Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 09:17 AM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,878,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I'm curious as to your source. When there's a misspelling of "educational" and "institutions" right off the bat, it's credibility should be questioned.
How funny it has mis-spellings!
It is from the official portal for the school district we live in!

It is official.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2011, 09:19 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
How funny it has mis-spellings!
It is from the official portal for the school district we live in!

It is official.
got to love that government education

Old 08-23-2011, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruitr View Post
So why do you hate the military?
I don't hate the military but I do think the military is and has been mis-used by the last two administrations.

I also don't like the idea of military recruiters having inside information to access my children when they are Minors. I think any government agency that circumvents parental authority is an abuse of power.

Old 08-23-2011, 09:22 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,285,820 times
I would ask my children to randomize their answers to such a test, to make them appear dumber than they are for purposes of military recruiting.

In before "I hate the military" BS.

Old 08-23-2011, 09:23 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
You gave the government the rights to your children when you signed a birth cert and got em a social security card. This "inside information" is mined from all over the internet, cell phones, anything you can imagine. YOu should be happy they at least inform you unlike the "miners".

Old 08-23-2011, 09:24 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
I would ask my children to randomize their answers to such a test, to make them appear dumber than they are for purposes of military recruiting.

In before "I hate the military" BS.
And what if your child wanted to go to West Point?? Way to set a good example. Let them make their own decisions.

Old 08-23-2011, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
And what if your child wanted to go to West Point?? Way to set a good example. Let them make their own decisions.
I prefer putting the government on a "need to know" basis, and the government doesn't need to know.

Old 08-23-2011, 09:27 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
I don't hate the military but I do think the military is and has been mis-used by the last two administrations.

I also don't like the idea of military recruiters having inside information to access my children when they are Minors. I think any government agency that circumvents parental authority is an abuse of power.
as opposed to school recruiters or other jobs recruiters????

your kids info (minor or not) as a STUDENT of a GOVERNMENT school is PUBLIC info

Old 08-23-2011, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
You gave the government the rights to your children when you signed a birth cert and got em a social security card. This "inside information" is mined from all over the internet, cell phones, anything you can imagine. YOu should be happy they at least inform you unlike the "miners".
As someone who does data mining for a living, you should research the subject a bit more before you make up this stuff. Government doesn't arbitrarily mine information for a single individual, unless they are suspected of a crime. Unless your son is a Good Will Hunting supergenius, the government won't get his/her inside information because it costs too much time and money to aggregate it, without a tool like this.

Old 08-23-2011, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
as opposed to school recruiters or other jobs recruiters????

your kids info (minor or not) as a STUDENT of a GOVERNMENT school is PUBLIC info
I'm not so sure about that.
I doubt anybody can call or access the school and request personal student information. Maybe, but I don't think so.

As for school recruiters and other job recruiters yea, I don't mind that at all.
I do however wish to discuss with my children the pros and cons as well as the moral and ethical considerations of accepting or volunteering for a job that requires you to kill on demand. Especially when you may be required to kill at the behest of corrupt administrations.

I would prefer and think I have a right to get my points in before some unknown military recruiter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies