Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 05:50 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,200,354 times

Advertisements

I am certain that anything the First Family goes anywhere it's going to be a big expense. It comes with the office. Throwing in "vacation" "vodka" and "massages" is just something to rile up the ignorant. Those things are not what's costing, it's the fact that the FF has ALWAYS been costly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2011, 06:05 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,958,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Why do you bother? Because Lord knows, if this ended up proven without a doubt to be true, you would just go from "denial" to "defense". Just say it, YOU DONT CARE EVEN IF IT'S TRUE.
Thank You for contradicting yourself and saving me the time.

You state, "even if it's proven to be true" or words to that effect, yet you people are on this board passing it off as already proven by "the source".

Are you this gullible in all affairs or only affairs that could possibly be messy for the Obama's??

Quote:
Just say it, YOU DONT CARE EVEN IF IT'S TRUE
How about I do the adult thing and treat it as unsubstantiated rumor and gossip until it is proven...yeah seems good to me.

Old 08-24-2011, 06:06 PM

23,972 posts, read 15,072,142 times
I strongly suspect that they travel separately for reasons of security. We have had several presidents who have been shot. The secret service cannot prevent somebody taking a shot, but in most circumstances the person will be caught. There are people now who can purchase and fire missiles at planes. If I were the POTUS, I would have my children travel separately from me in a different plane, train or automobile.

Old 08-24-2011, 06:13 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,136,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
But you're only concened about "abuse and waste" when it's allegedly done by a Democrat.

I'll bet you don't care so much when it's done by a republican.
Oh I do care, actually. Which is why I will support a true Tea Party type candidate and push for a large change in DC. Too many, especially those in power, just want business as usual. I want true change in DC where the politicians respect the law and the Constitution. Where politicians dont cater to lobbyists and their own $elf interests. I think our only chance is to get as many non-elite dems and repubs out.

Old 08-24-2011, 06:15 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,136,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Thank You for contradicting yourself and saving me the time.

You state, "even if it's proven to be true" or words to that effect, yet you people are on this board passing it off as already proven by "the source".

Are you this gullible in all affairs or only affairs that could possibly be messy for the Obama's??

How about I do the adult thing and treat it as unsubstantiated rumor and gossip until it is proven...yeah seems good to me.
No, I didnt contradict myself. I dont know enough about this to know if it is indeed true or not. But the fact that it would not surprise me one bit, is where I am allowed to question it. Since the story is out, I would like verification if its true. If its true, I demand action and answers.

And you know damn well, you and many other lefties who scoff at the story now, will quickly switch to defense if it turns out this is true.

Old 08-24-2011, 06:17 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,208,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
"The Obamas' summer break on Martha's Vineyard has already been branded a PR disaster after the couple arrived four hours apart on separate government jets.
But according to new reports, this is the least of their extravagances.

White House sources today claimed that the First Lady has spent $10 million of U.S. taxpayers' money on vacations alone in the past year."

Heck she is saving taxpayer money..on the vodka..she buys it by the barrel.

Michelle Obama accused of spending $10m in public money on vacations | Mail Online
From a National Enquirer report?! LOL!!!!

Old 08-24-2011, 06:24 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,337,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Every trip to Crawford cost the taxpayers nearly a quarter of a million dollars.

Now -

Go find out how many times W went there while he was in office, and do the math. It will astound you what we spent so that he could cut brush. A good lawn service would have been a helluva lot cheaper...
Link????

Old 08-24-2011, 06:36 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,454,047 times
I think that is taking advantage. I think Presidents ought to pay for their own vacations and transportation to and from! The Media criticized Bush for taking more vacation days than Obama but at least Bush's vacation days were mostly spent at his own ranch ! I bet we've paid more for Obama vacations and entertaining than we have for the last 5 presidents combined.

Also, the first lady should NOT be entitled to fly on a private jet at taxpayer expense.

Old 08-24-2011, 10:47 PM

37,800 posts, read 41,003,240 times
She could have gone to the Ohio State Fair and had a pork chop on a stick.

Old 08-24-2011, 10:53 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,337,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
She could have gone to the Ohio State Fair and had a pork chop on a stick.
Or, a great pepperoni pizza.

It is odd to me the at the Ohio State Fair, they only have mustard for hot dogs...no ketchup.

Great fair!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies