Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 12:47 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,435,238 times

Advertisements

Gee, I can't imagine why. Obama has continued many of Bush's policies...in direct contrast to his campaign promises. Folks don't like being lied to.

Throw in the state of the economy plus Republican eagerness to vote this cycle (58% say they're " more enthusiastic"), and I think we can safely say Obama's reelections chances are in BIG trouble..

Quote:
In thinking about the 2012 presidential election, 45% of Democrats and independents who lean Democratic say they are more enthusiastic about voting than usual, while nearly as many, 44%, are less enthusiastic. This is in sharp contrast to 2008 and, to a lesser extent, 2004, when the great majority of Democrats expressed heightened enthusiasm about voting.
Democrats Dispirited About Voting in 2012

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2011, 12:49 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,293,964 times
On the political forums they'll publicly say that Obama will get the liberal vote no matter what. Privately, they're worried. Keeping up appearances and all.

Old 09-29-2011, 12:57 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,698,527 times
That graph makes a perfect fish. (sorry weird observation)

Old 09-29-2011, 01:03 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,435,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
On the political forums they'll publicly say that Obama will get the liberal vote no matter what. Privately, they're worried. Keeping up appearances and all.
Obama has been a big time disappointment to many liberals. Personally, I literally don't know anybody who is happy with him. Small donations being down is another indication..

Yeah, some liberals will play the "lesser of two evils" game and vote for him anyway, but a lack of enthusiasm means a lack of a GOTV ground game...something the Obama campaign excelled at in 2008, and something he has to have.

Currently, most signs point to Obama being a one term president..

Old 09-29-2011, 01:10 PM

78,448 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:
Yes and No.

Actually Obama will still get the liberal vote. I bumped a thread by A_Lexus back pre-2008 railing about the wars and how continuing them is utterly inexcusable....and they basically asserted that Obama was the best and wouldn't really address their complete 180 on the issue. Obama could strangle their mom in front of them and they'd still throw him a fundraiser.

Another poster Greg, said they'd still vote obama no matter what because it would be better than the republican option and they refuse to stand up for their principals and hold their elected official accountable.

That's the "hard core" 20% of the voters out there and the hard core 20% republican think the same way.

Where the Dems are in A LOT of trouble is with moderate dems whom might sit out the election or protest vote 3rd party or the independants that voted for Obama (Me) that are extremely displeased with Bush 3.0 and will either vote Republican or 3rd party (like I did in 2004).

So basically, most of the far left are so lost in the delusion that they are now supporters of Bush policy how could they possibly be worried about Obama's re-election when they can't even see that? Their reality is broken.

Old 09-29-2011, 01:14 PM

78,448 posts, read 60,652,129 times
I will also add that Obama is where Bush was in 2003.5

However, the dems picked Kerry.....the worst dem candidate in ages....which allowed him to slip the noose and get a 2nd term. No way Bush 2.0 would have beat a better dem option.

If the repubs pick someone *bad* like Perry then Obama still has a chance. That I'm even saying this shows how grim things are shaping up for the Obama camp. This is ironic though since the republicans have a guy pushing a lot of their initiatives already in the WH.

Old 09-29-2011, 01:27 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,138,171 times
Personally, I don't believe the POTUS has a chance in hell at re-election. At this point i'm not even saying to myself "who can beat Obama".......i'm saying to myself that "Obama will be beat"......it matters not who gets the GOP nomination. He's toast. The totality of circumstances dictates that he's a One-Termer.

Old 09-29-2011, 01:34 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,985,890 times
Quote:
That's crap. I'm not "worried" ....I hope he is defeated. That might end for a long time the notion that you can screw over your base voters and expect them to come out and vote for you.

Liberal voters will not vote GOP....a portion just will not come out to vote and that might be enough to bring him down. Personally, I'll vote for any candidate to the left of Obama.

Last edited by padcrasher; 09-29-2011 at 01:46 PM..

Old 09-29-2011, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Obama has been a big time disappointment to many liberals. Personally, I literally don't know anybody who is happy with him. Small donations being down is another indication..

Yeah, some liberals will play the "lesser of two evils" game and vote for him anyway, but a lack of enthusiasm means a lack of a GOTV ground game...something the Obama campaign excelled at in 2008, and something he has to have.

Currently, most signs point to Obama being a one term president..
His only saving grace just might be how radical the GOP is today.

He's started talking tough again about the GOP as he gets into campaign mode....but he's all talk and no spine. If he's elected again liberals will get 4 more years of being stabbed in the back ....only more so.

Old 09-29-2011, 01:46 PM

Here's a great example. Liberals/progressive in Arkansas went after DINO Blanche Lincoln. She was a horrible right wing corporate stooge Senator. They damaged her campaign and reputation to the point where her base walked away and the Republican won. Short term loss.....long term gain.

No Dem candidate for Senate in Arkansas is going to try and pull that DINO crap again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies