Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 11:06 AM

4,009 posts, read 5,735,077 times

Advertisements

The Tea Party has put tax loopholes above national security defense here is the video:

‪"Tea Party Who've Been Acting Like Spoiled Brats Put Tax Loopholes Above National Defense!"‬‏ - YouTube

"Tea Party", because it sounds so much better than," A Mob of
Racist Homophobes."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2011, 02:17 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times
I think it displays hubris on the part of Peters to continue to say how great our military is when, in reality, it is fast becoming a worn out force. The fact that we can build more missiles and purchase more equipment the fighting force, men and women, are worn out, physically and mentally. But that would argue against the wars without end, which is not going to happen from ex military on FOX. They are all pro war in the end.

But Peters was spot on about the Tea Party. The FOX guy jumping to the Tea Party's defense speaks volumes on the company line at FOX.

Old 08-02-2011, 02:24 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,534,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
The Tea Party has put tax loopholes above national security defense here is the video:

‪"Tea Party Who've Been Acting Like Spoiled Brats Put Tax Loopholes Above National Defense!"‬‏ - YouTube

"Tea Party", because it sounds so much better than," A Mob of
Racist Homophobes."
I told everyone they were dangerous.

Old 08-02-2011, 02:25 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,650,642 times
"They all talk about supporting our troops, but they vote for Lockheed Martin" -- great line. True.

Old 08-02-2011, 02:29 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,745,293 times
They won't cut medicare, and they won't close tax loopholes, and yet they parade around calling themselves "Fiscal conservatives."

He hit the nail on the head when he called them spoiled baby boomers.

Old 08-02-2011, 02:57 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cluck Norris View Post
Actually, it's a horrendously disingenuous line. If Democrats didn't also "vote for Lockheed Martin," then he may have a point. So what does that make the people who fall for this tripe?

Utterly stupid, that's what.
Who's driving that gravy train, Democrats or Republicans? Who got us into Iraq, Democrats or Republicans? Who won't budge on defense cuts even though it's sitting there like a Golden Goose, full of greedy contractors and other leeches who get no bid contracts to charge $30.00 a meal for T-rats or maybe $10.00 per towel for laundry service.

Of course, that's all small potatoes to the overcharging going on elsewhere.

Anyone who preaches being fiscally conservative while ignoring this profiteering is either a fool or a liar. Or both.

Old 08-02-2011, 03:03 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,650,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Who won't budge on defense cuts even though it's sitting there like a Golden Goose.
Oh no, we will. Don't worry. We're going to cut it rather deeply, and do so the way we always do in the good ol' USA. We're going to screw the workers, aka service members, so the contractors can keep their loot.

New Plan Calls for Military Retirement Changes | firstcoastnews.com

It's too bad I gambled my family's future on the military retirement system. Oh well, I'm not the first worker to lose, and I won't be the last. This won't stop until we're all working for minimum wage in our "retirement."

Old 08-02-2011, 03:10 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,864,594 times
Wow... someone defending the Military-Industrial Complex and Nation Building... wow... nobody is going to cut entitlement programs? What is he smoking?

Old 08-02-2011, 03:17 PM

4,156 posts, read 4,177,644 times
Peters need to chill the fock out and get the facts straight.

For starter, not all military spending is defense. Defense mean defending the borders. That's what defense is for thousand of years. I have not read any history that putting military in other countries is consider defense. They are call colonization.

By not getting the troop home endanger their life. I know there are some people like wars, but I know there are a lot more people like to be home with their families.

Old 08-02-2011, 03:43 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,218,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Who's driving that gravy train, Democrats or Republicans? Who got us into Iraq, Democrats or Republicans? Who won't budge on defense cuts even though it's sitting there like a Golden Goose, full of greedy contractors and other leeches who get no bid contracts to charge $30.00 a meal for T-rats or maybe $10.00 per towel for laundry service.

Of course, that's all small potatoes to the overcharging going on elsewhere.

Anyone who preaches being fiscally conservative while ignoring this profiteering is either a fool or a liar. Or both.
Democrats or Republicans... ??? Both
And who is it that would prosecute those contractors... Democrats or Republicans.??? Probably the same people who would prosecute ACORN, or voter infringement, or ATF Gun Runners... oh, that is, NOBODY.

Congress - needs - to - be - replaced - with - new - members - who - can - clean - the - crap - out - of - the - House - without - sweeping - the - dirt - under - the - carpet.

And if that includes my Senator or my Representative, regardless of how much I like him or her and regardless of how 'powerful' he or she may be... they must go. And forget the crap about how that would impede the progress of a well functioning Congress. We've just seen how that does NOT hold any realism.

Everything else is just noise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies