Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 01:48 PM

4,049 posts, read 5,032,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
ok, you got me. I will edit.

back to the question. taxtion on corporations. how does that work without making poor and middle income people pay for it... almost all of it...
I won't deny that corporations will pass some taxes on to consumers. A flat corp tax increase might be sort of like a flat sales tax increase, which is why I say we should eliminate the loopholes that have been paid for in the form of lobbying and backroom deals instead.

But, there is competition and corps that don't pass as much to the consumer should get more business.. the corp can decide to increase prices or maybe cut some bonuses .

As a side note, and I'm not an economist so I can't say what truly is best and most fair for our country (economists can't really either), but if corporations are "people too" then they should pay taxes too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2011, 01:54 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
I won't deny that corporations will pass some taxes on to consumers. A flat corp tax increase might be sort of like a flat sales tax increase, which is why I say we should eliminate the loopholes that have been paid for in the form of lobbying and backroom deals instead.

But, there is competition and corps that don't pass as much to the consumer should get more business.. the corp can decide to increase prices or maybe cut some bonuses .

As a side note, and I'm not an economist so I can't say what truly is best and most fair for our country (economists can't really either), but if corporations are "people too" then they should pay taxes too.
Well, at least we agree that economists cant either! LOL!

I have news for you 100% of a corporations cost structure is passed on to the consumer. there may be some variation in what the company is willing to accept in profit, but none of them are in the business of selling stuff at below their own costs.

100% of every tax that a corporation must pay will be charged to the customer, every single time. AND 95% of all households are NOT rich.

Old 07-01-2011, 02:08 PM

where are the brilliant liberals who can answer the quesiton?

Old 07-01-2011, 02:10 PM

1,378 posts, read 1,392,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
don't increase tax rates, just get rid of loopholes that allow some of the biggest corps have <0% effective US tax rate.
Exactly.

Old 07-01-2011, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenSJC View Post
Exactly.
maybe you can explain it?

you say just make them pay the current rate. How is that current rate not forwarded on to their customers?

Old 07-01-2011, 02:17 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,701,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
We hear daily that we need to tax on corporations and that it isn’t fair that they are not paying ‘their fair share’.

So I got to thinking how exactly can that happen? If you tax a business, how can you insure they will pay the tax without simply passing that cost along to their customers?
A minimum tax based on gross reciepts. Say $1 million on each $1 Billion.

The best way to remove the cap from the wage tax. That would require Corporations to nreprt ALL WAGES and pay their share of Wage Tax on CEO Salaries

Old 07-01-2011, 02:22 PM

1,378 posts, read 1,392,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post

The best way to remove the cap from the wage tax. That would require Corporations to nreprt ALL WAGES and pay their share of Wage Tax on CEO Salaries
It's not the CEO Salaries that are the main problem, although I agree that currently, many of them are obscene.

It's the fact that a lot of income they get, they don't report as income or wages. A lot of it is long-term capital gains, dividends, options, bonuses, severance packages, etc.

Old 07-01-2011, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post

and somehow that will stop corporations from passing these taxes along to their customers?

comeone Boompa you are smart! you know full well that every dollar in cost that a busness incurrs is passed to the consumer!

Old 07-01-2011, 03:23 PM

any more liberals wanna take up the tax corporations banner?

Old 07-01-2011, 03:30 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,701,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenSJC View Post
It's not the CEO Salaries that are the main problem, although I agree that currently, many of them are obscene.

It's the fact that a lot of income they get, they don't report as income or wages. A lot of it is long-term capital gains, dividends, options, bonuses, severance packages, etc.
The Wage Tax on one executives retirement package would have been $42 million from him and from the Corporation. That'll keep a lot of grannys in their nursing home and not the Knackers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies