Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 02:07 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times

Advertisements

that he is serving with a do nothing Congress? I keep thinking back to last spring when the House passed a budget bill and the Senate failed to deal with it. Then the House passed Cut, Cap and Budget and Dirty Harry declared it dead on arrival and tabled it while Obama threatened to veto it if it got to him. Yep, this is a do nothing Congress but half of it tried to get a budget which we haven't had one of in over two years and the other half didn't do anything.

I say that Obama stuck his foot in his mouth the other day when he said he couldn't get anything done because of a do nothing Congress. Hell, he won't let them do anything and since half of it is controlled by Reid of course they get very little done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2011, 02:13 PM

1,290 posts, read 2,570,075 times
His mistake was made when he said " I Barack Hussein Mugabe, do solemnly swear to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States".

Old 08-17-2011, 02:54 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,211,393 times
Although he would like to, he can't blame Bush forever. Time to move on and blame someone/something else. So he blames Congress, Republicans, Tea Party, the earthquake in Japan, the weather, etc.

Old 08-17-2011, 04:06 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Although he would like to, he can't blame Bush forever. Time to move on and blame someone/something else. So he blames Congress, Republicans, Tea Party, the earthquake in Japan, the weather, etc.
He sure is running out of people to blame and I think that even Democrats in Congress are tiring of his words.

I wonder if he will clean house and start out with some new speech writers soon. They have been failing him for some time.

Old 08-17-2011, 05:01 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,736,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
that he is serving with a do nothing Congress? I keep thinking back to last spring when the House passed a budget bill and the Senate failed to deal with it. Then the House passed Cut, Cap and Budget and Dirty Harry declared it dead on arrival and tabled it while Obama threatened to veto it if it got to him. Yep, this is a do nothing Congress but half of it tried to get a budget which we haven't had one of in over two years and the other half didn't do anything.

I say that Obama stuck his foot in his mouth the other day when he said he couldn't get anything done because of a do nothing Congress. Hell, he won't let them do anything and since half of it is controlled by Reid of course they get very little done.
Democrats: The new party of "No!"

Old 08-17-2011, 05:04 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,201,643 times
obama makes a serious mistake every time he opens his mouth...

Old 08-17-2011, 05:05 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,532,697 times
Quote:

You would think that no matter what he said.

Old 08-17-2011, 05:07 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,303,308 times
Quote:

Not at all, first the House Republicans set up a schedule where they work two weeks on and one week off.

Second, the Republican ran in the 2010 mid-terms that they were the party that could put the American economy back on track. What we got was attacks on Planned Parenthood, protest against same sex marriage, and holding the country "hostage" to force with a half *ss deficit reduction bill as part of raising the debt ceiling.

Third on a comparitive basis the Republican dominated House has passed very little legislation in comparison to previous congresses.

Old 08-17-2011, 05:08 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,360,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Forty percent of Americans would believe him if he blamed UFOs. Well, 37% would anyway.

Old 08-17-2011, 05:25 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
Obama doesn't want to deal with issues.. he might lose votes .Obama blames everyone , yet he does NOTHING ..

Another rerun speech coming in September.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies