Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2011, 05:30 AM

943 posts, read 782,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
They do, they vote for the Democrats who had hosed them at scools and fund the genocide of blacks through abortion mills.

Massa does give cookies called welfare and government jobs now and then. Giving away the treasury for the vote. In return the blacks get to see a 70% two parent household go down to what, 13%?

Pathetic IMO.
This is precisely why blacks don't vote Republican. Your post was disgusting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2011, 05:37 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,081,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moionfire View Post
This is precisely why blacks don't vote Republican. Your post was disgusting.
And it is exactly why, plus some other reasons that some blacks do vote Republican, and some others are starting to flip Republican.

Old 09-01-2011, 07:09 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
See, you don't see your own problem.
Think about working hard and getting rich yourself instead of coveting your neighbor's goods.
Since when is keeping more of your money a sin, especially when we have the most over taxed rich folks in the world?

PS: We lost about half the rich folks since Obama took office, I hope that satisfies you.

Do you give your car to your neighbor to keep and also offer to pay for their gas and auto insurance? Why not, you seem to want other folks to do what you refuse to do.
I cannot believe you actually wrote this. In actuality, our rich are some of the least taxed in the world.

Old 09-01-2011, 07:11 AM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
This is a spin off from the Allen West/Harriet Tubman thread.

I got curious, and wondered if anyone--specifically african americans here--could tell me why they tend to vote Democratic. I have my ideas about it, and White Republicans have their theories, (That Democrats keep blacks "enslaved" with govt. promises) but I'd like to hear directly from you guys on this, since I don't get to talk to many black people about politics in real life. What is it about Democrats that appeal to you--or what is it about Republicans that turn you off?

mackinac81
Because no one wnats to be accused of voting for a republican when Black, Muslim Congressman says Tea Party wants blacks hanging from trees.

Old 09-28-2011, 06:41 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,326,665 times
Because they have no respect for the current President...

Class and respect has to be a two way street...

Old 09-28-2011, 06:42 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
Rape victims: Why don't they like their attackers?

Last edited by padcrasher; 09-28-2011 at 07:25 PM..

Old 09-28-2011, 06:52 PM

988 posts, read 1,203,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Rape victims. Why don't they like their attackers?
Interesting comparison, democrats as rapists....why do the victims of democrat policies (blacks) keep voting for the rapists? Stockholm much?

They have 40 years of democrat social policies rammed down their throats, quickly forgetting the atrocities that the democrat party committed against blacks, then they pledge their blind allegiance to the democrat party, and in return they have their middle class annihilated.

I'd call that rape. Good one, padcrasher.

Old 09-28-2011, 07:09 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,846,404 times
I recently heard Rev. Otis Moss Jr talk about his first hand experience with events in 1960. He credited Richard Nixon's response to the Jailing of Dr. King Jr in 1960 as a turning point in African-Americans support for the Republican Party.

The following was gathered from the King Institute at Standford University.

http://mlk-kpp01.stanford.edu/index.php/encyclopedia/documents_contents

July 28, 1960
In a televised conversation with CBS, King comments that nonpartisanship creates a ''better bargaining position...the Negro will not be inextricably linked to any political party.''

October 19, 1960
After being asked to join the Atlanta protest campaign by student Lonnie C. King, Martin Luther King participates in a lunch counter sit-in and is arrested along with some two hundred eighty students.

October 26, 1960
Presidential candidate John F. Kennedy calls Coretta Scott King to express sympathy and offer assistance regarding her husband's recent imprisonment. Meanwhile, Robert Kennedy calls Georgia governor S. Ernest Vandiver and Judge Oscar Mitchell seeking King's release on bail.

October 27, 1960
King is released the day after Robert Kennedy's call to the judge. King was initially arrested in Atlanta for participating in a sit-in there, but was exonerated by Atlanta's Judge Mitchell after both John F. Kennedy and Robert Kennedy affirmed their support for him.

November 8, 1960
Kennedy wins one of the closest elections in Presidential history. Kennedy secured strong support from black voters after he called Coretta Scott King to offer her support after her husband had been jailed in Georgia.

Interview after Release from Georgia State Prison at Reidsville

[Interviewer]: Dr. King, have you heard anything from Vice President Nixon or any of his supporters?

[King]: No I haven’t. I’ve been confined for the last eight days and I haven’t talked with anybody actually from Washington or from the campaign.5

[Interviewer]: Do you know whether any efforts were made on behalf of the Republican headquarters to help you?

[King]: No I don’t. I haven’t heard of any efforts being made and I don’t know of any personally.

[Interviewer]: Do you know of any efforts made on behalf of the Kennedy group?

[King]: Well, I understand that the Kennedy group did make definite contacts and did a great deal to make my release possible. I don’t know all of the details of this just coming out of [prison?]

[Interviewer]: [words inaudible] urge you to vote for Kennedy?

[King]: Well, I would not like to make a public statement concerning the person for whom I will vote because I follow a non-partisan course and heading a non-partisan organization, namely the Southern Christian Leadership Conference [recording interrupted] [. . .]

King Papers

With the election little more than a week away, King supporters also exerted substantial pressure on the presidential candidates, transforming what had begun as a local protest against segregation into a national campaign issue with international implications. SCLC and nearly twenty other civil rights groups wired Nixon and Kennedy explaining that white intransigence and government inaction in the South had threatened “the prestige of our nation and our moral integrity as a people.” Among a list of ten demands, the organizations urged the candidates to “speak out against the imprisonment of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.” before the election.195 Following the announcement of King’s removal to state prison, Harris Wofford and other intermediaries persuaded Senator Kennedy to telephone Coretta King to express his concern. On the day of King’s transfer to Reidsville, Kennedy spoke with her briefly from Chicago, where he had been campaigning. Later that day Coretta King told a reporter that the Democratic candidate’s call “certainly made me feel good that he called me personally and let me know how he felt.” She also said that the call led her to believe that Kennedy “would do what he could to see that Mr. King is let out of jail.”196 Soon after this call, Robert Kennedy initiated a series of contacts with Georgia governor Ernest Vandiver that eventually led to King’s release. In a 1964 interview Robert Kennedy described his conversation with Vandiver: “I talked to the governor. And he said that if I called the judge, that he thought that the judge would let Martin Luther King off.”197 Calling from a pay booth in Long Island, Robert Kennedy phoned Judge Mitchell, and on 27 October the judge freed King on a $2,000 appeal bond.198 King emerged from prison and flew immediately to Peachtree-DeKalb Airport, where he was greeted by his family, reporters, and cheering students. He told the gathered reporters that he owed “a great debt of gratitude to Senator Kennedy and his family,” and downplayed the candidate’s political motivations: “I’m sure that the senator did it because of his real concern and his humanitarian bent.” Though pressed by reporters, King declined to endorse Kennedy, explaining that it would be inappropriate for him to do so as the leader of the nonpartisan SCLC.199 King’s reluctance to take a formal stand was soon overshadowed, however, by Daddy King’s announcement that he had switched his allegiance to Kennedy, despite his earlier concern that the candidate was Catholic. “I’ve got all my votes, and I’ve got a suitcase, and I’m going to take them up there and dump them in his lap,” the elder King was quoted as saying.200

Over the next several days, Kennedy campaign workers distributed thousands of flyers at black churches all over the country contrasting “‘No Comment’ Nixon” with the “Candidate With a Heart.” The pamphlet featured quotes from King, Abernathy--“it is time for all of us to take off our Nixon buttons”--as well as from King’s wife and father.201 These efforts among black voters may have given Kennedy his slim margin of victory over Nixon on 8 November.202 The following day the chairman of the Republican National Committee explained that Nixon’s defeat came about because the party “lost the Negro vote by a larger percentage” than in previous elections. President Eisenhower grumbled that a “couple of phone calls” made the difference, and the Atlanta Journal dubbed Judge J. Oscar Mitchell “president-maker.”203

Old 09-28-2011, 07:10 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,326,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3781 View Post
Interesting comparison, democrats as rapists....why do the victims of democrat policies (blacks) keep voting for the rapists? Stockholm much?

They have 40 years of democrat social policies rammed down their throats, quickly forgetting the atrocities that the democrat party committed against blacks, then they pledge their blind allegiance to the democrat party, and in return they have their middle class annihilated.

I'd call that rape. Good one, padcrasher.
Huh???

I'm black...well black and Seminole...

And I'm doing quite well for myself...income wise...so's the rest of my family...

As a Republican, In your mind...are all blacks poor and ghetto?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FFrCZNNCeU

Old 09-28-2011, 07:14 PM

988 posts, read 1,203,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
Huh???

I'm black...well black and Seminole...

And I'm doing quite well for myself...income wise...so's the rest of my family...

In your mind...are all blacks poor and ghetto?
<snip>
And you still vote democrat?

Nevermind what I think. Ask yourself if the black community at large is better off, or has been elevated in the slightest, as a result of 40 years of democrat policies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies