Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 09:29 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
You've been beating this like a dead horse. Don't be dense, I know how it works.
It is very obvious that you have utterly no clue how it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I know the congress initiates the budget [Congress consists of the House and Senate, and it is the House, not Congress, that originates all budgets], i never said otherwise. In my very first post i said the senate had not passed a budget in 800 days, and you have immediately jumped on that to try and school me on that ever since. The congress [the House, not "Congress"] sends a budget to the senate, and they have, then the senate can either pass it or send a senate version of the bill back to congress [the House, not "Congress"]. The senate has not done this for over 800 days [the House has not originated a budget for four years (1,461 days). Since the budget originates in the House it is pretty damn difficult for the Senate to pass something the House never even started. ].

So, what is the senate doing right now? Why is the left, the president, and his sycophants in the media, all breathlessly excited over the "gang of six" proposing a plan in the senate? [It is a distraction from the House bill, nothing more. It will never be written, much less passed. Nor does it have anything to do with the 12 appropriation bills that constitute the federal budget and originate in the House.] I guess things are more different in Washington then we even knew. Apparently the senate can write the budget now, and the president can sign it, we don't even need the congress [the Senate is part of Congress, just like the House. I cannot believe anyone could be this clueless.] any more.

If you want to lecture someone on how things work over in the house and senate, start by emailing Harry Reid and president 0bama. [No need, we have people in Congress that already know how things work, which is more than be said about you.]

There is only one budget bill [there are 12 appropriate bills that constitute the federal budget], that can be signed into law by August 3rd, and it's sitting in the senate [the bill to increase the debt ceiling passed by the House has absolutely nothing to do with the federal budget]. This rough outline of an idea, floated by the gang of six has no prayer of being written, scored, or passed by anyone for months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2011, 09:51 AM

7,502 posts, read 5,752,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
First of all, it is the House that originates all budgets. Not the Senate.

Second, when the Democrats took control of the House in January 2007 they did not once pass a budget. For four years, not a mere "800 days", the federal government was funded entirely by Continuing Resolutions, Omnibus, and Supplemental bills. That is 1,461 days for those who are counting.

Source:
http://thomas.loc.gov/home/approp/app08.html
http://thomas.loc.gov/home/approp/app09.html
http://thomas.loc.gov/home/approp/app10.html
Status of Appropriations Legislation for Fiscal Year 2011 - THOMAS (Library of Congress)

Currently the GOP controlled House has 5 of the 12 budget bills passed. They have until September 30, 2011 (the end of FY2011) to pass the remaining 7 budget bills. The Senate has not yet passed any of the 5 House budget bills.
The scariest part of this is that for a period in time the house and the senate were democratically controlled and they still didn't pass a budget.

Old 07-22-2011, 10:28 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,447,035 times
Mrs. Johnson, a longtime resident of Chicago's Altgeld Gardens public housing development, was spurred into environmental activism after her husband, John, died of lung cancer in 1969.

In 1989, after Obama left for Harvard Law School, housing officials started asbestos removal. During his presidential campaign in 2007, several activists criticized Obama for omitting Mrs. Johnson from the Altgeld chapter of his memoir, "Dreams From My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance.

Hazel M. Johnson, 1935-2011 - Chicago Tribune

OBAMAS fictitious fairytale of a story about his time at Atlgeld

Fellow activists say Obama's memoir has too many I's
What followed, Obama says in a memoir, was a life-altering experience, an early taste of his ability to motivate the powerless and work the levers of government. As the 24-year-old mentor to public housing residents, Obama says he initiated and led efforts that thrust Altgeld's asbestos problem into the headlines, pushing city officials to call hearings and a reluctant housing authority to start a cleanup.

But others tell the story much differently.

Fellow activists say Obama's memoir has too many I's - latimes.com

Old 07-22-2011, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
The scariest part of this is that for a period in time the house and the senate were democratically controlled and they still didn't pass a budget.
That is exactly right. Not once did the Democrat controlled House ever pass a budget in the four years that they were in control. Not just the "800 days" the OP states, but rather the full 1,461 days. That includes the last two years Bush 43 was President when deficit spending really began to skyrocket.

Old 07-22-2011, 11:09 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,882 times
Default A Brief History of President Obama

Read his book. It isn't as brief, but it's a lot more complete. And not a hyperbiased screed.

Old 07-22-2011, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Mrs. Johnson, a longtime resident of Chicago's Altgeld Gardens public housing development, was spurred into environmental activism after her husband, John, died of lung cancer in 1969.

In 1989, after Obama left for Harvard Law School, housing officials started asbestos removal. During his presidential campaign in 2007, several activists criticized Obama for omitting Mrs. Johnson from the Altgeld chapter of his memoir, "Dreams From My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance.

Hazel M. Johnson, 1935-2011 - Chicago Tribune

OBAMAS fictitious fairytale of a story about his time at Atlgeld

Fellow activists say Obama's memoir has too many I's
What followed, Obama says in a memoir, was a life-altering experience, an early taste of his ability to motivate the powerless and work the levers of government. As the 24-year-old mentor to public housing residents, Obama says he initiated and led efforts that thrust Altgeld's asbestos problem into the headlines, pushing city officials to call hearings and a reluctant housing authority to start a cleanup.

But others tell the story much differently.

Fellow activists say Obama's memoir has too many I's - latimes.com
Anyone who feels compelled to write their memoir while in their forties is obviously a narcissist.

Old 07-22-2011, 11:16 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
And to top it off, he truly thinks that the American populace are not tuned into this malfeasance.

Dereliction of duty will be confronted head-on in November 2012. I have zero doubt.

Yes but have his Sheeple, Graduated?

Old 07-22-2011, 11:19 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomba View Post
You just hate 0bama cause he's black! Well, half white/half black. But yeah, you're still a bunch of racist, hatin' GOP homophobes!!

Even though you're right.

Oh Please come up with something at least original. The race issue is quite boring, and so predictible? When will people learn, it is not the Man's color, everything else, not his color.

Old 07-29-2011, 06:25 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Oh Please come up with something at least original. The race issue is quite boring, and so predictible? When will people learn, it is not the Man's color, everything else, not his color.
I think your sarcasm detector is broken. Miss the ?

Old 07-29-2011, 07:54 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,994,162 times
The good ole US of A is about to fall like a house of cards & I hope Obama has come to grips with himself that he is going to have to accept the blame under his presidency & administration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies