Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 12:32 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,257,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
It's much more fundamental than that: the Republican Party, at its core, does not recognize the legitimacy of any election that puts a Democrat in the White House. It hasn't always been the case, but they have abandoned the idea that the people have the right to elect a Democrat.

This is absolutely ludicrous given that a week hardly goes without some Leftist bringing up about how GWB "stole" the 2000 election. In fact, I think I've even seen one today somewhere on this forum
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2011, 12:38 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,736,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
I don't "hate" or "fear" either one. I thought Clinton was at least reasonable in that he was willing to work with Republicans. Obama talks about "bipartisanship" when what he really means is "We need a few Republicans to defect and do things our way as we have no intention of doing anything their way."
DING DING DING! This is very insightful. I don't think anyone "hated" Bill Clinton. In fact, it seems to me that people on the left and right liked (and still like) Bill Clinton as a person. Politically, there was in-fighting, but as a PERSON, I think Bill Clinton is exceptionally intelligent and very engaging. Some of his policies were simply too liberal for a lot of Republicans, but that didn't mean they hated him.

Obama - it is all "his way or the highway." I have never observed a President act or interact as he does. He also waffles and sends out mixed messages - then tries to backtrack, blameshift and finger point. He is a very confusing fellow, lol.

Old 08-11-2011, 12:39 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,517,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyking View Post
Remember when Bill Clinton was in power - the republicans really hated him with a passion.

I always thought Clinton was head and shoulders above any of Republicans - and all around brilliant Politician - he had Democratic Values, or Centre left but took these and took the best of what the republicans are good at grew the economy and paid down the deficit- One of the best Politicians there has been - very, very underated.

He was always a step ahead of the Republicans, no matter how much they tried to get rid of him - He always made the Republicans appear the bad guys - who would stop at nothing to undermine him.

If there was one Politician from the Left - the the right and Republicans truly fear it was Clinton. Also I don't buy the argument that he was some kind of Republican - this is just them trying to slur his reputation.

As for Obama - I was hoping he was similar to Clinton - but he seems more emulating Reagan, with increasing Debt- he has been put a bad situation by the disasterous George W Bush Presidency.

I Just can't pin him down - he is so vague, always sitting on the fence, talking about Change, Change , and yes we can. A lack of specfiics.

But he has just been more about Crisis management, and sorting out the Republican Mess.

Anyway I am hoping there is some master plan he is working in the background - He was a Dark Horse, surprise candidate to win against Hilary, and before we had not hear much about him.

Therefore from a right wing/republican viewpoint - who do you hate the most between him and Clinton?
Crisis Management? I wish. I'd say sadly, Crisis creation is "what he's more about".

Old 08-11-2011, 12:39 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,326,347 times
Which one is Black?

There lies your answer who they hate more

Old 08-11-2011, 12:43 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,736,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Which one is Black?

I can't believe you wrote this, much less that you think this way.

Old 08-11-2011, 01:10 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,504,057 times
I cannot answer this with HATE , first of all hate is a very strong emotion, and i do not hate either one. I dislike very much things about both of them, things i like about Clinton more then Obama. I don't hate Obama, i don't like him, that is the difference. I do not trust in him or his words, his words to me, are empty. I like when words lead to action. In my opinion he is not the strong leader so many sought out when voting for him, his many promises are exactly that, empty promises that lead still to Needing much Hope and a lot better Change.

Old 08-11-2011, 01:28 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,286,812 times
The wording of the OP????
Hate? Fear? Who says its either?
How about this instead: Republicans who do you trust less/ disagree with more?

Old 08-11-2011, 01:45 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,257,622 times
Quote:
Which one is Black?

That's right, Faire, keep the old race pot stirred. We dare not let a thread about Obama slip by without someone throwing in this kind of garbage.

Old 08-11-2011, 01:53 PM

12,498 posts, read 27,096,057 times
I hate both with a passion/fear neither.

Old 08-11-2011, 01:55 PM

12,498 posts, read 27,096,057 times
Quote:
Which one is Black?

Obama is not Black, he's half White aka Bi-Racial although I know that's a hard concept to grasp for Liberals.

Obama is a product of whats so typical in America today. Black man gets White trash woman pregnant then scats. Half breed baby is cared for by grandparents (usually the White set).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies