Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 06:51 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,081,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yes, that's right, his slaves were allowed to come and go as they pleased.
Try again, telling lies doesnt help your position any. He did not have slaves plain and simple. and you can not find any proof that he did. Why make up lies?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2011, 06:55 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
My goodness. Again as ScoPro has pointed out, not many shooters in this thread. Watch Top Shot sometime people. That shot can be made all day long by most average shooters with practice and minimal instruction.

Old 08-09-2011, 06:56 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
What the hell is this nonsense that Lincoln had slaves. Where do you people get this ****.

Old 08-09-2011, 06:57 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,081,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
What the hell is this nonsense that Lincoln had slaves. Where do you people get this ****.
For some reason, people think that telling lies, it is going to help out their other positions.

Old 08-09-2011, 07:04 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
Try again, telling lies doesnt help your position any. He did not have slaves plain and simple. and you can not find any proof that he did. Why make up lies?

I looked it up and you are absolutely correct, and I stand corrected...I was told that Lincoln was a slave owner, and it does seem that people did say that...think it...I was told/taught, that Lincoln did in fact have hired help, (slaves) but they were allowed to come and go as they pleased, however, it was way to dangerous to do so...I was also taught, that there were good slave owners and bad slave owners, as in everything else, however, Lincoln supposidly was a good slave owner? Well, it, seems there is nothing on the internet...this was all supposed to be before slavery was abolished, before Lincoln was a president...that his family indeed owned slaves? I'm terribly sorry...but there is no proof of the matter...that he did....

As far as telling a lie, I genuinally believed it, and wasn't lieing...as far as my position here, I really and honestly do not care what anyone thinks...I've opened this thread for discussion, I don't claim to know that all my thoughts are the right ones, what I've said was, that I strongly believe, and I do, that the U.S. killed Kennedy...am I right, I don't know? Nothing is written in stone, however, in this case, there were way to many stones left unturned...

Old 08-09-2011, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
For some reason, people think that telling lies, it is going to help out their other positions.
I'll say it again...
I wasn't lieing...I did honestly believe he was a slave owner...before he was President...we learned that his family owned slaves, but I can find nothing of the kind as proof of this...what I did find is, that some people said he owned slaves...but it wasn't true? I was taught, he did in fact have help who were Afraican American...who even helped build the White House...but...they were free to come and go, but couldn't for fear of being hung...

and by the way, when ever my mother would say that Abe Lincoln was her most favorite President, I would say, "Huh, he was a slave owner", and she'd shake her head and say, "I don't care!"
so, no, I wasn't making up lies, I actually believed it....is it true, ? It looks as if it is not true....

Old 08-09-2011, 07:24 AM

what I have learned over the years of posting in forums, is, there are some people who take the beliefs of others as such a personal insult, they will not only try and discredit you, they will insult you and laugh at you. Why is that? Why is it so important to some people to take such insult because someone else believes something different from you? Why take it so personal that you will do and say anything to discredit another human being...isn't that proof enough how brutal man is, how we are so imperfect.

I don't have all the answers, and know all the facts...I am not always right, however, that is far removed from what I believe, what I feel and what my true belief system is...

did you ever watch I Claudious (which is some ficiton, but taken from factual happeneings) and how ROME Fell? Do you think today's man is exempt from being that vicious...? Take a look at some of the comments here...man is cruel and driven by his own ego...and let me tell you, when you find a man that can allow others they're own thoughts without becoming mean spirited or taking it personal, that is a good man...a man with awareness...

I mean everyone knows about the shaddy past of the Kennedy's who they were associated with..., everyone on the face of this earth has a past that is seedy, some worse then others, but everyone has a story to tell...no one is claiming here that they were saints, neither are any of you, or myself...we all have hidden secrets...

However, when you become a leader...your life also becomes fair game to anyone and people look up to you as a role model, why I don't know, except that human beings need someone/something to base they're purpose on? Some believe the Kennedy's were saints...whose to say? Who is to judge?

What I would like to know, is why did someone have him killed...along with his brothers, and I'd even venture to say, John Jr., for when his plane crashed that was my first thought. Am I right, who the heck knows...however, this is all way to coincidental to not be shady....

Old 08-09-2011, 07:41 AM

6,795 posts, read 7,289,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
yes one man did make all those shot, and has been proven time and time again

garrison...which one the real garrison, or the movie creation
If you really believe that, you need to get a copy of the Warren Report and look at the original diagrams of the wounds.
The wound to the back was considerably lower than the wound to the neck.
Considering the shot was fired from the forth story of the building, Kennedy would have had to be standing on his head for the trajectory to line up.
The Warren Report also has an interesting bit of information about Governor Connelly, who was also hit supposedly by that same magic bullet, screaming, “Oh my god... they are going to kill all of us!"
Kind of an interesting statement don't you think?

Old 08-09-2011, 08:07 AM

782 posts, read 1,109,221 times
I think where you may have gotten the idea about Lincoln owning slaves was that his wife's family owned slaves. Her family was very wealthy from Lexington KY and she ran in the uppermost of social circles in her childhood. The Civil War divided her family with members fighting on both sides.

Old 08-09-2011, 08:09 AM

782 posts, read 1,109,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
If you really believe that, you need to get a copy of the Warren Report and look at the original diagrams of the wounds.
The wound to the back was considerably lower than the wound to the neck.
Considering the shot was fired from the forth story of the building, Kennedy would have had to be standing on his head for the trajectory to line up.
The Warren Report also has an interesting bit of information about Governor Connelly, who was also hit supposedly by that same magic bullet, screaming, “Oh my god... they are going to kill all of us!"
Kind of an interesting statement don't you think?
I also find it interesting that when John Connelly died his family refused to allow to have the bullet removed. Or should I say bullets?? The one in his thigh and the one in his wrist.

Last edited by Chanygirl; 08-09-2011 at 08:24 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies