Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 12:24 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,666,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Right.

Obama does not stand a snowball's chance in hell of being re-elected. The economy and unemployment will still be in the tank. No independent will vote for him and assure four more years of economic misery. The left will vote for him no matter what, but that will not be enough votes to win an election.
You really have to quit counting the chickens before they hatch. This is a low point for Obama, but 18 months is an enternity. Your frontrunner acted like a total jerk during all of this... is that the kind of leadership we could expect from him? You guys need to get behind a viable candidate before you start planning on what color the drapes are going to be in the White House.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2011, 12:32 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,416,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomba View Post
Why does anyone think this fool has a chance at re-election?
Here are a few reasons.

Palin

Bachmann

Paul "not necessary for campaign materials to be made in the USA let the free market take care of that"
And how's that going for us?

If you don't want to re elect Obama fine but at least put somebody up that the free thinkers can vote for.

Old 08-03-2011, 01:03 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,969,997 times
Quote:
When Obama leaves office, will he become a bitter, brooding former president like Carter? It seems as though presidents who have met with failure have a hard time living with the mistakes they have made in their presidency and that is reflected in their sentiments from that time forward.
Assuming and counting chickens before they hatch; two classic ways to end up with egg on your face
Casper

Last edited by Casper in Dallas; 08-03-2011 at 01:57 PM..

Old 08-03-2011, 01:05 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,969,997 times
Quote:
Right.

Obama does not stand a snowball's chance in hell of being re-elected. The economy and unemployment will still be in the tank. No independent will vote for him and assure four more years of economic misery. The left will vote for him no matter what, but that will not be enough votes to win an election.
You are going to get a very rude wake up call in 2012. Enjoy your dreams until then
Casper

Old 08-03-2011, 01:06 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,143,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomba View Post
Why does anyone think this fool has a chance at re-election?
Because even bigger fools are making him the only viable choice.

Old 08-03-2011, 01:07 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,774,233 times
Quote:
When Obama leaves office, will he become a bitter, brooding former president like Carter? It seems as though presidents who have met with failure have a hard time living with the mistakes they have made in their presidency and that is reflected in their sentiments from that time forward.
So who am I going to vote for? Bachmann??
haaaa..

I plan to vote for Ron Paul in 2012. If he doesn't make it, it's almost a certainty that I will vote for Obama.

Maybe it seems odd since their approach to a solution is so different, but my reasoning is that these two people have the best grasp on what the various problems are.

Old 08-03-2011, 01:10 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,819,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Barry will lobby to be the Secretary General of the UN. That is where most "dictators" go after they loot their village.
I agree the UN or the World Bank is where he most likely will end up eventually.

Old 08-03-2011, 01:18 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,666,654 times
Quote:
Hmm, I don't recall Jimmy Carter being bitter and brooding. Instead he dedicated his time to helping the poor via Habitat for Humanity.

Ford and Nixon both faded away into obscurity, where they very much belonged...Nixon lucky he didn't spend time in prison.

Old 08-03-2011, 01:52 PM

30,118 posts, read 18,723,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
So who am I going to vote for? Bachmann??
haaaa..

I plan to vote for Ron Paul in 2012. If he doesn't make it, it's almost a certainty that I will vote for Obama.

Maybe it seems odd since their approach to a solution is so different, but my reasoning is that these two people have the best grasp on what the various problems are.

"best grasp on what the various problems are"

I guess this "explains" why he has been so successful in reducing unemployment, reducing the debt, and keeping jobs in the US.

Insanity is when one repeats the same action, over and over again, depsite the lack of positive results.

Old 08-03-2011, 01:57 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,774,233 times
Quote:
"best grasp on what the various problems are"

I guess this "explains" why he has been so successful in reducing unemployment, reducing the debt, and keeping jobs in the US.
The flaw in your argument, hawkeye, is that we can only speculate what unemployment, debt, jobs, etc., would've looked like under another president, with different policies.

I'm sure you're convinced that the economy would be booming right now under McCain, but I'm not. Obama exceeded my expectations because I expected the worst for anyone who followed Bush.

Quote:
Insanity is when one repeats the same action, over and over again, depsite the lack of positive results.
i agree. a good example of insanity is voting GOP and expecting fiscal conservatism, which is what I did when I voted for Bush in 2004. I won't do it again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies