Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 09:03 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,328,499 times

Advertisements

Another glaring example of poor reading comprehension by teabaggers. Article cited states that "conservatives" outnumber liberals. Yet the title says tea party.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2011, 09:07 AM

18,665 posts, read 20,043,113 times
There are far more non TP conservs than TP,and far more moderates than TP. TP is a small factor in a national race, powerless w/o building coalitions with both non TP conservs plus moderates.

Last edited by bobtn; 09-17-2011 at 09:57 AM..

Old 09-17-2011, 09:13 AM

3,504 posts, read 3,940,826 times
the tea party is the republican party.

90 percent of them will vote for the republican nominee. that is a not a bipartisan group.

the tea party used to be bipartisan, until it was hijacked by palin, beck and those other idiots.

the independents left the tea party and the republicans that stayed in it move to the far right with the tea party.

so you have 2 factions in the republican party. the mainstream republican who is actually less likely to vote for the republican nominee, i believe obama has 10-15 percent of there support from the last poll i saw.

then you have the far right tea party, who will vote for whoever the GOP nominee is, over 90 percent of the time. i believe 3 percent in the poll i saw said they support obama.

the tea party is equivalent to the black support of obama, and will cancel each other out.

the election breaks down to this simple question. who do the independents like me, who are not chained to one party, vote for?

im voting for ron paul, thats just me though.

Old 09-17-2011, 09:23 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,211,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
Well .. They seemed to do alright last November
(OH .. You forgot?)

One other thing .. before you run back to the basement .. There Was NO Tea Party when Bush was in office!
You seem to forget the recalls of Republicans in Wisconsin and the approval ratings of Scott Walker. Have you checked Rick Scott of Fla. approval rating lately?

As for the Tea Party, the question is...where was their grassroots movement when Bush was in office and destroying the economy? Makes their creibility and intentions a bit suspect.

The Tea Party has been taken over by Neocons and if there was any grassroots organic roots to it, it has long been quashed. Problem is that the base is either to stupid or to brainwashed to see it.

American Public Sours On Tea Party Movement

Quote:
Assuming these numbers are accurate, and assuming they hold up, the GOP could have a problem. The Tea Party Movement remains a strong voice inside the GOP and is likely to play a pivotal role in deciding who the 2012 nominee ends up being. If that candidate ends up being associated in the public mind with a movement that the public is skeptical of, then convincing those voters, most of whom are likely independents, to vote GOP could prove difficult.
American Public Sours On Tea Party Movement

...this was back in March and their approval has declined since then.

Old 09-17-2011, 09:30 AM

3,504 posts, read 3,940,826 times
the tea party didnt care because george bush had an R next to his name.

as I stated in my prior post, the tea party is even more of a slave to the republicans then the mainstream republicans are.

over 90 percent of them will vote for the republican nominee, in a party that says its bi partisan and will support any candidate who believes in "freedom and small government"

freedom and small government, yet they run to rick perry. thats what i call chained to the plantation.

Old 09-17-2011, 09:55 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,293,114 times

Canda Free Press? Yeah, that's a credible site.

CFP is the World Nut Daily for Canada.

Old 09-17-2011, 10:01 AM

13,875 posts, read 9,815,024 times
Someone can call themselves a conservative, but I wonder if those same people support getting rid of Social Security, Medicare, and public schools? If they don't want to get rid of them, then they are not actual conservatives.

Old 09-17-2011, 10:04 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,505,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenDullesMJ12 View Post
What were current Tea Party "members" doing while Bush was in office? They were water carriers then as they are now. Since 2006 many independent people have been warning them about the impeding economic problems. Back then when Bush wanted to give more tax cuts while increasing spending to astronomic proportions. They did not say a single thing about the debt ceiling being raised multiple times under him. They are hypocritical, slow witted sheep as their leftist brethren. They should stick with simpler issues like gun rights and call it a day.
Who Cares what they were doing! Something needs to be done NOW and SOON!

Old 09-17-2011, 10:05 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,505,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Canda Free Press? Yeah, that's a credible site.

CFP is the World Nut Daily for Canada.
Yeah well I posted something about Edwards affair from a so called incredible source and Guess What they were right weren't they!

Old 09-17-2011, 10:10 AM

38,718 posts, read 26,521,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
The article is the citation. See post number 2. According to this article, tea party support, as of August, has gone down since April. The debt ceiling deal was "resolved" at the beginning of August, so that only stands to reason that part of the reason for their decline in support was due to the debt ceiling deal.

"Stands to reason"?

The pirates cause GW argument?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies