Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 11:53 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,847,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaMarley View Post
Tell them to not vote for him either. He's not just pushing black people out of the middle class. There's a ton of white people who WERE middle class, that are now entering the depths of poverty!
So many people are losing their homes now, and also their jobs. I see a crisis in the future, if we don't stop all this overspending by our govt, and all this intrusion into our lives. We don't need BIG Government, that's what Obama crusaded for.
But our govt is growing big by leaps & bounds every day. Stop giving the politicans so much money for their salaries.. Other people have had to take pay cuts!
I can't convince other people who to vote for. Obviously I have talked to a few friends and family members that are less educated about politics and just vote democrat, but I cannot sway the minds of others. Unfortunately I do have a few friends and family members that are Obama worshippers and no matter what evidence they find that says he hasn't been a very a good president they will vote for him regardless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2011, 12:10 AM

521 posts, read 1,152,506 times
Angry Wow! you make a lot of good and valid points here NH! :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
Yes, Bush certainly did, and never claimed he wouldn't. However, Bush didn't create the Recession that will eventually culminate in total collapse of our economy; it was the inevitable result "Fair" Trade, globalization, consolidation of all wealth through Big Business, nationwide speculation and "bubble making" by the corporate ultra-rich, and the resulting destruction of the American Middle Class (whose spending constituted 70% of the World economy).

Obama rode to the highest office in the nation on the votes of minorities (and others who didn't know you can't trust a politician's promises), and then returned the favor by throwing them all into a cooking pot and serving their flesh to the corporate power-brokers who have worked tirelessly since the 1970s to destroy America. I find his hypocrisy and lack of honesty particularly galling, when he presents himself as the "Savior of the Downtrodden" and then stops on the little people worse than their traditional oppressors.

Our government, headed by the President, is nothing more than the enforcement arm of Big Business today. For some reason, Big Business greed reached historic proportions after the Middle Class rose to prosperity prior to the 1970s. Instead of letting this "Golden Goose" continue to lay the golden eggs that gave prosperity to most of America, and having incredible wealth parasitizing off of that, the ultra-rich suddenly developed the mind-set that incredible wealth wasn't enough.

They had to have ALL the wealth. There could be no Middle Class, because the world must be divided into a tiny number with infinite money, and everyone else having barely enough to survive. I'd love to see psychologists and sociologists analyze how this group suddenly developed infinite greed, coupled with the lack of intellect not to realize the inevitable results of acting on that greed.

Whatever the reason, all the people in power started acting to dismantle the Middle Class after the 1970's peak. CEOs started to be paid as emperors, while the employees of the company worked harder and more hours, with all the gains going to a CEO who had no skills other than complete Narcissism, total arrogance, and hate/resentment of the workers who gave them wealth.

As a nation, Big Business decided that Globalization and Free Trade was the quickest way to dismantle both the working class and the small and -mid-sized businesses, and both Democrats and Republicans obeyed and created totally UN-Free Trade that wiped out our manufacturing base. Big Business also knew flooding the workforce with people was hugely effective in making the working class powerless, and the government obediently refused to take any steps to limit immigration. It also hugely subsidized having children, further flooding the future workforce. Technology was also used to minimize the number of workers needed, and making each worker work many more hours helped even more (with the number of part-time workers getting no benefits hiding the massive increase in work-hours for salaried slaves).

Of course, the inevitable result was the dismantling of the Middle Class, which culminated with wiping out their housing assets and retirement investments. Massive oversized government served to both continue taxing the working classes so they could never rise from slavery, and over-regulating small businesses so no worker could escape using that route. It was probably the most successful campaign to totally destroy a group of people in the history of mankind, without actually killing them all.

What the ultra-rich didn't consider--or didn't care about--was that by destroying the working and Middle Class that was the backbone of America, they also killed the Goose that laid the Golden Eggs that made them ultra-rich. While they have plenty of money and gold and assets that they will thrive no matter what, have they really considered what the future will look like? I don't think many of us have taken this intellectual exercise to it's inevitable conclusion:

No jobs for the majority of Americans, no matter how educated. Every large system must fail when the majority of the population loses everything: food supply, water purification, power generation, trash collection, health care. We'll also see collapse of all the Big Business giants: The Media, cable providers, anyone relying on the internet, electric companies, Insurance, Big Banking, Big Health, Big Pharma, etc. All those employees, also laid off and penniless after using up what liquid assets they have just to eat.

Even Big Government must fall when printing worthless dollars no longer means anything, because the dollar is worthless. This, I think, is the only bright spot of the coming collapse (since I'm one of those born after 1960, who has lost a fortune to government but will never get a penny back). However, this monster will not die easily, and I guarantee there will be tax collectors trying to confiscate your assets if you have ANYTHING left (learned this from military service; government has a plan to keep itself in power via taxation/confiscation EVEN in the event of total apocalypse).

In 10 years, we won't recognize America. It may look like the world of Mad Max. It may just look like the poorest areas of India. It may look like the worst battles of the two World Wars. There will be massive depopulation due to untreated sickness and disease. The only think we can be sure it won't be, is safe and prosperous.

Yeah, I'm starting to miss the old America. Where the middle class has lots of assets going for it, and a solid future to look forward to.
Now, I'm not sure I'm the only who's been thinking this way, but I've been worried a lot about my future lately, as far as the economy and finances go.
We're college educated, but cannot get good paying jobs anymore. Nope.. much of the great paying manufacturing jobs have all been shipped abroad... Your govt now wants to subsidize every welfare family out there, to the tune of the taxpayers going broke and losing their homes.. but no one is bailing them out. Guess when the middle class home owners start to have living in their cars, they'll be able to go on welfare & food stamps too.
But who's going to pay the taxes then? You got super wealthy who know all the loopholes of the tax system and cont. to pay as little as they can.. you got welfare families who don't pay taxes at all.. and if you wipe out the middle class, like you're doing now.. there's NOT going to be very many people who can pay their taxes anymore.
I made so little last year, I didn't even owe any taxes! But it sure wasn't a good year for me.... bills still come in, even if you're poor...
I've very worried for myself and my family but also our country in general. I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel any time soon sadly enough..
Now WHERE are all those jobs that we were supposed to get from the Stimulus Bill Obama passed???

Old 07-12-2011, 12:16 AM

521 posts, read 1,152,506 times
Default You may not be able to "convince" them sunkisses, but you ought to try anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkisses87 View Post
I can't convince other people who to vote for. Obviously I have talked to a few friends and family members that are less educated about politics and just vote democrat, but I cannot sway the minds of others. Unfortunately I do have a few friends and family members that are Obama worshippers and no matter what evidence they find that says he hasn't been a very a good president they will vote for him regardless.
You'd be surprised how well you can influence people, if you just make a whole hearted attempt sunkisses. Just try....it doesn't hurt to try..
I don't want to see our country go down the tubes.. Our economy is doing so bad... it's frightening! Yeah, the rich keep getting richer, but the poor are growing by leaps & bounds....
Our country cannot afford to have massive numbers of people go on welfare! It's just not going to work out..
I don't want to go back to days when we were all serfs back in the Middle Ages..... I'm starting to think we're heading that way....

Our government needs to have a thorough housecleaning. Too many corrupt & greedy politicians now rule our nation.. It's not right.
They're there to serve us, not vice versa.

Old 10-11-2012, 11:30 AM

7,006 posts, read 7,001,110 times
Obama doing the work even the Klan couldn't do. Bet they're happy for voting for "hope and change!"

Black Middle Class Vanishing Under Obama
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies