Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2011, 07:18 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Obama says he cannot guarantee Social Security checks will go out on August 3 - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

"I cannot guarantee that those checks go out on August 3rd if we haven't resolved this issue. Because there may simply not be the money in the coffers to do it," Mr. Obama said in an interview with CBS Evening News anchor Scott Pelley, according to excerpts released by CBS News."

Here's the quote and video to support it. You all need to be ashamed of yourselves desperately pushing this lie. It's a damn shame.
Quoting a liar, and using their words as truth just means you are buying the lies. Just because he says the checks won't go out doesn't mean there isn't money to pay SS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2011, 07:29 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,730,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Quoting a liar, and using their words as truth just means you are buying the lies. Just because he says the checks won't go out doesn't mean there isn't money to pay SS.

True. The Treasury Secretary Geitner is responsible for choosing who gets paid and who doeesn't. The clown works for Obama so whoever does not get paid should take it out on Barry.

Every senior that does not get paid should question every penny the White House spends on their parties, dinners, salaries,junkets, etc.

How many seniors could get their money for the cost of one hour of flight time of Air Force One???

IF SOCIAL SECURITY PAYMENTS CEASE TO BE MADE, CAN I QUIT MAKING MY CONTRIBUTIONS????

Old 07-13-2011, 07:36 AM

1,019 posts, read 590,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
hahaha...look at all the right wingers suddenly freaking out about Social Security.

"DON'T raise the debt ceiling!!!! NO MORE DEBT!!! CUT EVERYTHING!!!"

"...oh wait, he's not gonna send the Social Security checks? How DARE he?!"

Do you actually think you are making an intelligent point?
(Clue: You're NOT)

Are you aware of the difference between a legitimate political step of reducing entitlements, and an infantile tantrum on the part of an ever-rnore-irrelevant limp-richard poser, steaming pill of toro kaka President?
(Clue: Evidently NOT)

Old 07-13-2011, 07:46 AM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
True. The Treasury Secretary Geitner is responsible for choosing who gets paid and who doeesn't. The clown works for Obama so whoever does not get paid should take it out on Barry.
And there is plenty of tax revenue coming in each month to pay our debt, and SS, Medicare etc...

0bama: "I cannot guarantee that those checks go out on August 3rd if we haven't resolved this issue. Because there may simply not be the money in the coffers to do it," Obama told CBS News anchor Scott Pelley in an interview.

However, according to the Daily Treasury Statements published by the U.S. Treasury Department, the ongoing flow of federal tax revenue since the Treasury declared that it had hit the debt limit on May 16 has been more than sufficient to cover the combined costs of federal spending on interest payments, Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, the Veterans Affairs department and federal workers wages and insurance benefits (including wages and insurance benefits for military personnel).

Official Treasury Reports: Coffers Full Enough to Cover Entitlement Programs, Veterans, Federal Salaries, Interest

Old 07-13-2011, 08:26 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaTrang View Post
Do you actually think you are making an intelligent point?
(Clue: You're NOT)
Inasmuch as I'm imitating what people like you have been saying on here... Clue: NO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaTrang View Post
Are you aware of the difference between a legitimate political step of reducing entitlements, and an infantile tantrum on the part of an ever-rnore-irrelevant limp-richard poser, steaming pill of toro kaka President?
(Clue: Evidently NOT)
A legitimate political step would be to compromise and produce a substantive deficit reduction plan now before the debt ceiling deadline - but we can't have that, because the GOP isn't capable of compromising on anything that includes even a slight tax impact for the top 1%.

Last edited by ambient; 07-13-2011 at 09:07 AM..

Old 07-13-2011, 09:03 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Let him stop all payments to both tax payers and non payers.
But be sure to keep on funding all those wars and keep sending that foreign aid to all those other countries.
Let the taxpayer suffer as well as other Americans.

It's just right in his book...everyone else in the world deserves our money but us.

Old 07-13-2011, 09:25 AM

1,019 posts, read 590,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Inasmuch as I'm imitating what people like you have been saying on here... Clue: NO.

A legitimate political step would be to compromise and produce a substantive deficit reduction plan now before the debt ceiling deadline - but we can't have that, because the GOP isn't capable of compromising on anything that includes even a slight tax impact for the top 1%.
Now that the propoganda is out of the way, here's some truth.

Your first sentence was just a pulse of static. Just some words collected together in a desperate search for some meaning to convey, but failing miserably at it. I have no idea what you intended to say, but it was a "fail" by any standard.

Secondly, the GOP is famous for caving in and compromising - or worse. That is where the term RINO comes into play. Your assetion that they are not capable of compromise is just what I said it was - "propoganda". No truth, no fact, no relevance - just PROPOGANDA.

Now as far as tax increases on the economy.

Initially, it must be noted that the top 1% of earners (note the term "earners") earn, according to the IRS, approx 20% of all income earned, but pay approx 40% of all income tax paid - so they are paying twice their fair share.

If you went to a Mickey Dee's with some friends, and ordered 20% of the food (in $$$ terms), but were forced to pay 40% of the tab, would you feel that you weren't paying your fair share, or were being screwed?

Second, taking money out of the economy (that is what a tax does), hurts the economy - period. It doesn't matter where you insert the needle, sucking blood out of a sick economy hurts it, so even if they were going to tax the middle class, I would oppose it.

However, if anybody needs and deserves to be taxed, it is the 45% of tax filers who, again, according to the IRS, pay nothing or less in Income Tax.

Class dismissed.

Old 07-13-2011, 09:32 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,532,697 times
So I hope they dont get sent out. This country needs to wake up to what it did back in November.

Old 07-13-2011, 09:32 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,285,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
So I hope they dont get sent out. This country needs to wake up to what it did back in November.
No one will associate the two. Americans are pretty dumb. The president takes all credit and all blame for everything, since most sheeple see him as supreme ruler.

Old 07-13-2011, 09:34 AM

2,794 posts, read 4,156,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Then the first thing we need to do is stop sending money we don't have to other countries..NOT cut our own citizen's payments.

What a warped, misguided sense of priorities.

Stop the bombing in Libya, Yemen and Somalia for one thing as those are not even funded yet Congress passed over $600 billion in defense spending just this week. That $600+billion would go a long way here in the US.
Agreed. I keep seeing big convoys of govt. trucks hauling all kinds of brand new tanks, army trucks & equipment north on I-35...also seeing a lot of he same on freight trains... apparently there is always money for WAR, but not for our vets,elderly & disabled. When & how did this country get SO screwed up???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies