Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which drugs do you think should be legal?
Nicotine 76 78.35%
Alcohol 77 79.38%
Caffeine 83 85.57%
Marijuana 75 77.32%
MDMA ("Ecstasy") 43 44.33%
Psiclobin ("Shrooms") 45 46.39%
LSD ("Acid") 39 40.21%
Ketamine ("Special K") 30 30.93%
Synthetic marijuana 46 47.42%
Street methadone 30 30.93%
Cocaine 36 37.11%
Heroin 34 35.05%
Chicken tikka masala 43 44.33%
None 5 5.15%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 09:20 PM

19,717 posts, read 20,244,680 times

Advertisements

I think they should make prescription drugs illegal then put everyone on the chronic, stat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2012, 09:22 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
Answer the poll, dawg.

Chicken Tikka Masala sounds like something I would fix for supper and I don't use illegal narcotics but some sort of Chicken for supper is always good.

Old 02-01-2012, 09:40 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,784,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
All of the above. Who am I to tell a grown adult what they can and can't do with their body?
I can't vote on this poll because that's not the real issue so much as public behavior & people rendering themselves unfit for civilization and unaccountable for themselves through addiction. We need improved understanding of addiction, hopefully prevention screening heading them off before they steer off a cliff, and a better means to fairly deal with addicts (fair to the rest of us in civilization) before I can say yes. I don't want to hear anymore stories about alcohol abuse starting at the age of 12 and shrooms getting in their hands by legalizing is more likely than not to occur.

I have grave concerns about children being raised in or proximal to addict culture. Exhibit A Robert Downey Jr's early life was incredibly tragic. He nearly didn't make it and the risk of running off the rails again is with him for the rest of his life. It's a parentally imposed handicap rivaling cults that rationalize child neglect because 'god told them'. Whomever wants a life of drugs needs to willfully consent to renounce what they're rendering themselves unable to live up to. DOT professions are just a drop in the bucket. Medical professions, military... whole host of other high risk life and death adult responsibilities upholding civilization & communities.

A woman was arrested for murdering her child. She was so strung out on whatever (meth?) she put her infant in the washing machine with the rest of the wash. I don't have to read it again to know beyond doubt we need a better means of socially confronting these individuals before they commit grievous harm to others. It's too much wear and tear on cops/ emergency service provider systems ill equipped to deal with what is a lifelong habit of self inflicted calamity abusing good will & rights of all others.

Old 02-01-2012, 09:45 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,462,379 times
People do drugs anyway. We may as well provide a safe manner in which to do them. So I voted to legalize them all--though I have to say I didn't know till tonight that Chicken Tikka Masala was a drug.

Old 02-01-2012, 09:51 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,202,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesky42day View Post
I voted for all of the drugs.
I am convinced that the only way to break the power and corruptive influence of the drug cartels is to take away their profit. Make all drugs legal. There will be people that destroy themselves, just as now happens, but it will remove the profit and the "cool" from drugs and people that use them will be pitied and looked down socialy on just as when drugs were legal before around the turn of the last century. It's not a good solution, it's the only solution.

Old 02-01-2012, 09:52 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
All of the above. Who am I to tell a grown adult what they can and can't do with their body?
I agree, all of them. However, if we're going to have tax-funded health care, hold on. If I have to choose between a $20 billion/yr bill for a war on drugs, and a $500 billion/yr for rehab/hep c/aids etc. for millions of drug users, I will choose the former.

Old 02-01-2012, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
it's a british dish... chicken made with yogurt and curry spices.... really really good.
Yes, and no. It's Indian and Brits are fond of Indian.

Old 02-01-2012, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
If I have to choose between a $20 billion/yr bill for a war on drugs, and a $500 billion/yr for rehab/hep c/aids etc. for millions of drug users, I will choose the former.
The war on drugs is failing miserably. Why waste more money? Take away the drug profits and the war is over automaticaly.

Old 02-02-2012, 12:51 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
I voted for every drug. Organized crime would decline and we would no longer have to fund an unwinnable war (the War on Drugs).
I would rather first only legalize marijuana and see if that goes as well or better than tobacco and alcohol. My guess is that it would work out fine. Common sense should dictate that keeping illegal drugs under the control of violent criminals is insane social policy. After all, narcs think they are only able to seize 10 per cent of the underground drug market. Under that circumstance people, such as underaged kids lose, drugs win.

Old 02-02-2012, 01:26 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Just Think Twice - Facts & Fiction - Fiction: Other People's Drug Use Doesn't Cost Me Anything

In Kentucky alone, taxpayers spent $1.7 million on prisoners’ teeth. 80% of these costs cover treatment and decay. “Meth mouth” is a form of tooth decay resulting from users’ neglect.

The Oklahoma Department of Human Services is reporting a record 7012 children in foster care, a thousand more than last year’s total. Parental neglect at the hands of methamphetamine users is contributing to this increase.

According to an article in the Financial Times ( October 17, 2005), oil industry workers who abuse and produce methamphetamine have caused delays and increased costs to oil producers. This has resulted in project slowdowns and increases in the price of oil in the United States and around the world.

An article appearing in HighCountryNews.org on October 3, 2005 illustrates the extent of the methamphetamine problem within the oil and gas rig workforce in rural Colorado. Meth-using workers in this dangerous industry increase the number of mistakes and accidents, endangering other workers and driving up the costs of operations.
Very good post.
Drugs like the above do cost society a lot... both in money and personally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies