Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 07:21 PM

5,546 posts, read 10,003,203 times

Advertisements

I have a question for anyone. How can people keep believing in the stock market? I got out completely before the Oct 2008 crash and only held on to some Chevron, which I now sold. The market is about where it was when I got out.

Every fundamental that made this country properous is gone! So why do people keep acting like things are going to go back to normal and up in the markets and like this isn't some "new normal?" It was obvious back in 2008 we were headed off a cliff. Obama promised change. Well, we now see what state our political parties are in and this country is well on its way to a fallen empire. So if anyone can answer my question, I'd be most interested in the response.

ETA: Now that I think about it, I don't want to derail this thread, so I think I'll start my own thread with this question. Pay no attn to me.

Last edited by mistygrl092; 08-04-2011 at 07:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2011, 07:32 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,314,858 times
Since the Obumbatrons gave all the credit to Obumba when it went up lets make sure he gets all the credit for the TANKING.

Thanks Obumba for killing the stock market like you have jobs.

Old 08-04-2011, 07:34 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,399,838 times
Until the budget is solidified for 10 to 15 years, regardless if that has tax increases, deficit reduction, spending cuts, entitlement reform, whatever, the markets will continue to fluctuate and fall.

All business wants is to know what Washington is doing for 10 to 15 years out.

When it changes by the month, business can't operate, hire, or grow.

Old 08-04-2011, 07:59 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,024,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
On trading earlier today. Its down around 300 now. This hasn't happened since 1978 if I recall from an article I read yesterday. I thought the great orator was going to save the world with his big "deal" the dems hoisted upon the world?
1.)TeaBaggers control the house now..
2.)What is with you people cheering at every piece of bad news. Do you like seeing this country fail? Every time the stock market is bad, or there is a bad jobs report you TP's come out and start cheering.
3.)If something good happening I can hear a crickets heartbeat. Or it's some dumbass thanking Bush.

I mean really?

Last edited by Jermaine88; 08-04-2011 at 08:48 PM..

Old 08-04-2011, 08:41 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
You must have misinterpreted that article. The stock market fell by huge amounts several times during the last months of 2008.

List of largest daily changes in the Dow Jones Industrial Average - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I was talking about dropping for ten straight days. You lefties can spin away all you want but it is what it is. The orator lied yet again.

Old 08-04-2011, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
1.)TeaBaggers control the house now..
2.)What is with you people cheering at every piece of bad news. Do you like seeing this country fail? Every time the stock market is bad, or there is a bad jobs report you TP's come out and start cheering.
3.)If something good happening I can hear a crickets heartbeat. Or it's some dumbass saying thanking Bush.

I mean really?
LOL so it's all the tea parties fault now? Obama and Boehner got what THEY wanted but its the tea parties fault. Do you know how ridiculous that sounds? Obviously not because you went on and posted it. I don't see anybody cheering. I see a lot of lefties deflecting because what is happening is exactly what we said would happen. You of course bought the usual BS from the great orator.

Old 08-04-2011, 08:53 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,024,957 times
Quote:
LOL so it's all the tea parties fault now? Obama and Boehner got what THEY wanted but its the tea parties fault. Do you know how ridiculous that sounds?
I'm assuming you are talking about the Debt Deal..

The TP's have the majority in the house?

If it was a "Bad Deal" why didn't they say no and block it?

If the Debt Deal does not work the TP's are just as responsible for passing it.

Old 08-04-2011, 08:59 PM

What majority in the house?

Old 08-04-2011, 09:22 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,961,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Until the budget is solidified for 10 to 15 years, regardless if that has tax increases, deficit reduction, spending cuts, entitlement reform, whatever, the markets will continue to fluctuate and fall.

All business wants is to know what Washington is doing for 10 to 15 years out.

When it changes by the month, business can't operate, hire, or grow.
Which is exactly why there should have been a long term deal. Too much politics during the whole thing and now I hope they see what they all have done.

Old 08-04-2011, 09:26 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,477,016 times
Quote:
On trading earlier today. Its down around 300 now. This hasn't happened since 1978 if I recall from an article I read yesterday. I thought the great orator was going to save the world with his big "deal" the dems hoisted upon the world? Apparently not. Now what? I can't wait for the calls of QE III and more stimulous by these complete and utter idiots.
LOL. Sorry. The Deceleration of Independence should be the #1 seller right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies