Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 02:31 PM

17,523 posts, read 24,776,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
My post wasn't about Obama, it was simply an example to my main point. That is, letting propaganda, out of context accusations, and libelous assertions be the drive for peoples position. The very same thing that happened with Obama being elected, and drove opinions on the various candidates.
Still trying to steal the thread, it's about Perry and his FundiMENTALists

Old 08-11-2011, 02:33 PM

17,523 posts, read 24,776,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
I do recall Obama hosting a dinner for muslims to celebrate Ramadan. Not a word from the Libs. Obama ignored Easter. Again. Not a word from the Libs.

Liberals are so predictably hypocritical.
The thread is still about Perry there seems to be an outbreak of Obama deficit disorder

Old 08-11-2011, 03:04 PM

17,412 posts, read 12,036,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Ya don't say?
Let me refer you back a few pages of this thread...
https://www.city-data.com/forum/20405846-post13.html
Quite the fill-in-the-blank mind you have. When it says, "it's clear he meant...." you lose all credibility.

Again, show me where saying our country could stand to have a little more God on our lives is a "state-run religion"?

Old 08-11-2011, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Maybe some of us didn't hear about it?

Also, pot kettle black. Conservatives, especially Christian conservatives are the most notoriously hypocritical group on the planet.
Of course you didn't. The mainstream media, Media Matters and their ilk would never cover it.

Old 08-11-2011, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
It's both actually.
No, it's not both. It's freedom of religion, and freedom from a state-run religion. Not freedom FROM any religion.

Old 08-11-2011, 03:08 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,988,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Still trying to steal the thread, it's about Perry and his FundiMENTALists
It can't be that hard to read what I provided? No, I refuse to accuse you of such, I simply think you are refusing to deal with the specifics of my post which were quite pertinent to the discussion because... well.. to consider such means you can't propagate the BS.

Old 08-11-2011, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I want freedom from and of religion. I did not sign up to be converted to any particular religion. I do not care what these "Messengers of God" believe. They shall not force their beliefs on me. EVER!
No wonder you've bought into the liberal mantra so easily. Someone exercising their freedom of speech would force you to convert? You must be pretty weak willed.

Someone expressing their freedoms is NOT converting you. You are only converted if you choose to be.

Old 08-11-2011, 03:22 PM

1,800 posts, read 3,925,924 times
Quote:
No wonder you've bought into the liberal mantra so easily. Someone exercising their freedom of speech would force you to convert? You must be pretty weak willed.

Someone expressing their freedoms is NOT converting you. You are only converted if you choose to be.
Or if you are impliedly forced thru a variety of means including sitting a public school classroom where 29 other students are praying to a belief not held by your family.

Old 08-11-2011, 03:22 PM

68,394 posts, read 54,674,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
I'm a Ron Paul supporter, but I also mourn the loss of Christian values in this country. I will not board the anti-christian train.
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Really? What Christian 'values' has the country allegedly lost and when did it have them to start with?
Still waiting for support of the "we've lost our Christian values" allegation. The silence was predictable.

Old 08-11-2011, 03:24 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,917,838 times
Quote:
Someone exercising their freedom of speech would force you to convert? You must be pretty weak willed.
I've heard that recognizing gay marriage will make others choose to be gay. Some people are really scared for the choice they might have at their disposal. If that can happen, I'm sure freedom of speech can have a similar effect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
It can't be that hard to read what I provided? No, I refuse to accuse you of such, I simply think you are refusing to deal with the specifics of my post which were quite pertinent to the discussion because... well.. to consider such means you can't propagate the BS.
Do you think Rick Perry should read the Bible and follow the preachings of Jesus Christ, as opposed to playing a political game using religion?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies