Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 10:53 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,309,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
If they are a racist group, who are they racist against?

I doubt I'll get an answer.
Pretty much anyone who isn't Mestizo or non-Black Hispanic. Of course, all of the organization's actions aren't ill-intentioned. However, I've been aware of their activities for at least two years now and they do come off as only for those who are Mestizo or non-Black Hispanic.

It's a power struggle. Those guys want power. Power in politics and society. Anyone that is not of "La Raza" is in the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2011, 10:56 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,303,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Pretty much anyone who isn't Mestizo or non-Black Hispanic. Of course, all of the organization's actions aren't ill-intentioned. However, I've been aware of their activities for at least two years now and they do come off as only for those who are Mestizo or non-Black Hispanic.

It's a power struggle. Those guys want power. Power in politics and society. Anyone that is not of "La Raza" is in the way.
Are they racist against White Hispanics? Say like a German Argentinian?

Old 07-25-2011, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Are they racist against White Hispanics? Say like a German Argentinian?
That's the thing, Hispanic can mean a lot of different things, but La Raza isn't really marketing to the whole Hispanic community. What I see is a catering to Mexican Americans.

So, yes, to follow up on your question. I think they would be "racist" or prejudice towrds the German-Argentinian. (Of course, we aren't talking about some AUTOMATIC, OUTWARD racism. When people talk about La Raza and racism, I don't think they mean that. I think it is the motives.) I say that because here in the U.S. (which is the base of La Raza, "NATIONAL Council of La Raza") a German-Argentinian would be seen as non-Hispanic because of our culture here. It shouldn't be that way, based on the so-called definition of "Hispanic," but that's how it is here.

I know some German Argentinians who travel and do business here. They would NOT be labeled as Hispanics here in my area. I'm not saying that they aren't, but I don't think La Raza is an organization for them even though technically they are Hispanic.

Old 07-25-2011, 11:07 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,464,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The majority of Americans do not want amenesty and want stronger border control and what does he do..KISS UP TO THEM with excuses about Congress and the Constitution being in his way.

What audacity..

Your so right, i cannot stand him kissing a--? gets my goat, and to this group, oh please. Why would anyone want this man to continue on, he does not share most of our sentiments.

Old 07-25-2011, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
The impostor-dictator wannabe is hispandering again. Quite disgusting.

Remember this, this is his agenda? don't forget it, we do have the power to change this, those of us who have a brain?

Old 07-25-2011, 11:08 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,151,932 times
Nauseating. The people in that audience would rather change our system of governance than simply obey the law.

Hispanic people on the forum: Do you support this stance?

Old 07-25-2011, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Yup. Sad, isn't it?

It is only sad if those idiots fall for his crap.

Old 07-25-2011, 11:10 PM

831 posts, read 681,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Exactly. La Raza (The Race) only cares about and only looks out for one thing and that's the race of people they protect and promote.

Are'nt we all guilty of that in some form or another?

Take for example Jews, dont they have a tendency for looking after their own, First? look at how powerful they have become within the government establishments, their lobbying leverage, the amount of aide they recieve anually from the backs of regular middle class Americans, their grip on hollywood. These guys have a MUCH, MUCH bigger slice of the pie, and yet not heard anything about any problems they contribute? Is it because they too big fish to do anything about and so lets pick on the small not so well to do bunch of people? aka la raza?

Thats my Libertarian stand point of view, before you start bombarding me with liberals slurs.

Old 07-25-2011, 11:13 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,303,578 times
Quote:
That's the thing, Hispanic can mean a lot of different things, but La Raza isn't really marketing to the whole Hispanic community. What I see is a catering to Mexican Americans.
Mexican American isn't a race. There are White Mexicans, Arab Mexicans, Black Mexicans, and even Asian Mexicans. Even if it was, catering to a group doesn't make one racist. BET caters to Blacks, as does Ebony magazine, does that make them racist?

Quote:
So, yes, to follow up on your question. I think they would be "racist" or prejudice towrds the German-Argentinian.
So La Raza would be racist against Hispanics from Argentina. Ok

Quote:
I know some German Argentinians who travel and do business here. They would NOT be labeled as Hispanics here in my area. I'm not saying that they aren't, but I don't think La Raza is an organization for them even though technically they are Hispanic.
Well they are Hispanic. So La Raza, which you claim is only for Hispanics would not be for some Hispanics.

Old 07-25-2011, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Mexican American isn't a race. There are White Mexicans, Arab Mexicans, Black Mexicans, and even Asian Mexicans. Even if it was, catering to a group doesn't make one racist. BET caters to Blacks, as does Ebony magazine, does that make them racist?

So La Raza would be racist against Hispanics from Argentina. Ok

Well they are Hispanic. So La Raza, which you claim is only for Hispanics would not be for some Hispanics.

I knew you were going to do this. You basically set me up to try to preach to me about "RACE" semantics. You know what you are doing and it isn't fair on a message board. It is really hard to type out all of the details and to make sure that someone understands what you are saying.

You really didn't even provide a necessary response. You asked me a question, I gave you an answer and then you posted my answer followed by, "OK." What is the point?

I KNOW the climate of the word "Hispanic" and I know how it is so misunderstood in the United States. I did my best to answer your question. I also know about Mexico and it's ethnic makeup. I don't need you to inform me of that. I had already said that I do feel that La Raza is not for Black Hispanics, so why would you inform me that Mexican Americans can be Black? I already stated that I think La Raza couldn't care LESS about Black Hispanics. I even mentioned that La Raza appears to be for Mestizos and non-Black Hispanics (spare me the semantics lesson about how Anglos can be considered Hispanic). You don't need to educate me on race or the usage of Hispanic. I particularly mentioned that Hispanic as a term is often misused.

BET featured shows that could be considered racists, yes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies