Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 02:05 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,248,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
"We've already wasted $1 Billion with a "B" in Libya"

Funny how suddenly spending what amounts to a rounding error in the national budget to rid the world of a dictator is waste, while spending $748.2 and counting (not including the human costs) was the great end all be all of spreading democracy across the middle east.

Funny how things seem to play out these days.
'Catto....what's worse is that the Republican House just voted to RAISE defense spending by something like 17 billion!!!!

But all of a sudden, they care about a measly billion in defense spending when their boy McCain readily admits that he would've done even more in Libya.

But of course, none of these people actually voted for McCain. They all voted for Ron Paul. LOL..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2011, 03:50 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,889,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Did you support the war in Iraq? It's okay...i know a lot of losers on both sides who fell for it.
No,I questioned the reasons,it didn't seem to make much sense...but once we crossed the line into Iraq,it was no longer the time to debate but to get it done.
Which we did.

Old 08-24-2011, 07:33 PM

2,023 posts, read 5,316,258 times
Obama uses left cover to expand existing wars and launch new ones without congressional approval and that left cover makes him more dangerous than Bush. When Bush was president there was a good amount of people against these trumped up wars but now not so much.

Old 08-24-2011, 08:35 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,248,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
No,I questioned the reasons,it didn't seem to make much sense...but once we crossed the line into Iraq,it was no longer the time to debate but to get it done.
Which we did.
We did? Got what done?

Also, i didn't know that wars aren't allowed to be a topic of debate just because we "crossed the line." Really? Where is that in the Constitution? So if we start a dumb ass war (Iraq qualifies), we can't debate about it until we're leaving with our tails between our legs with helicopters leaving the roof of an embassy....nice.

Old 08-24-2011, 09:03 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,030,403 times
You may feel it's a DAW but your not looking into the real reasons we went into Iraq.

Old 08-24-2011, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
We did? Got what done?
Defeated the Iraqi military.

Quote:
Also, i didn't know that wars aren't allowed to be a topic of debate just because we "crossed the line." Really? Where is that in the Constitution? So if we start a dumb ass war (Iraq qualifies), we can't debate about it until we're leaving with our tails between our legs with helicopters leaving the roof of an embassy....nice.
I believe once the shooting starts the time for debate has passed,you can feel free to keep talking....

Old 08-24-2011, 10:49 PM

47,000 posts, read 26,047,970 times
Default This is interesting.

So, how is one supposed to reconcile this statement:

Quote:
I believe once the shooting starts the time for debate has passed...
- with these statements:

Quote:
And yet no oil was flowing from Libya...
Quote:
Starting wars against nations that are of no threat to the USA is GREAT as long as Americans aren't hurt,kill innocent civilians 'over there' is fine but just no Americans....the leftist way of ''thinking''.
Quote:
Is that the reason the USA should start wars with other nations?
I would love for you to answer if this is the criteria the USA should use when starting new wars.

Syria,here we come.
Quote:
So as long as some other war cost less money and lives,this unprovoked war is okay...

Makes no sense but then that is the norm around here.
Quote:
Surely not that over 20 years ago a terrorist attack occurred against a US airliner?
Because Gaddafi handed over the two supposedly responsible.
Quote:
So as long as we spent more somewhere else(by the way,Afghanistan is costing more per month than Iraq did...) then spending more to attack (unprovoked) another nation is okay...

What odd logic.
Quote:
When did Libya attack the USA?

Is the USA the major player in NATO?
Quote:
Libya in no way shape or form attacked OR threatened the USA.
Quote:
Isn't that money better spent HERE helping OUR people?
What business is it of ours what happens in Libya?
Quote:
Libya handed over those responsible.

Ends justify the means....
Quote:
You have yet to adequately state why Libya should be attacked(and not a dozen other nations).

Quote:
What were those US aircraft and naval vessels doing firing at Libya then?
LOL...this is too easy.

The rebels attacked a dictator regime and NATO assisted them with limited U.S. help. You're the one that has no clue in whats going on.
Quote:
LOL...the USA and it's allies were BOMBING LIBYAN CITIES!!!

Last time I checked, most Libyan cities were inhabited by Libyans.

It is quite sad how poorly thought out your support for the unprovoked war against Libya is.
Quote:
Are you CATEGORICALLY stating NO Libyan civilians have been killed by the bombing?
Quote:
How were civilians being killed by US bombing when the USA was only targeting Gaddafi's compound and regime facilities?
Quote:
And yet no need for the USA to attack Libya...

SO you support cheaper unprovoked attacks upon other nations...gotcha.
Quote:
The USA attacked Libya with it's military forces,not so during the Soviet war in Afghanistan.
Seems to me the shooting started a while ago, and those quotes sure look like debate.

Old 08-25-2011, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
So, how is one supposed to reconcile this statement:

- with these statements:

Seems to me the shooting started a while ago, and those quotes sure look like debate.
I guess I should have been clearer.
In the case of actual ground combat,with troops embroiled in the fighting,it is not really the time to be deciding if it is the right thing to do...because it is too late by then.

There wasn't enough debate over invading Iraq,it wasn't like the Iraqi's were going anywhere.

Old 08-25-2011, 08:47 AM

47,000 posts, read 26,047,970 times
Quote:
I guess I should have been clearer.
In the case of actual ground combat,with troops embroiled in the fighting,it is not really the time to be deciding if it is the right thing to do...because it is too late by then.
So it's a matter of which branch of the military is involved?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies