Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 06:59 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times

Advertisements

At least that's what lefties keep telling me.
"After repeated violation of Pakistani air space, covert activities and military intervention, the US Embassy in Islamabad has arranged the first ever “Gay, Lesbian Bisexual and Transgender Pride Celebration” ceremony and assured Washington’s support to the participants.
In response, all Islamic groups condemned this meeting as “social and cultural terrorism” against the Islamic democratic Pakistan.
These students are gathered here to protest against what they say is the US attempts to promote vulgarity in Islamic societies under the pretext of human rights.
The U.S. deputy ambassador, Richard Hoagland, who hosted the meeting was quoted in a statement on the US embassy website “I want to be clear the US embassy is here to support you and stand by your side every step of the way”…
…Demonstrators urged Pakistani government to stop US meddling in Pakistan. Homosexual acts are illegal in Pakistan and punishable by a fine and imprisonment for a period of two years, but under Islamic laws in Pakistan, homosexual acts are punishable by whipping, imprisonment or death."
PressTV - Pakistanis slam gay rights event
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2011, 10:13 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
"After repeated violation of Pakistani air space, covert activities and military intervention, the US Embassy in Islamabad has arranged the first ever “Gay, Lesbian Bisexual and Transgender Pride Celebration” ceremony and assured Washington’s support to the participants.
In response, all Islamic groups condemned this meeting as “social and cultural terrorism” against the Islamic democratic Pakistan.
These students are gathered here to protest against what they say is the US attempts to promote vulgarity in Islamic societies under the pretext of human rights.
The U.S. deputy ambassador, Richard Hoagland, who hosted the meeting was quoted in a statement on the US embassy website “I want to be clear the US embassy is here to support you and stand by your side every step of the way”…
…Demonstrators urged Pakistani government to stop US meddling in Pakistan. Homosexual acts are illegal in Pakistan and punishable by a fine and imprisonment for a period of two years, but under Islamic laws in Pakistan, homosexual acts are punishable by whipping, imprisonment or death."
I wonder if he and his people know how Muslims feel about homosexuality. Maybe this is his way of proving that he is not a Muslim.

Old 07-04-2011, 10:23 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,389,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Pakistan was hiding bin Laden. They may have fooled Bush and his team of morons into thinking they were our "friends", but not Obama. Wonder how many billions Bush gave these homophobic double-crossers?

Old 07-04-2011, 11:39 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,946,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Pakistan was hiding bin Laden. They may have fooled Bush and his team of morons into thinking they were our "friends", but not Obama. Wonder how many billions Bush gave these homophobic double-crossers?
Don't be racist or I'm calling the diversity police on you for not respecting the Muslims' beliefs. Racist! Islamophobe! Republican!

Old 07-05-2011, 12:18 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times
Quote:
Oh really. Well I'm still awaiting the DNA results that were promised after they tossed his supposed body into the sea. I'm not holding my breath that's for sure. Still not a drop of evidence and the media went silent the day after Obama declared he would stop talking about it. Wonder why that is?

Old 07-05-2011, 12:29 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,462,675 times
This war mongering and policing the world is exactly how we make ENEMIES NOT FRIENDS. Under Obama it is as if he can't help himself. He's addicted to stirring up trouble wherever he can, whether Congress approves or not. Yet Americans are either so out of it they don't know he is doing it or they know but they are too apathetic to do anything about it -- like complain to their elected officials!

Old 07-05-2011, 01:20 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
This is horrible idea. It's one thing to promote such cultures and lifestyles in the USA, where freedom of expression is allowed. But its an entirely different thing to take those expressions and force them on a country whose own ideals are vastly different than ours. I have to take the side of Pakistan in this instance. Just as we don't want Radical Islam forced on us, we shouldn't expect that they'd want "radical Americanism" forced on them. I disapprove of this in principle.

Old 07-05-2011, 04:31 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,350,388 times
Quote:

Quote:
November 7, 2010 11:47 AM EST
U.S. President Barack Obama called Pakistan a "strategically important" ally

Obama says Pakistan a 'strategically important' ally - International Business Times

Old 07-05-2011, 04:36 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,940,747 times
That's political doublespeak, dude. Our relationship with Pakistan is fraught, to say the least, and it's very likely that they are waging proxy war against us in the Middle East. This has nothing to do with the gay rights event, however, which fairly baffles my mind. The terrible treatment of homosexuals in Islamic countries is to be condemned, but I don't really see how this helps the situation.

Old 07-05-2011, 08:08 AM

4,301 posts, read 7,036,188 times
Quote:
And we are all eternally grateful Obama completely cut Pakistan off from any funding or aid the moment he took office.

Last edited by Frankie117; 07-05-2011 at 08:17 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies