Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 10:15 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,529,862 times

Advertisements

Here is an expert on Infectious Diseases....

Expert Doctor Won't Vaccinate His Own Children - Vaccine Is More Deadly Than Swine Flu Itself! - YouTube

Old 01-29-2012, 10:19 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,872,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
There may be a correlation between mandatory immunization for pertussis and the otherwise unexplanable increase in autism among our children in America. Proven? No. Suspicious on the cicumstantial evidence? Yes.
Nope. The alleged increase in diagnosis is merely a result of differing diagnostic criteria. Children who would have been labeled mentally retarded or learning diseabled a generation ago are now called autistic. Parents seek out the label because more services are available to kids with that label.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
Rut Row!

When liberal rags like even Huffington Post get on the bandwagon of revealing that Flu shots are not very effective per the risks....it's Bad.

If they admit it's only fifty-Nine percent effective then it's likely even less than that.

Flu Shot Only 59 Percent Effective, Analysis Finds
Finally you get something right on this issue! Congratulations. The Huffington Post is definitely a rag. But it's a rag because their science section is a joke. They routinely run articles by notorious anti-vaccine morons like Jenny McCarthy, Jim Carrey and David Kirby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
She's a physician? Her bio says she has a BA in English.

Unless this is a different Barbara Loe Fisher, and not the same one who is the co-founder and president of the National Vaccine Misinformation Center?

After she said that no matter how high the vaccination rates are there are still cases of whooping cough, she lost me. Would that have anything to do with the increasing rate of non-vaxers? Lack of people getting their kids their age appropriate boosters?
That would be the same Fisher. She's a public health menace. She sued Dr. Offit because he called her for the liar she is. She's never met a vaccine she liked or one that she didn't feel the need to lie about.

Old 01-29-2012, 10:22 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
How do you gauge the pharmeceutical industry? Certainly we cannot rely on the FDA and as far as advertising, no one does it better than the drug companies. Look, I'm not one of the radical no vaccine at all under any circumstances types, but I am more than skeptical and distrusting of an industry that had become an industrial complex and more about the bottom line than the people.

Interesting chart on this site and I imagine the facts are checkable if one takes the time...

Death By Vaccination
The chart is wrong for the US,27-29 doses of vaccine by age 5 are recommended (depending on brands used), not 36. The chart for Iceland (the only other one I looked up) shows too few vaccines, it is 13, not 11, and they recommend one that we don't give (Meningitis C). Plus, as of last year, they added 4 more. More anti-vaccine hysteria.

Old 01-29-2012, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Actually there are very few vaccines that could even be considered important ones. The polio vaccine for one -- and that one became necessary because of hygiene, it was the delay in encountering the virus that led to the problems which is why babies used to get the live virus vaccine -- get them the normal childhood illness at the proper time rather than risk them getting it when they were too old to get it.

The tetanus vaccine is another good one. Measles and mumps are just mild illness as long as a child gets them early enough -- delay their meeting up with the virus until their teen years and there can be problems.

But also there are studies showing that illness actually helps the body because defective cells like cancer cells don't survive a cold virus while the healthy cells do.

But oh well -- the pharmaceutical companies are making a huge fortune by having the government mandate all their products.
Not even remotely true any of this. Even a relatively healthy child has a 40% risk of hospitalization rate from measles. The pharmacuetical companies make almost nothing on vaccines. Many have stopped making them because of this. They'd make more money on treatment of disease rather than prevention of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Those people should get the vaccines -- but I haven't missed a day of work ever in my life, never missed a day of college or high school so not getting every vaccine they come out with isn't killing me.

It makes no difference - if my immune system encountered the real measles or the real chickenpox, I'm every bit as or more immune then someone who got the vaccine. If I get the flu and they got their flu shot, they don't need to worry.
Again not true. Sometimes vaccines don't work, as anti-vax nuts love to point out. But why would any rational human be in favor of full fledged disease rather than a few shots with far fewer risks?

Quote:
Alright!! Malamute and Sickofnyc....excellent posts.

The Medical Establishment is becoming outnumbered by folks like us that no longer are uninformed sheeple. We are in control of our own health and bods.

WE are the true Pro choicers and many of them that would gladly allow us an abortion are livid that we aren't hypocrites as they are. Shots? no shots? Our choice, not theirs to make for us.
You stupid anti-vaccine "choice" puts entire members of my community at risk from dangerous and infectious diseases. That's a disgusting thing to do. You're part of the herd whether you like it or not. You're one serious illness diagnosis from being at risk from moronic anti-vaxxers.

Old 01-29-2012, 10:30 PM

Quote:
How can you castigate the pharmacuetical companies for the small profits they make on vaccines and then pull up Mercola? Have you bothered to look at his site? He's all about selling people products. At least vaccines, unlike the garbage he peddles, actually work. I wonder how much money he makes on garbage like krill oil and tanning beds?

Old 01-29-2012, 10:32 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,529,862 times
Eleanora, the stupidity rests with the crowd you are a happy sheeple of. Knock it off.....you can try to outpost or outscream me but you cannot bring any wisdom to the table to "outsmart" my beliefs.

I, thank God am so very healthy because of my rejection of the barrage of shots and as my Harvard Dermatologist told me last year, he said "You have a fantastic immune system! Most people do not heal this quickly."

This is because I allow it to do its job. I have never had a flu shot and am in my mid-to-late fifties and I will never be having one. Thank God more and more folks are thinking just like me.

Note....we now have as many "experts" in our camp as you have in yours. Just like my fantastic, California pediatrician, many of them won't come out publicly, yet but they sure are supportive of their patients that reject the shots. Oh, their numbers are legion! they are harder to enumerate than homeschoolers!

Old 01-29-2012, 10:34 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,260,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
There may be a correlation between mandatory immunization for pertussis and the otherwise unexplanable increase in autism among our children in America. Proven? No. Suspicious on the cicumstantial evidence? Yes.
Not really, not yet.

Where are the scientific studies on the unvaccinated who show signs of autism around the age of two+? Why aren't they being done?

Until the unvaxed are compared with the vaxed and the rate of autism in the un-vaxed community is found to be less than in the vaxed community, there is no blame that can be put anywhere.

This is what has always bothered me: why is no research being done on children who have adverse reactions to vaccines? What is the difference between them and the millions of others who are fully vaxed and have no issues? There has to be something and it needs to be identified.

Old 01-29-2012, 10:45 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
How can you castigate the pharmacuetical companies for the small profits they make on vaccines and then pull up Mercola? Have you bothered to look at his site? He's all about selling people products. At least vaccines, unlike the garbage he peddles, actually work. I wonder how much money he makes on garbage like krill oil and tanning beds?
The Bird Flu Hoax...was a hoax. In all honesty I've never heard mcuh about this guy, but I do know how corrupt the pharmaceutical industry is.

Actually, if Big Pharma is not making big bucks they will scrap a product...

Why Are Pharmaceutical Companies Gradually Abandoning Vaccines?: Factors That Discourage Vaccine Making

Medscape: Medscape Access

To me this is just further proof of why they cannot be trusted.

BTW...Has krill oil killed anyone yet?

Old 01-29-2012, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Everytime there is an outbreak it is later found that an alarming number of those that came down with the disease were immunized against it.

No one has ever said that immunizations are 100% for all and don't wane.

Which outbreaks would those have been?

You can't tell me that if 100 non vaxed kids were exposed to a vax preventable disease, a much, much higher percentage of them would end up with said disease than the vaxed community. Then we'd have to define the vaccinated community. Did they have all of their vaccinations for the said disease? Were they late in getting the last round? Chances are, no matter the scenario, an unvaxed kid who comes in contact with a disease is going to get it. The vaxed kid has a much better chance of not getting it, or if he/she does, it will be a much milder case.

Old 01-29-2012, 11:15 PM

Quote:
The Bird Flu Hoax...was a hoax. In all honesty I've never heard mcuh about this guy, but I do know how corrupt the pharmaceutical industry is.

Actually, if Big Pharma is not making big bucks they will scrap a product...

Why Are Pharmaceutical Companies Gradually Abandoning Vaccines?: Factors That Discourage Vaccine Making

Medscape: Medscape Access

To me this is just further proof of why they cannot be trusted.

BTW...Has krill oil killed anyone yet?
Mercola is the wrong guy to use as a source.

He's a self promoting, fear mongering/promoter and a quack. Who, despite his time spent in medical school, thinks grape seed oil can cure all...until it doesn't. But he never goes THERE.

I don't have problems with D.O.'s in general, but Mercola is an idiot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies