. They might offend those here illegally, you know.

I know you're not serious.

Old 06-30-2011, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Question 1......

Quote:
Question 2

Quote:
Question 3

I asked 3 questions and you answered 1....hence the

Quote:
You answered 1 of 3 and that 1 answer, I will accept...barley....

Old 06-30-2011, 09:34 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,993,714 times
Q: Will summers73 continue to troll and triumphantly knock down strawman after strawman?

A: Almost certainly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies