Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 12:06 PM

89,652 posts, read 45,265,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
The part that all you GOP lock-steppers keep avoiding is that McCain or Romney or Perry would/will follow basically the same policies towards the financial sector as Obama. They are all owned by Wall St and banks, and in Romney's case he appears to be a robot programmed by corporate America.

100%, same people in charge, same everything.
Total BS. Look at the HUGE campaign donation differences from Wall Street between Obama and anybody else. Wall Street wanted Obama in there to shill for them and steer them more riches, and you idiots elected him.

Old 08-25-2011, 12:07 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,694,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Don't blame anyone but yourself then if you vote for more of the same.

Options are to skip the polls or vote your conscience. Any other choice means you accept your defeat and don't really mind this kind of activity that much.
If Ron Paul gets the nomination, I'm voting for him. Otherwise, I'm voting for Obama. When it comes to looting the public trusts and funds, the Republicans are much worse.

Old 08-25-2011, 12:23 PM

8,181 posts, read 9,251,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Are you familiar with the real estate market and how much distressed real estate is on the market? The federal government is much better served getting these howes off their books and let private industry take the risk of trying to create a profit off these properties.
Yes, I am very familiar with it. I think unloading it is a good move but letting the average investor in on the action is much better than selling on the cheap to their crony's.

I looked in my area on the Hud website and only one home was listed, I know this are and there are a ton of foreclosures. I guess they are saving the good stuff for Goldman.

I am sure another factor is they will probably find a way to not count, or inflate the sales price so the banks won't need to cut their short sale prices to match reality.

Old 08-25-2011, 12:28 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,337,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
If Ron Paul gets the nomination, I'm voting for him. Otherwise, I'm voting for Obama. When it comes to looting the public trusts and funds, the Republicans are much worse.
I didn't suggest that you vote Republican. But if you vote Obama, you're mildly approving of this. No other way to avoid it.

Old 08-25-2011, 12:33 PM

588 posts, read 1,017,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
100%, same people in charge, same everything. The only person who might handle it differently is Ron Paul. The problem with Ron Paul is he throws the baby out with the bathwater with some of his more radical positions.
Agreed 100%. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Ron Paul is the only one with a shred of dignity, the only one who has the courage to possibly start untangling this trainwreck we call a government. If the baby has to go, so be it! Any other candidate will be same as the old boss, dem or repub. They are the same.

Old 08-25-2011, 12:42 PM

38,750 posts, read 22,513,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
They sure now how to follow their script. Create a bubble, make massive bonuses, crash the bubble, we bail them out (the keep their bonuses) and then they buy up our old assets for pennies.
I'm sure this has been a part of the plan all along, and its obvious the 0bama admin is one of the main players that is taking part in this gigantic circle jerk of collective cronyism.

Quote:
I didn't suggest that you vote Republican. But if you vote Obama, you're mildly approving of this. No other way to avoid it.
0bama is Mr. Cronyism, he has taken it to new historic levels.

Old 08-25-2011, 01:28 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,694,316 times
Quote:
That's ridiculous, Summers. Like the overwhelming majority of Americans, I am disenfranchised. My choices are between policies I hate and policies I really hate. If I offered you dog poop for dinner or a double heaping portion of dog poop and you picked the former you wouldn't be approving of your dinner choices.

Old 08-25-2011, 01:33 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,455,825 times
Quote:
Yes, I am very familiar with it. I think unloading it is a good move but letting the average investor in on the action is much better than selling on the cheap to their crony's.

I looked in my area on the Hud website and only one home was listed, I know this are and there are a ton of foreclosures. I guess they are saving the good stuff for Goldman.

I am sure another factor is they will probably find a way to not count, or inflate the sales price so the banks won't need to cut their short sale prices to match reality.
Not all homes were HUD.

Many banks are selling cheap too.

http://realestatecenter.bankofameric...ges/map-search

Old 08-25-2011, 01:42 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,329,072 times
Quote:

Who is the average investor?

When banks bundle these prooperties THEY ARE CASH TRANSACTIONS!

You usually have to have several million in cash available before a bank will even THINK about dealing with you.

How many AVERAGE INVESTORS do you know like this?

Old 08-25-2011, 01:53 PM

8,181 posts, read 9,251,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Who is the average investor?

When banks bundle these prooperties THEY ARE CASH TRANSACTIONS!

You usually have to have several million in cash available before a bank will even THINK about dealing with you.

How many AVERAGE INVESTORS do you know like this?
That is my point! The government will not talk to a guy who just wants to buy a house our two, you need to come in with hundreds of millions in order to be "allowed" to buy these deals. Did you read the OP article?

In the early 90's they created the RTC to dispose of REO's from the Savings and Loan crash, especially housing in Texas. I remember seeing books filled with houses for sale, one at a time. This should be the model, not helping Goldman Sachs buy low.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies