Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 08:13 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,701,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
OK Jared
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2011, 08:18 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,701,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Joe View Post
This points out why we need CCW nationwide. If citizens were armed, they could have either shot that cop for attempted armed robbery- which is what it was since the cop was armed and threatening the citizens for their property or they could have forced the cop to leave the premises. I don't know why Americans accept robbery and abuse from people just because they have a badge on. I would have told him "you can have this camera when you pry it from my cold dead fingers".
I live in Gabby Giffords District, I'll pass. No matter how well intended, pulling a gun to resist a Police Officer can be fatal.

Old 08-27-2011, 08:51 PM

1,282 posts, read 1,904,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
But pulling out your gun and getting yourself shot because your camera was taken away will do you any good?

Don't let your emotions run away with you.
I don't get shot. If I pull my gun out it will be discharged immediately. Otherwise I don't pull it out which I never have. The deeper question is why we seem to think that we have to stand for being robbed, harassed, bullied and having our rights violated just because the person doing it wears a badge. A badge means nothing to me. If you are wrong, you are wrong and I am not standing for it. You do this and I am around, my gun is going to be used whether you have a badge or not.

Chicago Cop Beats Up Female Bartender - YouTube

Old 08-27-2011, 09:56 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,853,436 times
Thought this would be relevant to this thread. How to deal with rouge cops.

Old 08-27-2011, 10:46 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,094,408 times
Quote:
This points out why we need CCW nationwide. If citizens were armed, they could have either shot that cop for attempted armed robbery- which is what it was since the cop was armed and threatening the citizens for their property or they could have forced the cop to leave the premises. I don't know why Americans accept robbery and abuse from people just because they have a badge on. I would have told him "you can have this camera when you pry it from my cold dead fingers".
Ok Rambo... I don't know what dream world you live in, but pulling a gun on a cop is a really bad idea.

In this situation, all you need to say is no I won't give you my phone or camera. If they are dumb enough to harm you and or arrest you for standing up for your 1st Amendment Rights in a non violent way, they deserve the legal punishment they get. The ACLU would have a field day.

This congressman is a disgrace and needs to offer an apology. The people of Ohio should be ashamed they voted a tyrant into office.

Old 08-27-2011, 10:52 PM

20,343 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Quote:
...... If citizens were armed, they could have either shot that cop for attempted armed robbery- which is what it was since the cop was armed and threatening the citizens for their property or they could have forced the cop to leave the premises.......".
Anybody pulling a gun on a cop in this circumstance needs to be permanently barred from carrying a firearm.

Or shot.

Old 08-27-2011, 11:17 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,095,507 times
What a disgusting piece of trash, who should be impeached and arrested post haste. Someone should send him a message....@RepSteveChabot on Twitter. Let him know his pink slip is on it's way.

Old 08-28-2011, 08:55 AM

1,282 posts, read 1,904,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
Ok Rambo... I don't know what dream world you live in, but pulling a gun on a cop is a really bad idea.

In this situation, all you need to say is no I won't give you my phone or camera. If they are dumb enough to harm you and or arrest you for standing up for your 1st Amendment Rights in a non violent way, they deserve the legal punishment they get. The ACLU would have a field day.

This congressman is a disgrace and needs to offer an apology. The people of Ohio should be ashamed they voted a tyrant into office.
Do you think that pulling a gun on an armed robber is a good idea? What is the difference if the armed robber wears a badge? I am not bashing all cops but there are a number of them that are pretty much on the same level as the people they are chasing. They feel that they have the right to terrorize citizens and to do pretty much anything they want to perfectly innocent people who dare to question the government because the other cops and the unions (which also need to be dealt with) "got my back". And most of the time they are right. This is how things like the Nazi Party and Fascism get started. Condidtion the people to never question authority and never dare challenge the government. Do as you are told and march into these death camps. No thank you. When somebody robs you, violates your rights or terrorize you, you should react to that whether they have a badge or not. You kick down my door without a warrant, you will be treated the same as any other thug home invader. Your badge don't mean anything to me and Mr. Glock. I know this sounds rather extreme and I am not an extreme or radical person. I do have a CCW permit but I almost never take my gun outside my home. Maybe once in awhile to the range. I am pretty moderate and reasonable for the most part. But that does not mean I am "passive".

Old 08-28-2011, 11:39 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,324,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Anybody pulling a gun on a cop in this circumstance needs to be permanently barred from carrying a firearm.

Or shot.
Both.

Old 08-28-2011, 11:46 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
This happen all the time at privately held events. In some people arre totally excluded form attending even. Nothing new really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies