Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 07:40 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,275,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Scabs like WALMART Shoppers, get what they asked for. Scabs are scabs
Ha! Says it all, doesn't it? Ends Justify the Means. Pure Alinsky. Satan's Rulebook.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2011, 07:51 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,793,626 times
I gotta say the "Union Thug" thing is growing on me, I kind of like it. Reminds me of a southerner who's still pi$$ed about getting their a$$es handed to them and calling me a Yank.

I wonder if the Tea Party will accept being called Tea Baggers in the future?

As for the video and this strike, I support their right to picket, good for them if they think it'll change anything, it won't, but act like humans not animals.

Old 08-09-2011, 07:55 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times
Wow, look at this. Criminals.

Verizon reports cases of sabotage, warns of delays in customer service - The Boston Globe

Verizon reports sabotage as workers continue strike

Old 08-09-2011, 07:56 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,275,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Looks like they got some jobs - hope they keep them too.

Imagine the greedy union, calling a nationwide strike because they're being asked to pay a little more for their own HC and benefits.

They DO NOT garner sympathy from the public.

Old 08-09-2011, 08:07 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,575,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
"A video was posted on YouTube yesterday shows an alleged Verizon picketer going berserk at what appears to be replacement workers or management trying to cross the picket line in a Verizon truck. The man, however, is not alone. In the video, his daughter can be seen holding a strike sign and standing in front of the vehicle. Still, that didn’t stop him from launching into a hate-filled speech against the other men, calling them “losers,“ ”scumbags,“ and ”scabs,” all the while mixing in profanity."

Verizon Protester Swears in Front of Daughter on Picket Line | Video | TheBlaze.com

Why is it, we consistently see this type of abusive language and behavior from the left and rarely from the right? Do these people really think this type of vulgar bullying behavior helps their cause? It may intimidate a few people at the moment, but with modern day technology keeping us all connected and exposing everything, it only ends up hurting their cause. The effectiveness of Union thuggery is coming to an end.
that man is a poor excuse of a man, he brought his daughter to the picket line to hide behind her like a freakin weakling. But I guess I do feel sorry for his daughter but not because her dad is on strike but because her dad is a jack as!!!

Last edited by gysmo; 08-09-2011 at 08:19 PM..

Old 08-09-2011, 08:35 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,818,345 times
Quote:

Verizon reports cases of sabotage, warns of delays in customer service - The Boston Globe

Let's hope they **** off enough customers that they cancel their service and union thugs won't have a job to go back to.

F*ers

Old 08-09-2011, 08:52 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,169,562 times
Here's an idea.
Give em all 1 day to return to work, then fire and replace them all.

Old 08-09-2011, 09:38 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,944,845 times
Quote:

These are the same unions that Obama-Biden cozy up to for their votes. Imagine that, Obama siding with criminals.

Old 08-09-2011, 10:39 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,932,502 times
Quote:
Wow. What a great role model he makes for his daughter.

Typical union thug, vulgar and has no compunction whatsoever using his daughter.

Poor kid.

Fire all the POgarbage.
Having crossed a picket line (I am management), its often very sad what the members resort too.

Old 08-09-2011, 10:40 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,932,502 times
Another reason companies outsource.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies