Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2011, 07:58 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,481,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
It took some 30 years for homosexual behavior to gain the acceptance we see today so I'd say I'll be comfortabably dead by the time what's left of our society to accept pediphelia. I'm assuming that's the model they'll adopt since it's already worked really well for the homosexuals. Next up...........necrophelia.
And you'll be dead just in time for the party!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2011, 08:02 AM

18,160 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
As homosexual men have far less to do with pedophilia than heterosexual men, I'm not even sure why gay people were brought into this thread. Other than the fact that the anti-gay crusaders will take every opportunity to try to erroneously link gay men with pedophilia in their "smear and fear" agenda.
Yea....like I said..assertions sere made, hashed out, and thus the whole homosexual/pedophelia supposed correlation.was deemed irrelevant by a majority of posters. That's the signal to move on to same sex marriage, gay rights and such?
We are dealing with sexual relations with CHILDREN being normalized and tolerated as an acceptable thing......not ADULT homosexual relationships here.
I never made a single comment , in this discussion, about any supposed homosexual correlation to child sex abuse, let alone on the issue of gay marriage et al. The latter issue presents no danger to my kids or grandkids so I deem it non sequiter here.
There are a plethora of threads on gay marriage/rights that have beat that topic to death already. ....and just to be clear I am offering no opinion on that issue here. It has been settled,to my satisfaction anyhoo, that there is no reasonable proof of adult homosexual relationships exacerbating pedophelia or other abuse of children. Time to move on......

Old 09-03-2011, 08:16 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,462,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas
This was a response to another post by another poster, and not addressed to you.

As I have stated on numerous occasions, and pertaining to a wide variety of matters .... there are no absolutes, and always exceptions to any general truth. Nevertheless, general truths are not invalidated because of exceptions, and I am simply stating my observation that homosexuals by and large demonstrate a preoccupation with matters relating to sex, be it sexual orientation .... sexual expression ... homosexual rights .... etc.
Heterosexuals talk about their heterosexuality all the time. Heterosexuals make out all the time. In fact, in the past month, I have been "privy" to two heterosexual couples having sex in the same room as me. That's not even counting all the making out and kissing I get to hear. I'm talking about full-blown sex. So based on my observation, and as a general truth, heterosexuals are pretty obsessed with sex as well.

That said, this thread has nothing to do with homosexuality. It has to do with pedophilia. Different ballgame.

Quote:
For instance, homosexuals seem compelled to identify themselves as homosexual in so many interactions and conversations for which their sexual orientation has no real bearing on the issue at hand. It's happened frequently on this board pertaining to topics for which one's sexual orientation is irrelevant. Moreover, homosexuals seem to go out of their way at times in public displays of their homosexuality as well. The social agendas pursued by homosexuals inevitably revolve around their sexuality. The well documented data pertaining to the extraordinary number of partners a typical homosexual male may have as compared with a typical heterosexual proves this preoccupation beyond any challenge. This doesn't mean ALL homosexuals fit this "typical" definition.
YOu realize that heterosexuals announce their heterosexuality all the time too? EVery time you mention a wife or husband, girlfriend or boyfriend, mention being married or engaged, people already assume you are straight without you even having to clarify. In fact, it's so pervasive, that once you say "married" people think "opposite sex". When you are married to the same sex, you have to deal with people constantly thinking your wife is a husband or your husband is a wife. I used to tell people I'm married and then later down the line have them ask me what my husband's name is. The fact that people assume heterosexuality first is why gay people have to be clear about being homosexual if they don't want to be misleading. Exercising the same amount of vagueness as a heterosexual leads to people making false assumptions about you which makes you look like a liar. When the world stops assuming heterosexual first, gay people won't have to spell it out for people.

Quote:
The reasons for this preoccupation may be debatable, but not the preoccupation itself. And I've noticed on many occasions that you like to use yourself as the "example" to refute many legitimate claims regarding homosexuals 'in general'. I do not use absolutes such as "ALL" in making general observations .... so saying "birds fly" is certainly truthful, though not all birds fly. If you are one of the birds that don't or can't fly, you do not represent the majority who can and do fly.
WHat is heterosexual people's reason for being preoccupied with sex? I go to college. Why can I sometimes not even get through a day without having to be subjected to some form of straight PDA? (I'm blind but I can hear when people are making out.) Why did my straight roommate masturbate at least twice a day? THat's not just me. I run across hundreds of straight people on campus every day. Hundreds of straight people make out every day. Are they all preoccupied with sex?

Quote:
Consequently, you cannot legitimately say ... "well you're wrong ... I'm a bird, and I can't fly" to prove wrong a generalization that typically, birds fly.
But I'm not the only gay person that isn't totally preoccupied with sex. Some gay people are. Some aren't. Some straight people. Some aren't. What it boils down to is the fact that some people, regardless of orientation, have sex on the mind a lot. And some people, regardless of sexual orientation, don't think about sex all that often.

What is your point in trying to claim that gay people are preoccupied with sex anyway? How is that related to pedophilia?

Old 09-03-2011, 08:19 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,387,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Yea....like I said..assertions sere made, hashed out, and thus the whole homosexual/pedophelia supposed correlation.was deemed irrelevant by a majority of posters. That's the signal to move on to same sex marriage, gay rights and such?

We are dealing with sexual relations with CHILDREN being normalized and tolerated as an acceptable thing......not ADULT homosexual relationships here.
I never made a single comment , in this discussion, about any supposed homosexual correlation to child sex abuse, let alone on the issue of gay marriage et al. The latter issue presents no danger to my kids or grandkids so I deem it non sequiter here.
There are a plethora of threads on gay marriage/rights that have beat that topic to death already. ....and just to be clear I am offering no opinion on that issue here. It has been settled,to my satisfaction anyhoo, that there is no reasonable proof of adult homosexual relationships exacerbating pedophelia or other abuse of children. Time to move on......
The OP's article is based on distortions.

No-one in the APA is advocating "sexual relations with children being normalized or acceptable".

Old 09-03-2011, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
I agree. Start another thread. I'm tired of trying to open a crack in your closed mind to allow a bit of light into it.
So...why should I start the new thread? Show me where I as in ME, myself is being " close minded" on any other subject than sexual abuse of children here. On that issue there is no room for any " light" to enter as the only relevant light on that subject is the light I would drag child sex abusers into to publicaly beat them to a pile of red goo.

Old 09-03-2011, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Those privileges are afforded to homosexuals, too.....if they choose to marry someone of the opposite sex. Before you say it......I'm not saying you should marry someone of the opposite sex just to avail yourself of privileges that apply only to opposite-sex couples. I'm single and I don't get the benefit of those laws either.
Exactly! In order to benefit from those privileges...we have to marry someone of the opposite sex!

But every single straight person has the option to marry someone they love and share in those benefits with the person they love. No, marrying the person you love isn't a legal right in and of itself, but sharing those legal binding rights with a person you do love does have to do with heterosexual vs. homosexual. You can share those privileges with someone you love. A gay person cannot.

Old 09-03-2011, 08:27 AM

Quote:
No need to. Those are not "rights" that are reserved for heterosexuals and denied to homosexuals. Therefore, there is no discrimination against homosexuals. Those are privileges that are afforded to opposite-sex married couples, whether they happen to be heterosexual or homosexual. Single heterosexuals do not have legal privileges that are denied to any homosexuals so again, there is no discrimination specifically against homosexuals.

At best, one can say that there is an "imbalance" in the law in that same-sex marriage is not recognized in the same way opposite-sex marriage is but it isn't "discrimination" in that it specifically denies marriage to homosexuals. Legal recognition of same-sex marriage is likely on the horizon but when it comes it will be a new law that applies equally to everyone, not just homosexuals.
You're still ignoring the fact that a gay man marrying a woman is not the same thing as a straight man marrying a woman--or that a lesbian marrying a man is not the same as a straight woman marrying a man.

Old 09-03-2011, 08:30 AM

Can we start a new thread if we want to talk gay marriage? I'm afraid some people may think homosexuality and pedophilia are the same if we continue to discuss gay marriage in a thread with the word "pedophilia" in the title.

Old 09-03-2011, 08:43 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,209,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Can we start a new thread if we want to talk gay marriage? I'm afraid some people may think homosexuality and pedophilia are the same if we continue to discuss gay marriage in a thread with the word "pedophilia" in the title.
I agree and will refer back to my original post in this thread--that while sexual abuse of children is tolerated, if not accepted, in some parts of the world, the entire Western world appears united in their disgust of such abuse of children. So, I can't see any attempts at gaining widespread acceptance as being successful.

Old 09-03-2011, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
The OP's article is based on distortions.

No-one in the APA is advocating "sexual relations with children being normalized or acceptable".
However...there ARE groups out there that are doing so. And they are being given credibility. If that does not scare folks.....sometbings wrong. Regardless of sexual orientation this effects us all. Sexual attraction to children is NOT a "sexual orientation". It is a disgusting perversion. It has nothing to do with adult sexual interactions of any persuasion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies