Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 12:51 PM

45,585 posts, read 27,203,264 times

Advertisements

Markets in Everything: $49 Strip Mall Lab Tests; A Convenient, Affordable Antidote to Obamacare

Any Lab Test Now has what it calls a 'Take Out Menu' of lab tests it performs. Lab officials say they've seen DNA tests for both paternity and immigration related issues, STD testing for informational purposes, thyroid panels and diabetes panels.

University of Minnesota Business Professor Steve Parente says with high deductible insurance becoming more popular this store-front lab test firm is an increasingly popular business model. Any Lab Test Now opened its first Minnesota branch in Plymouth in June and plans to have three more in the next year."

Hopefully this will work out and they are doing things correctly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2011, 12:53 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,618,904 times
Give it time, Skippy's administration will find a way to close down stuff like that.

Old 07-05-2011, 01:00 PM

3,045 posts, read 3,194,098 times
Well hopefully the healthcare reform makes people who whine about skippy actually get off their backsides, get some insurance and stop free loading off of other people's insurance.

Old 07-05-2011, 01:04 PM

898 posts, read 828,061 times
What makes you think people without insurance don't pay their own bills? Pretty ignorant comment.

Old 07-05-2011, 01:40 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
OH, that's a briliant solution! People doing their own diagnosing (bad) and ordering their own lab tests (not quite so bad). Then when they finally get to a doctor and they find out they got tested for the wrong problem, they'll be angry at the doctor.

Old 07-05-2011, 05:47 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,948,315 times
What wonderful news!

If I have cancer I can go to a strip mall and get effective treatment and get a lab test!

If I have diabetes, osteoporosis, ALS, a detached retina, anemia, melanoma, and any other disease ... the affordable answer to my prayers is here!!!

Old 07-05-2011, 07:46 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,914,446 times
If it cuts down on the huge amount of waste in the health care system that is a good thing. The medical industrial complex is probably studying ways to stop it.

Old 07-06-2011, 04:43 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,288,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
What wonderful news!

If I have cancer I can go to a strip mall and get effective treatment and get a lab test!

If I have diabetes, osteoporosis, ALS, a detached retina, anemia, melanoma, and any other disease ... the affordable answer to my prayers is here!!!
The scarecrow from OZ would be jealous over the strawman you just built.

Old 07-06-2011, 06:51 AM

4,697 posts, read 6,449,854 times
Without knowing the effectiveness/accuracy of the tests being performed, my first reaction is that the more health care options that are made available to people, the better. And if the Affordable Care Act prompts private industry to offer such options, so much the better.

Quote:
University of Minnesota Business Professor Steve Parente says with high deductible insurance becoming more popular this store-front lab test firm is an increasingly popular business model.
Sounds good.

I know that when I had a physical last year, for the first time ever my doctor sent me to a lab (in a strip mall, BTW) to have my blood work done. Up until last year, blood would be drawn at my doctor's office and sent to the lab. I figured sending me (on my dime) rather then sending my blood was a cost-cutting measure, and I'm all in favor of that.

The results were sent to my doctor, and he called to review and explain the results with me.

Old 07-06-2011, 08:21 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,742,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
What wonderful news!

do you have any idea what a "lab test" is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies