Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2011, 06:26 PM

513 posts, read 581,277 times

Advertisements

Seriously, can any Democrat here sincerely tell me how members of the Democrat voter base or campaign contributor base should sacrifice because I constantly hear Democrats calling for "shared sacrifice", but in practice the only actual policies I hear coming from Democrats are those that hit Republican voters/campaign contributors in the pocketbook, i.e. the productive class. Now considering the fact that Republican voters, by in large, already foot the bill when it comes to government spending, and Democrat voters by in large not only pay nothing to fund the government, but many also consume the services Republican voters pay for, how is it fair and just that Democrats only demand that those who comprise the Republican voting base be forced to fork over more of their money to the government? Why are Democrat voters never asked to sacrifice some of their free benefits to solve the debt crisis? Why are productive people called greedy and selfish for not wanting to surrender more of their private property for redistribution? It seems to me, the only people actually sharing in the sacrifice are the Republican voters, while the Democrat voters and the campaign contributors are making out like bandits. When did it become acceptable for a political party (the Democrat Party) to use the public treasury to grow its voter base? I thought the point of taxes was to fund the government, not for the Democrats to repay their campaign contributors and pay people to vote for them. Discuss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2011, 10:58 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,941,304 times
Well, let's see. According to your post, you would have us believe that all people who vote for the Democrats are welfare moms conning the system, people living in the projects who deal drugs and use illegally obtained food stamps, etc. No Democrat manages to hold down an actual job - normally, you see them on street corners with "Will work for food" signs. Of course, Democrats don't actually have to work for food - there's plenty for everyone at the local soup kitchens. But the Dems do need to collect spare change so they can buy their pint of vodka or bottle of cheap wine. Come to think of it, most Democrats are alcoholics on top of everything else. It's amazing that such a bunch of ner' do wells like the Democrats have managed to push the legislation for their entitlement programs through Congress. I bet Jimmy Carter or Bill Clinton slipped some acid into the water coolers in the offices of the Republican side of the legislature. That would have done the trick.

What a nasty trick to pull on the Republicans who are indeed the backbone of our country! Republicans work 16 hour days and think nothing of it. If the real truth came out about those unemployment figures, everyone would see that not a single Republican is in the ranks of the unemployed. It's the lazy Dems who have skewed the figures, not to mention the economy. Republicans are thrifty, hard working, and put all their money into investments that are good for the country - like yachts. Did you know that when the luxury tax on yachts went up, thrifty Republicans stopped buying them and threw millions of former yacht workers onto the dole? Of course these workers were all Democrats and probably would have lost their jobs anyway due to their drinking problems.

So, to answer your question, as to what sacrifice should the Democrats make. I think they should get rid of the Federal highway system. They can just fly everywhere in Leer jets like their Republican colleagues do. The Dems shouldn't be driving drunk, anyway, and if there were no more roads, the DUI plague would cease to exist in the US.

Plus, all those fat Democratic welfare queens would be forced to walk everywhere and maybe they'd lose some weight. Democrats with "Will work for Food" signs would have to find some other way to panhandle, since there would be no more roads that they could stand next to. Giving up the funding for Federal Transportation would probably have all kinds of ripple effects like people starving because trucks could no longer carry food to where they live. This would get rid of lots of Dems, too and not impact Republicans since they have all those private jets and yachts and Hummers that would still supply them with the essentials of life.

Now, how could a Republican refuse a compromise like that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies