Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 05:17 PM

1,123 posts, read 776,695 times

Advertisements

6 in 10 Palestinians reject 2-sta... JPost - Diplomacy & Politics

6 in 10 Palestinians reject 2-state solution, survey finds

" 73% of 1,010 Palestinians in W. Bank, Gaza agree with 'hadith' quoted in Hamas Charter about the need to kill Jews hiding behind stones, trees."

Only one in three Palestinians (34 percent) accepts two states for two peoples as the solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, according to an intensive, face-to-face survey in Arabic of 1,010 Palestinian adults in the West Bank and the Gaza Strip completed this week by American pollster Stanley Greenberg.

The poll, which has a margin of error of 3.1 percentage points, was conducted in partnership with the Beit Sahour-based Palestinian Center for Public Opinion and sponsored by the Israel Project, an international nonprofit organization that provides journalists and leaders with information about the Middle East.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

So how is Israel, or any other rational human, supposed to make peace with those whose beliefs are akin to animals?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2011, 05:23 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,863,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterpetron View Post
So how is Israel, or any other rational human, supposed to make peace with those whose beliefs are akin to animals?
I don't know, but they better cause if they don't they're islamophobic.

Old 07-19-2011, 10:19 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,763,518 times
Quote:
I don't know, but they better cause if they don't they're islamophobic.
Israelis know the reality of Arabism and they know the reality of Islamists. Except for 9/11 Americans, who have no military experience, still as of today still have no clue to the realty of both. Americans live under a conception and not under the reality of groups of people that want them dead on a daily basis.

Old 07-19-2011, 10:34 AM

461 posts, read 556,404 times
Good. If a bunch of Zionists came in and took over my house and kicked my family out of their rooms, I wouldn't fight back for just the bathroom and the kitchen. I want my whole damn house back and for my family to be able to return to it. I shouldn't have to compromise.

Old 07-19-2011, 12:39 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,864,594 times
A lot of them are thinking with anger... is that any surprise? Making judgments clouded anger isn't the smartest position... that's why we need level-headed ppl in these negotiations instead of populist stupidity...

Old 07-19-2011, 01:24 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,873,199 times
I'd love to see every single naive nitwit who supports the Palestinians actually live in an Islamic society. Especially if you're female. Cut out your clitoris, acccept courts that deem your testimony one half that of a man's, give up your driver's license, dress up like a ghost on a hot day because a man might see your face and thus have cause to rape you. In other words face Islamic reality as a second class citizen merely because of your gender.

The Palestinians are nationalists fighting for an Islamic state. Why is that cause suppose to be admirable to anyone but a fellow Muslim?

Old 07-19-2011, 05:37 PM

355 posts, read 209,659 times
It is always amusing to watch Israeli supporters complain about Hamas. Hamas was a creation of Israel/Mossad.

Old 07-19-2011, 06:32 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,763,518 times
Quote:
Hamas was a creation of Israel/Mossad.
If you're going to make a blanket statement, at least get it right. Before they were Hamas, they were Islamists who were thought to be a better leadership for the people than the PLO. They represented themselves as non-violent in the beginning. Israel did'nt impede their growth since they were the least of two evils. No one knew the full extension of Arafats corruption until he died.

So in the beginning:

Quote:
The Islamists set up orphanages and health clinics, as well as a network of schools, workshops which created employment for women as well as system of financial aid to the poor.
Hamas is a Creation of Mossad
How Israel Helped to Spawn Hamas - WSJ.com
Myth and Fact: The Creation of Hamas

Old 07-19-2011, 07:04 PM

355 posts, read 209,659 times
From your link.

Quote:
The Hamas then launched a carefully timed campaign of attacks against civilians, one day before the meeting between Palestinian and Israeli negotiators, regarding the formal recognition of Israel by the National Palestinian Council. These events were largely instrumental in the formation of a Right wing Israeli government following the May 1996 elections.
Quote:

Quite unexpectedly, Prime Minister Netanyahu ordered Sheik Ahmed Yassin to be released from prison ("on humanitarian grounds") where he was serving a life sentence....

The Hamas had built its strength through its various acts of sabotage of the peace process, in a way which was compatible with the interests of the Israeli government. In turn, the latter sought in a number of ways, to prevent the application of the Oslo accords. In other words, Hamas was fulfilling the functions for which it was originally created: to prevent the creation of a Palestinian State. And in this regard, Hamas and Ariel Sharon, see eye to eye; they are exactly on the same wave length.

Old 07-19-2011, 07:07 PM

1,123 posts, read 776,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtual Insanity View Post
Good. If a bunch of Zionists came in and took over my house and kicked my family out of their rooms, I wouldn't fight back for just the bathroom and the kitchen. I want my whole damn house back and for my family to be able to return to it. I shouldn't have to compromise.
Don't know fairy tale this rubbish applies to, but it is as much about the history of Israel as the 3 little pigs...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies