Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 04:48 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,939,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I seriously doubt there are anywhere near as many protesters today as there were 5 years ago.

Yes, some are still protesting. But many just used those events to rag on Bush and they are now silent.
Interesting stuff. Seems like you don't give a damn about the wars, and are more interested in whining about a hypothetical group of people who protested wars only because they disliked Bush.

Lots of people disliked Bush, and some of those people try to make excuses for Obama. I don't have much to say to folks like that, but the mealymouthed partisan point scoring you're trying to do here is even more detestable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2011, 04:49 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,999,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunks_galore View Post
Interesting stuff. Seems like you don't give a damn about the wars, and are more interested in whining about a hypothetical group of people who protested wars only because they disliked Bush.

Lots of people disliked Bush, and some of those people try to make excuses for Obama. I don't have much to say to folks like that, but the mealymouthed partisan point scoring you're trying to do here is even more detestable.
Oh please, at this point there is no excuse for Obama. And if anyone is showing partisanship, that would be you!

Old 08-06-2011, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Oh please, at this point there is no excuse for Obama. And if anyone is showing partisanship, that would be you!
I think you misunderstood my post. I do not think there is an excuse for Obama, and I think that all of my posts have reflected this opinion.

Old 08-06-2011, 04:51 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times
Quote:

It isn't for lack of protesters - I honestly believe what protests are occurring aren't being spotlighted - b/c the MEDIA doesn't want to bring another Obama failure to light - so they simply are not covering the protests the way they did under Bush.

Old 08-06-2011, 04:54 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,999,979 times
Quote:
I think you misunderstood my post. I do not think there is an excuse for Obama, and I think that all of my posts have reflected this opinion.
No, I don't think I misunderstood it at all when you use language like detestable. The truth is there were MANY anti-war protests that were never covered during the Bush years. Obama is Bush 3. After a certain point, you realize that no one is going to stop the insanity - not on your side, not on my side. Learned helplessness.

Old 08-06-2011, 04:55 PM

Quote:
No, I don't think I misunderstood it at all when you use language like detestable. The truth is there were MANY anti-war protests that were never covered during the Bush years. Obama is Bush 3. After a certain point, you realize that no one is going to stop the insanity - not on your side, not on my side. Learned helplessness.
I don't even understand what you're trying to argue. Obama and Bush are the same with regards to the warmongering. You seem very confused.

Old 08-06-2011, 05:01 PM

1,777 posts, read 1,403,103 times
Quote:
Saying "Nuh-uh, you are!" doesn't work when the poster who claims to be an anti-war protester is saying that he's very upset with Obama for continuing the wars. That's sounds quite un-partisan to me, but maybe you just misinterpreted dunks.

Quote:
b/c the MEDIA doesn't want to bring another Obama failure to light - so they simply are not covering the protests the way they did under Bush.
The media barely and grudgingly covered antiwar protests under Bush. This has largely continued under Obama. I hated that then, and I still hate that now. And I don't think the media has been silent at all about how the war in Afghanistan has not been going well. And it's not some secret that there is still a large military presence in Iraq either.

Really what's annoying me here is that KU hasn't found the time to admit that he was wrong and that the antiwar protests didn't end merely because a Democrat was elected president.

Old 08-06-2011, 05:31 PM

898 posts, read 827,796 times
And we don't hear anything about AIDS, the homeless, etc., etc. when a dim is in the white house, do we?

Old 08-06-2011, 08:32 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,574,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Did they only oppose the wars because Bush was president? Where are the protesters?

Do they not remember this lame Obama promise or is it that they cannot do the math?

‪Ron Paul Correctly Predicts Obama Lie‬‏ - YouTube
think they'er still protesting at Bush's rach!! usefull idiots

Old 08-06-2011, 08:39 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,644,862 times
Quote:
Obama is doing pretty much exactly what was promised with the wars -- wrap up Iraq and ramp up Afghanistan. Those who are dissappointed with him on this point weren't paying attention to what he said he was going to do in 2007/8. Now, his decision to keep Gitmo opened?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies