Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 06:00 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,998,245 times

Advertisements

Run Hillary Run

Obama's under the gun

I use to eat beef and lamb

Now all I can afford is a can of SPAM

So Run Hillary Run

I live on the streets financially undone

So Run Hillary Run
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2011, 06:14 AM

341 posts, read 641,529 times
Siemens US chief calls for infrastructure fix - companies - FT.com

Take from the poor and give to the rich.

Old 07-25-2011, 07:26 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
Run Hillary Run

Obama's under the gun

I use to eat beef and lamb

Now all I can afford is a can of SPAM

So Run Hillary Run

I live on the streets financially undone

So Run Hillary Run
Let me understand your rant. The cost of beef and lamb are higher and, of course, you blame Obama.

Perhaps if you removed your Obama-hate blinders for a moment, you might come to your senses long enough to realize that the higher cost of beef is due to record low cattle herds -- which are caused by the Southern Drought:
Quote:
Southern Drought

Conditions for cattle have deteriorated amid the most- severe drought in Texas in a least a century and adverse weather in the South.

More than 62 percent of the land area in a six-state region is experiencing “extreme” drought, according to the U.S. Drought Monitor. Pasture and range conditions were rated “poor” or “very poor” in 86 percent of Texas, the biggest cattle-producing state, in the week ended July 12.

The drought is a “game-changer” for inventories, Jim Robb, the director of the Livestock Marketing Information Center, a Denver-based research organization funded by universities, the industry and government, said yesterday in a telephone interview.

Now, I don't want to get into a climate change debate but if climate change is indeed responsible for this, get used to eating chicken.

Old 07-25-2011, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Let me understand your rant. The cost of beef and lamb are higher and, of course, you blame Obama.

Perhaps if you removed your Obama-hate blinders for a moment, you might come to your senses long enough to realize that the higher cost of beef is due to record low cattle herds -- which are caused by the Southern Drought:

Now, I don't want to get into a climate change debate but if climate change is indeed responsible for this, get used to eating chicken.
Dog food prices are not a result of the drought

Prices for everything has been rising since he took office you take off the blinders.

What's wrong you lefties love to stir the caldren by saying the Tea Party this TP that they are going to split the Repubs....lollollol....I 'am stirring the caldron too ...having fun with this...but no I'am not allowed to express my view or opinion without you HATE SPEWERS who come out of the SEWERS. Your eating CROW now...

Old 07-25-2011, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Dog food prices are not a result of the drought

Prices for everything has been rising since he took office you take off the blinders.

What's wrong you lefties love to stir the caldren by saying the Tea Party this TP that they are going to split the Repubs....lollollol....I 'am stirring the caldron too ...having fun with this...but no I'am not allowed to express my view or opinion without you HATE SPEWERS who come out of the SEWERS. Your eating CROW now...
Prices of everything rise regardless of who is in office. Did you just discover that there was something called "inflation" on January 20, 2009? Obama is not responsible mild price increases. If you notice the below chart, prices are not rising beyond historical rates. CORE inflation is 1.3%:

Old 07-25-2011, 11:14 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
The debt is not a serious issue now in-spite of what they're telling you. What is important is getting the jobless working and that doesn't happen when cutting spending.

Besides, the GOP and conservatives believed in deficit spending to aid the economy when Bush was in the WH. This is from the conservative mouthpiece, the Weekly Standard:
Obviously you don't understand the difference between affordable debt and unaffordable debt.

And in fact the deficit was going down from 2004 to 2007. Guess when the dems took control of Congress. 2007!

Old 07-25-2011, 11:15 AM

You and your graphs...guess Obama will blame the bad weather,droughts and Earth upheavals on BUSH too....

Old 07-25-2011, 12:07 PM

Quote:
You and your graphs...guess Obama will blame the bad weather,droughts and Earth upheavals on BUSH too....
Graphs... data... facts. Can't let those get in the way of good opinion, can we.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Obviously you don't understand the difference between affordable debt and unaffordable debt.
I understand quite well the difference between affordable debt and unaffordable debt. As you can see and regardless of what Fox tells you, the U.S. is not anything close to unsustainable debt levels. Japan has the highest in the world and their bonds are AAA rated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
And in fact the deficit was going down from 2004 to 2007. Guess when the dems took control of Congress. 2007!
Obviously, you haven't learned about those squiggly things called numbers. The deficit numbers were among the worst in history between 2004-2006, and dropped the year the Democrats took the House and Senate.

Besides, if your thesis is that the Democrats winning the House and Senate in 2006 caused a change, I have to ask what that change was? If you notice, the 2007 deficit was the smallest during the period mentioned. Are the Dems responsible for that or just responsible for the bad things?

Old 07-25-2011, 04:13 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
The previous claim was that the GOP agreed to raise taxes by $800 billion. The linked article said:I didn't read anything there about $800 billion.

I read "lower corporate income taxes and lower personal income taxes (the detail was top rates would DROP from 35% to 29%.) That's lowering, not raising taxes. The eliminated deductions were items like home mortgage deductions -- you know, the ones middle class people use and the "overhaul of the tax code" calls for higher taxes on the lowest incomes.

So, the GOP 'concession' is what the GOP always floats, lower taxes for the rich and more taxes for everyone else -- that's no concession.

We've seen that movie before and it has a bad ending.
i never said anything about new taxes. the new revenues would come from an overhaul of the tax code, making it simpler, and reducing or eliminating loopholes and deductions. and the mortgage deduction was just ONE of the deductions that would come under scrutiny. there are many others that would also be eliminated. and as i understand it, the mortgage deduction would still be allowed on homes costing less than $500,000.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies