Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 12:04 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GO View Post
Started with Linlcon and never changed. But the dimwit democratic party has pulled the wool over alot of Blacks eyes for decades.
OH so now Lincoln DID care about us black folks. You guys can't make up your minds. In these Civil War pro-south "the war wasn't about slavery" threads, you say Lincoln DIDN'T care about blacks. Make up your minds.

If the Dems are pulling the wool over the eyes of blacks, who is pulling the wool over the eyes of white people? Or are you gonna give me a line of bullsh*t by telling me that the government always comes through for white people?

If that's the case, why are there so many p*ssed off white folks relative to our present politics?

Oh yea...its because they vote for the same "dimwits" as everyone else.

You included.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2012, 12:09 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,054,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
i really want a republican to explain this too me. If your party is of the opinion that black are brainwashed by the democrats, believe that we want welfare checks instead of paychecks, lazy, stupid, etc, why would we join a party that thinks that they way about us?
I'm more an Independent, but I don't think all/most Republicans think this. And Black Republicans do exist including some notable ones serving. However, what do you expect some people to think when 90+% of one race's vote goes to one candidate? There will be assumptions made, it's just the way people are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
I hold a Bill Cosby view of black culture. America helps those who help themselves, black or white. Any poor dumb saps who thought daddy gubmint was going to lead them to the promised land deserve what they got.
Yep.

Old 10-02-2012, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
When Obama won in 2008, many laughably claimed that there is no more racism in the US. Four years later, this and a plethora of other threads proves that some are even more vigorous with their racial awareness and obsessions than four years earlier.
Yep...and I don't know why.

Blacks are still gonna vote Dem, and there isn't a damn thing they can do about it so they may as well move on.

Old 10-02-2012, 12:11 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,601,522 times
Isn't this a rehash of that other "Obama phone" thread?

Old 10-02-2012, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
I'm more an Independent, but I don't think all/most Republicans think this. And Black Republicans do exist including some notable ones serving. However, what do you expect some people to think when 90+% of one race's vote goes to one candidate? There will be assumptions made, it's just the way people are.

Yep.
Why weren't they complaining when 90% of that same vote went to white Democratic presidential candidates?

And yea....most/all Republicans do think that.

Old 10-02-2012, 12:56 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,073,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post

Yep.
The thing that I never understand is, they make comments about blacks or minorities in general that are racist, but them brush off our complaints that we are just playing the race card, and during elections we see all these threads about blacks and why they don't join the republican party. If you are a republican and want to rip blacks for voting democrat, I'm fine with that, that just further supports our opinion about the party, but I can't understand how you would think we would join a party that believes we are lazy, stupid and brainwashed. In what world does that make sense?

Old 10-02-2012, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Why weren't they complaining when 90% of that same vote went to white Democratic presidential candidates?

And yea....most/all Republicans do think that.
that's something they never address. They will start a thread saying blacks will vote for obama because he is black, but never respond, when we mention blacks vote democrat 90% of the time for the last 4 decades. it seems like they just want to keep saying that, and ignore our voting history completely so they can keep with the narrative that blacks are racist because we will vote obama because he is black.

Old 10-02-2012, 01:30 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,995,315 times
Quote:
Why is obama letting down african americans who voted for him?
Because he can afford to. He's got 99.9% of the black vote regardless of how awful things are for black people under his rule.

You have to understand how difficult it is for American blacks to free themselves from the Democrat Plantation. It's like Stockholm syndrome.

Old 10-02-2012, 01:43 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,601,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
that's something they never address. They will start a thread saying blacks will vote for obama because he is black, but never respond, when we mention blacks vote democrat 90% of the time for the last 4 decades. it seems like they just want to keep saying that, and ignore our voting history completely so they can keep with the narrative that blacks are racist because we will vote obama because he is black.
They say that because they are STUPID.

Old 10-02-2012, 01:43 PM

somebody please explain this too me, why are there republicans worrying how 12% (not even that) of the population is going to vote? ok, blacks vote for democrats, Republicans why do you care?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies