Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 06:18 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,656,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
What exactly is there to say. His words are there for that period of time and this is now. The same with all of the other Presidents that campaigned on one thing and the minute they get in office, have to eat their words while back peddling. And since you've involked GWB....Remember GWB I? Read my lips no new taxes....GWB II...We will not be the world police for every nation.

Now again DUPLICATE THREAD.
Great, we all know you proved your point that it is a "duplicate thread" (which by the way proves and means NOTHING), does that change the fact that what he got elected on and what he is doing are 2 different things? You got duped by a man with no experience and a few empty words. Now the country is paying dearly for it. Step up on the discussion an realize that if you bashed Bush at all, you should be bashing this clown twice as hard since he has just taken what Bush did and made it far worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2011, 06:37 AM
C.C

2,235 posts, read 2,364,119 times
Just one more example of what a pathetic joke this guy is. Any guesses how much more debt he'll be proposing in his big teleprompter-reading event this week? Oh wait - I forgot - he always makes sure his spending wishlists are too vague to be scored by the CBO...

Old 09-06-2011, 09:08 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,542,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
Great, we all know you proved your point that it is a "duplicate thread" (which by the way proves and means NOTHING), does that change the fact that what he got elected on and what he is doing are 2 different things? You got duped by a man with no experience and a few empty words. Now the country is paying dearly for it. Step up on the discussion an realize that if you bashed Bush at all, you should be bashing this clown twice as hard since he has just taken what Bush did and made it far worse.

Maybe you've never paid attention to my posts. I NEVER get on these boards and make ANY excuses for Obama or any of the other IDIOTS in DC. Their all the same, nothing they do shock me or disappoint. They say one thing during their campaign and do something completely different once elected. As far as getting duped, it would be you if you honestly believe McCain/Palin would have done any better or would have held true to their words. Show me one Politician that has kept true to his words. I'll wait.

Old 09-06-2011, 09:23 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,960,872 times
The purpose of this thread is to try to label Obama as a hypocrite because during the Bush Administration he spoke against deficits.

The reality is that during the Bush Admin., when unemployment was 5%, we should have been controlling deficits so that we had reserves to spend in bad times.

Republican hypocrisy is a bit harder to justify. During that same period, Republicans were saying, "deficits don't matter." Now, when we really could use deficits to offset lower public demand and create jobs, the Republicans are against deficits.

There is plenty of hypocrisy to go around. We have Eric Cantor wanting spending offsets for disaster victims but requires no offsets for two expensive wars or disasters in this state.

Old 09-06-2011, 09:26 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,390,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
When Bush took office in 2000 the deficit was 5.6 trillion dollars. When he left office it was 10.5 trillion dollars and his administration had alredy approved close to 1 trillion in tarp funds to keep American Financial institutions from collapsing. Republicans didn't seem to mind any of this. Not a peep.

TARP funds are LOAN GUARANTEES. They have been paid back so you cannot add them to the National Debt under President Bush. If Barack takes those repayments and diverts them to other spending priorities then that are added to HIS National Debt total.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies