Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2011, 05:09 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,943,651 times

Advertisements

Futures are way up! We will see a 100-300 point rise in the Dow tomorrow if everything stays on track. I wish I didn't sell my options on Friday !
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2011, 05:10 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,926,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Futures are way up! We will see a 100-300 point rise in the Dow tomorrow if everything stays on track. I wish I didn't sell my options on Friday !
Sucks eh

Old 07-31-2011, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Sucks eh
I didn't want to get greedy, so I sold my options and bought normal stock. So if tomorrow soars, I'll still make a good amount, but thinking about how much MORE I could make if I kept my funds in options instead of stock makes me . It's all good though, any day that's up will put a smile on my face.

Old 07-31-2011, 05:24 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,851,014 times
I would wait and see, Europe not looking so good. Plus, Boehner is holding it up, apparently the Repubs are balking at the thought of interruption of their favorite earmarking generator, Defense.

Old 07-31-2011, 05:27 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,381,847 times
Beware fortune tellers.

Leviticus 20:6 ESV

“If a person turns to mediums and necromancers, whoring after them, I will set my face against that person and will cut him off from among his people.

Old 07-31-2011, 05:46 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,093,273 times
Quote:
Considering the DOW fell 159 on Friday, and if I recall 100+ points for Thursday, Wed, Tue, I'd say thats a safe bet. I wasnt for a second selling my positions. One would be crazy to think they wouldnt get a deal done and I called a Sunday night deal, late night, Friday morning. It'll come too late for morning papers, but everyone will know..

Old 07-31-2011, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Considering the DOW fell 159 on Friday, and if I recall 100+ points for Thursday, Wed, Tue, I'd say thats a safe bet. I wasnt for a second selling my positions. One would be crazy to think they wouldnt get a deal done and I called a Sunday night deal, late night, Friday morning. It'll come too late for morning papers, but everyone will know..

Once this thing gets passed I think we will see a big boom in the stock market. There is still so much money sitting on the sidelines. Companies have healthy foundations now and are showing consistent results. I think we will break records and go beyond 14,000. The longs will continue to make gains.

Old 07-31-2011, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I would wait and see, Europe not looking so good. Plus, Boehner is holding it up, apparently the Repubs are balking at the thought of interruption of their favorite earmarking generator, Defense.
Reid signs onto a debt ceiling deal; GOP sources say not yet - CNN.com

Seriously $%^& Republicans and the Tea Party. They are the biggest waste of life on this planet. Really...you are now objecting because some of the cuts will come from defense! You know how many military bases we have in every freaking country and Boner and the other Republicans aren't willing to make cuts. This is ridiculous, if a deal doesn't pass because of this, I will be the biggest advocate to rid Washington of Republicans. I can't believe this crap...Boner you #$%^ing idiot!

Old 07-31-2011, 06:09 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,093,273 times
Quote:
Once this thing gets passed I think we will see a big boom in the stock market. There is still so much money sitting on the sidelines. Companies have healthy foundations now and are showing consistent results. I think we will break records and go beyond 14,000. The longs will continue to make gains.
14,000 is overly optimistic because investors can only enter the stock market, by exiting some other market, usually the bond market. With the US Govt bonds being validated, people will be entering the bond market again, so there might be a temporary bump due to psychology of the investors, but people will be buying US Treasuries and have to get the money from somewhere.

Old 07-31-2011, 06:12 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,407,185 times
Quote:
Reid signs onto a debt ceiling deal; GOP sources say not yet - CNN.com

Seriously $%^& Republicans and the Tea Party. They are the biggest waste of life on this planet. Really...you are now objecting because some of the cuts will come from defense! You know how many military bases we have in every freaking country and Boner and the other Republicans aren't willing to make cuts. This is ridiculous, if a deal doesn't pass because of this, I will be the biggest advocate to rid Washington of Republicans. I can't believe this crap...Boner you #$%^ing idiot!
Did you save any of your ire for Nancy Pelosi? The "progressives" (i.e., nutball fringe of the Democratic Party) might vote against the deal:

House Democrats might not back debt deal: Pelosi | Reuters
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies