Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 03:51 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
At least he can pronounce nuclear correctly. Teleprompter or no teleprompter, that was a feat Bush could never accomplish.
It's hilarious the way the left always compares Obama to Bush, who in their mind was an imbecile. You never hear them compare obama to Kennedy. I wonder why?

Reminds me of a quote by Lloyd Benston............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2011, 04:13 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,708,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
There is no argument....

Teleprompters were widely used by past presidents....

The difference is obama can't give an intelligent speech without one...

Take away his teleprompter and he is a babbling idiot......

Obama's safety net: the TelePrompter - Carol E. Lee - POLITICO.com
But that's not true at all. Obama's spoken on many occassions - press conference, interviews, townhall meetings - without a teleprompter and done just fine. One need only watch the video of Obama dominating the entire Republican House in Baltimore without any telemprompter. He's a very good speaker.

So, you're wrong. Please adjust your beliefs so they align with the truth. Thank you.

Old 07-04-2011, 04:19 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
But that's not true at all. Obama's spoken on many occassions - press conference, interviews, townhall meetings - without a teleprompter and done just fine. One need only watch the video of Obama dominating the entire Republican House in Baltimore without any telemprompter. He's a very good speaker.

So, you're wrong. Please adjust your beliefs so they align with the truth. Thank you.
I disagree, examples abound of Obama's poor speaking ability as well as poor grasp of the facts when speaking extemporaneously.

Old 07-04-2011, 04:27 PM

898 posts, read 827,922 times
People called Rove "Bush's Brain". Now, we're calling the teleprompter "Barry's Brain" because without one, that boy is lost.

Old 07-04-2011, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
I disagree, examples abound of Obama's poor speaking ability as well as poor grasp of the facts when speaking extemporaneously.
Why, because he says "umm" and actually thinks through what he's going to say? Geez. You guys just hate to hate. He speaks fine - certainly better than the last guy.

Old 07-04-2011, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomba View Post
People called Rove "Bush's Brain". Now, we're calling the teleprompter "Barry's Brain" because without one, that boy is lost.
Do you have any concept how much smarter he is than both you and me? Seriously. Just watch how he juggles multiple ideas simultaneously without contradiction. Perhaps what you interpret as stupid is either him not saying what you want to hear or him discussing the complexity of situations without giving a clear "right or wrong" answer to complex problems, like Bush used to do and then get us in trouble.

You can legitimately critique him for any number of things, but when you call him stupid it's clear you have no basis to your perspective.

Old 07-04-2011, 04:46 PM

4,882 posts, read 5,015,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
At least he can pronounce nuclear correctly. Teleprompter or no teleprompter, that was a feat Bush could never accomplish.
Never heard Bush refer to 57 states, teleprompter or not. But, FWIW, the use of a teleprompter is no big deal.

Old 07-04-2011, 04:48 PM

898 posts, read 827,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Do you have any concept how much smarter he is than both you and me? Seriously. Just watch how he juggles multiple ideas simultaneously without contradiction. Perhaps what you interpret as stupid is either him not saying what you want to hear or him discussing the complexity of situations without giving a clear "right or wrong" answer to complex problems, like Bush used to do and then get us in trouble.

You can legitimately critique him for any number of things, but when you call him stupid it's clear you have no basis to your perspective.
LOL! You actually believe this fool is intelligent, don't you? Wow, just wow.

Old 07-04-2011, 04:51 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,369,433 times
Seriously.......

I poke at O because it's sport.

I learned it from the left.

Old 07-04-2011, 04:51 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
I don't know if its just extreme right wing propaganda. Just trying "nitpick" with out knowing all facts..

People complain that the president uses a teleprompter.. Even though he is not the first to use one, Many presidents have used Aides while making big speeches.

The purpose of a teleprompter

Ronald Reagan often used a dual screen teleprompter.
George Bush
Used a teleprompter and made the switch to large index cards.
The point is Presidents and many elected officials have used teleprompters for about a half century.
Some believe Bush used a teleprompter to declare war on Iraq.
(I'm personally not sure about that. But would not be surprised^)

Some presidents used a teleprompter at the state of the Union.

I would rather a president that at least makes eye contact(or appears to) then someone who looks down and flips pages. Or even one who rights notes on their hands....
Or someone who looks at the wrong camera while making a speech for a good 10 minutes, and then bitching about someone else usage of a teleprompter.

Either way its a presidents words/thoughts, (through a speech writer if a president has one) that appear.
And Yes many presidents have had speech writers..

I just don't get all the bitching and whining about Obama using a teleprompter. I do not remember all the complaining with any other president on this subject.
I know he uses it a lot but, as long as the message is getting out, it should not matter.

I'm not a Obama fan, didn't vote in 2008, I probably will not vote for him in 2012 and just looking at his possible opponents I probably will not vote at all.

I don't know if some extreme right wingers don't know the history of the presidential teleprompter usage.
Or if they are just trying to find SOMETHING, to whine about.
The Repugs will make this all about Obama to direct away from their abject stupidity at being so ignorant and unsophisticated that they don't know many speakers have used teleprompters for years.

These are the "people"(barely) that were so UPSET because Obama didn't wear his suit coat in the Oval Office....just hate and ignorance, their calling card.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies