Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 08:28 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,214,487 times

Advertisements

The 4 minute solution.

‪SR 20 - The Debt Ceiling Debate‬‏ - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2011, 08:56 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,459,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
Good Clip!

Bill Still did a really good documentary called "The Secret of Oz" which is available free on YouTube if anyone wants to watch it. It is an in depth look at how the banksters took control of socieities and how the people took back control from the banksters at various times in history and how they were able to do it.

Old 07-27-2011, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Good Clip!

Bill Still did a really good documentary called "The Secret of Oz" which is available free on YouTube if anyone wants to watch it. It is an in depth look at how the banksters took control of socieities and how the people took back control from the banksters at various times in history and how they were able to do it.
He does great work. I try the short clips, even 4 mins are long for some people.

‪The Secret of Oz - Winner, Best Docu of 2010 v.1.09.11‬‏ - YouTube

Old 07-27-2011, 09:00 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,984,679 times
...great idea...just don't show this video to the tractor trailer lobby....!!

Old 07-27-2011, 11:11 PM

2,023 posts, read 5,313,628 times
He is very much on point here as well.

‪SR 19 - U.S. Debt Limit‬‏ - YouTube

Old 07-28-2011, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73-79 ford fan View Post
He is very much on point here as well.

‪SR 19 - U.S. Debt Limit‬‏ - YouTube
That is a good one. If I can get people to watch four minutes, I move them up to 9.

If you will notice the number of replies, 4 minutes is asking a lot!

Old 07-28-2011, 09:44 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Quarters? Really?

Regardless of the obvious logistics issues, it appears that the word "inflation" never entered this guy's vocabulary.

I wasn't even going to watch the video, based on who posted it and who was saying it was a good clip in the replies, but when someone mentioned the tractor/trailer industry, it piqued my interest. I gotta admit, it was definitely worth the four minutes - I love good comedy!

Old 07-28-2011, 09:48 AM

4,919 posts, read 4,835,592 times
Default Breaking: Debt Ceiling Deal is Done

Quote:
According to D.C. Insiders, the debt ceiling deal is all but done between Congressional leaders on both sides of the political aisle and President Barack Obama was largely ignored during the process.
A REAL Leader huh?

The Ulsterman Report: Breaking: Debt Ceiling Deal is Done | Newsflavor

Old 07-28-2011, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Quarters? Really?

Regardless of the obvious logistics issues, it appears that the word "inflation" never entered this guy's vocabulary.

I wasn't even going to watch the video, based on who posted it and who was saying it was a good clip in the replies, but when someone mentioned the tractor/trailer industry, it piqued my interest. I gotta admit, it was definitely worth the four minutes - I love good comedy!
The quarters was to illustrate a point, he is just calling for DEBT FREE currency. Bill Still has been the leader in monetary reform for over 20 years, he knows his stuff.

We are spending anyway, is it better to go into debt to spend an extra $1 trillion or just spend an extra $1 trillion without debt?

Here is his answer to the inflation question. It was posted on the Utah Sound Money act site.

"I fully support the Utah Sound Money Act. I have always supported complimentary currencies, especially those based on gold and silver coin. I think this a good backstop to runaway inflation. This Act is carefully thought out and will send a message to other states that it's time to claw back state sovereignty from not only the federal government, but the Federal Reserve System.

But an important caveat to my support is that at the federal level, it is essential to reinstitute a debt-free money system, i.e. the re-issuance of U.S. Notes (and their electronic equivalents) with gold and silver coin as a complimentary currency at a floating rate. In other words, coins would not be denominated in dollars, but by weight. The main regulator for controlling the QUANTITY of U.S. Notes issued, would be a National Monetary Authority (NMA) made up of one elected representative from each of the several States, serving a 2-year term only, limited to two terms. That way, Congress would set a target inflation rate, and the NMA would be responsible for hitting that target by using appropriate tools to control the QUANTITY of U.S. Notes issued. Of course, a mandatory feature of this system would be an end of fractional reserve lending by commercial banks, i.e. a full-reserve banking system."

Old 07-28-2011, 09:59 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,773,129 times
All of the "simple" solutions to the complex problem never add up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies