Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 05:11 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,159,247 times

Advertisements

In case you don't remember, it was your Liberal Cronies who called this a NATO Mission, not a U.S. Mission when conservatives were deriding Obama for starting another war. You folks were saying and doing anything you could to prove that this wasn't Obama's war.

And now you want to give him credit for it?

You're out of your ****ing mind if you think we're buying the BS you folks are peddling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2011, 05:11 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,591,588 times
Lightbulb You're with us or you're with the terrorists.

It's fun watching the radical right twist themselves like pretzels, trying to mentally and emotionally maintain their phony outrage towards the president.

May: "Impeach Obama for getting us involved in Libya!"

August: "Obama had nothing to do with Libya!"

Careful now, wingnuts. Crazy can be contagious.

Old 08-24-2011, 05:13 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,935,058 times
what's there to credit?

what do we get from libya that we need?

i see our money leaving america to go into somebody's pocket, and i am sure not going to thank ANYBODY for that.

doesn't everyone see the hypocrisy of goldman sachs taking khadafi's money to invest, losing it, and then offering him a stake in the bank? who is zooming whom?

Old 08-24-2011, 05:13 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,315,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
Let's see if I understand this:

If a democratic president violates a sovern [sic] country to hunt down the world's most-wanted terrorist, it's a problem and condemnable? The end does not justify the means, right?

If a republican president attacks a sovereign nation which has not shown a single act of direct aggression toward the US in order to topple a dictator, it's a heroic act? Now, the end does justify the means?
That's the mind of the Conservative.

Ideology trumps facts and more often than not they are willing to insult their own intelligence to espouse their ideas.

Old 08-24-2011, 05:17 AM

Smile You're half right...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
In case you don't remember, it was your Liberal Cronies who called this a NATO Mission, not a U.S. Mission when conservatives were deriding Obama for starting another war.

And now you want to give him credit for it?

You're out of your ****ing mind if you think we're buying the BS you folks are peddling.

Somebody's out of their mind...

Old 08-24-2011, 05:27 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,359,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Rather than submerging this country in war a la Bush, the far more intelligent Obama took a superior approach: He supported NATO efforts. The result: CHANGE! Credit to the President. Too bad the GOP can't take the high road yet again and praise this President. Without GOP interference, he once again proves that his solutions work.

Republican Presidential Candidates Refuse to Credit Obama on Libya | The Nation

If you're talking about Iraq or Afghanistan that would be a la Congress. You know....the lawful way of doing it.....the opposite of what Obama has done.

Also, it wasn't long ago that this wasn't Obama's war. It was NATO's. Now all of a suden you think things look like they might be going well and you think we should give Obama credit. Isn't it funny how that works? If I were you I'd wait to see how this change works out before popping the champagne. It just might be a change for worse.

Quote:
he once again proves that his solutions work.

Once again? That implies he's done this now as well as before. Would you care to cite previous examples of this? Of course that's rhetorical since I know this will be another A_Lexus troll thread where you will never return to debate the OP. Keep up the good work!

Old 08-24-2011, 05:36 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,359,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
It's fun watching the radical right twist themselves like pretzels, trying to mentally and emotionally maintain their phony outrage towards the president.

May: "Impeach Obama for getting us involved in Libya!"

August: "Obama had nothing to do with Libya!"

Careful now, wingnuts. Crazy can be contagious.

May: "It's Not Obama's war. It's NATO's"

August: "Obama deserves credit for Libya."

Pot- meet kettle

Old 08-24-2011, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
May: "It's Not Obama's war. It's NATO's"

August: "Obama deserves credit for Libya."

Pot- meet kettle

Kudos to the president for supporting NATO's push to oust Qadaffi.

Old 08-24-2011, 05:46 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,883,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
I say the same things when I read your posts.

The article looses credibility when it calls Ron Paul an isolationist.
You Quack me up!

Old 08-24-2011, 05:47 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,309,681 times
If you give Obama credit, you must acknowledge that he was in violation of the war powers act. Are you willing to make such a admission?

Sorry you can't have your cake and eat it too. I'll bust out my tiniest violin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies