Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 02:14 PM

43 posts, read 21,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Gang of Six promised to actually raise revenues through pro-growth tax reform. Obama choked on that point, and he went along with the fringe kooks. Only they would spend so much energy at this late date talking about "corporate jet owners." Gang of Six wasn't about corporate jet owners, it was about taking the garbage out of the tax code, widening the tax base, and lowering rates. Centrists know that is how you actually raise revenue. Fringe kooks believe you can pound what you need out of "corporate jet owners."
The opinion polls quite clearly state that people are in favor of an increase in the income tax rate for the top 2%. That's an unequivocal truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2011, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
The recipient class outvotes the donor class, so that it is political suicide for the legislature to correct the problems.
In other words, the giant corporations and the rich outvote the working class?

I agree. Their vote is much bigger, if not much more prevalent. Their vote comes with a check.

Old 07-26-2011, 02:37 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,407,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORPagan View Post
The opinion polls quite clearly state that people are in favor of an increase in the income tax rate for the top 2%. That's an unequivocal truth.
"I have a great idea! Let's YOU pay the tab!"

What a surprise.

Old 07-26-2011, 02:50 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
Most likely good for you, won't do any good. I sent emails almost on a daily basic, probably driving those receivng them crazy, which is what i would like to do.

I get the same boring emails back from the clowns, BOXER, FEINSTEIN, BROWN, stating that they disagree with my stance, and the Obama Administration is doing such a bang up outstanding job. GAG ME? Every freaking last one of these bozos need to go, but the idiots in my lovely State, deceided to vote the clowns back into offce, hope your all happy. Because with the way they think, the State does not belong to us anymore. Wake up Californians, do you have a brain, or a backbone.

Old 07-26-2011, 02:53 PM

7,811 posts, read 6,389,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Mr. President:

When, oh when, will you take the Republican's at their word and understand they have no interest in helping you govern this nation or compromising for the common good? How many times do they have to say their goal is to destroy your presidency and keep you from being re-elected before you believe them?

Good Lord, man! Grow a pair! Stand up to those thugs and call their hand. MAKE them shut down the government if that's what it takes! Right now, this nation DEMANDS leadership and you're just not offering it.

Don't wimp out on us again. We didn't elect you to kiss the GOP's hind-end, but to LEAD!

Whadda ya think? Will it do any good?

Naw, it won't.
Isn't the phrase 'Grow a pair' considered sexist by you hypersensitive liberal types?

Old 07-26-2011, 02:58 PM

59,017 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORPagan View Post
Does it surprise ANYONE that people are in favor of raising taxes on others but, not themselves?

If you rob Peter to pay Paul and David, Paul and David will vote for you every time.

Old 07-26-2011, 03:02 PM

Quote:
"I have a great idea! Let's YOU pay the tab!"

What a surprise.
Why not? They picked up the windfall while those at the table (who can't afford the tab) watched their wages fall stagnant.

Hey, if the rich want class warfare to become more than just words, then they should keep manipulating the Tea Party loons into thinking that lower taxes for the rich means more table scraps for the poor.

Old 07-26-2011, 03:41 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,407,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Does it surprise ANYONE that people are in favor of raising taxes on others but, not themselves?

If you rob Peter to pay Paul and David, Paul and David will vote for you every time.
And if you continually rob Peter to pay Paul and David, you will definitely end up with a sore Peter.

Old 07-26-2011, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post

if I hear another bumper sticker, I'm going to puke.

Old 07-26-2011, 04:15 PM

Quote:
And if you continually rob Peter to pay Paul and David, you will definitely end up with a sore Peter.
Peter in this scenario has been the middle class. For about 30 years. Corporate influence has been monkeying with the political process at the expense of the working American for DECADES.

People just don't get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies