Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2011, 12:36 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
This is very sad to me. I have very fond memories of going to that exact same fair with my parents in 1972. It was so wholesome back then, no violence, as civilized as can be. Liberalism has ruined everything. I bet 90% of these violent youth are being raised in single mother households.

I believe that if a child is getting any kind of handout such as free school lunch and they go on to a commit a crime they should at least get 2X the punishment. If you take handouts you owe it to society to be well behaved. I would even open correction camps that forces hard labor and painful punishment for any youth (or adults for that matter) in a welfare household who displays any acts of violence.
Have you seen this video of the performances at the Wisconsin State Fair? I think it shows not one black person in those staging the show.

Governor Walker: Protesters create noisy scene when Gov. Walker opens the Wisconsin State Fair - WITI (http://www.fox6now.com/news/witi-20110804-protest-governor-scott-walker,0,5359457.story - broken link)

Old 08-05-2011, 12:38 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Oh I'm sure it's just an isolated event. The "kids" got a little rowdy.
Oh and don't be bringing race into this because it was just a bunch of out of control kids who didn't mean anything.

It's nothing. Sweep it under the rug like all the other "incidents" that are happening in cities all across the US.

There is no pattern. There is no trend. You're all imagining that there are racial tensions brewing among the minority youth. If the national MSM didn't report it then IT DIDN'T HAPPEN.

/sarcasm off

Old 08-05-2011, 12:38 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
THAT is why the reference to planet of the apes...
Nope..not even close to buying it.

Old 08-05-2011, 12:39 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,609,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Well since you understand, let's hope you are there next time to take a beating. Since you 'get it' the pain won't last as long.

Me, I don't care why someone is attacking me, I don't ask questions to their reasoning, I just defend myself.
yet AGAIN, I don't agree with the actions of thugs either, BUT try to understand this. what's done is done. The seeds have been sown and now white people are reaping their harvest, though unfortunately it was done at the hands of our slave owning ancestors. It's not right but it's reality.

Old 08-05-2011, 12:42 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by portyhead24 View Post
yet AGAIN, I don't agree with the actions of thugs either, BUT try to understand this. what's done is done. The seeds have been sown and now white people are reaping their harvest, though unfortunately it was done at the hands of our slave owning ancestors. It's not right but it's reality.

Do NOT blame MY ancestors! They had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with slavery!

Old 08-05-2011, 12:43 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,886,738 times
Quote:
Like I said I'm not saying it's right at all. But the fact of the matter is these people have come from a past of slavery where their ancestors were slaves and even up to this day (though things have gotten better) have played second class citizens at the hands of a greedy and prejudiced group (some not all). And now with this economic downturn people are feeling at the brink. Can't say I don't understand why these people feel upset even if their anger is misguided.
What a great excuse! It's great because it can go on FOREVER since the history of slavery will always be there. These second class citizens (way too polite a term for them, btw) have had everything handed to them, even the TP they use to wipe their behinds. They are fed, sheltered, clothed, given medical care, by the taxpayers. You and your brainwashed thinking is EXACTLY the reason why these thugs are thugs. Go to the mirror and take a bow.

Old 08-05-2011, 12:44 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,886,738 times
Quote:
It's only reality if you're a delusional leftist. I say all the white leftists offer themselves up to the black thugs for a solid beating and let's get this done fair and square so we can all start fresh.

Anyway, you'd think these stupid thugs could at least ask each whitey they come across, "was your folks blue or grey in the war?"

Old 08-05-2011, 12:45 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Sometimes I wish instead of defending the actions of the perp's some would call it for what they see it instead of calling everyone a racist who thinks there's something wrong with a bunch of black guys/gals beating the hell out of white guys/gals.
Please direct me to a post within this thread where anyone defended the actions of these perps. I'll be waiting.......

I condemn the actions of these young people....but when you start a thread calling black people apes and condemning the black community as fatherless hoodlums, my desire to empathize with your POV is at zero.

Old 08-05-2011, 12:46 PM

253 posts, read 201,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
This is very sad to me. I have very fond memories of going to that exact same fair with my parents in 1972. It was so wholesome back then, no violence, as civilized as can be. Liberalism has ruined everything. I bet 90% of these violent youth are being raised in single mother households.

I believe that if a child is getting any kind of handout such as free school lunch and they go on to a commit a crime they should at least get 2X the punishment. If you take handouts you owe it to society to be well behaved. I would even open correction camps that forces hard labor and painful punishment for any youth (or adults for that matter) in a welfare household who displays any acts of violence.
Huh? No. Don't blame liberals, don't blame welfare, blame the people who did it & perhaps their parents as well. The State Fair is still a normal, non-violent event. This was an unfortunate incident.

Old 08-05-2011, 12:48 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,609,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
It's only reality if you're a delusional leftist. I say all the white leftists offer themselves up to the black thugs for a solid beating and let's get this done fair and square so we can all start fresh.

Anyway, you'd think these stupid thugs could at least ask each whitey they come across, "was your folks blue or grey in the war?"
Wow what a response. Very thought provoking. It's difficult to have a discussion with people who obviously aren't on the level. Moving on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies