Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 12:47 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,306,964 times

Advertisements

It begins: "Largely secular" Muslim Brotherhood sets its sights on "beach tourism" as Salafists say antiquities are of a "rotten culture" - Jihad Watch

Quote:
"Some slight changes will be made in public beaches, to make the situation better than it was before," Ali Khafagy, youth director of Freedom and Justice in Giza, told The Media Line. "Bathing suits and mixing on the beach are things that go against our tradition. It's not just a matter of religion. When I go to the beach I don't want to see nudity."
He said modest bathing gear or separate beaches for men and women are possible alternatives to the current situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2011, 12:48 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,942,602 times
Democracy and freedom in action yay!

Old 08-26-2011, 12:54 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,863,104 times
Beach burkas?

Old 08-26-2011, 04:40 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,935,344 times
Wait, wait, wait. This guy said he does NOT want to see nudity? As if betting his eternal soul on a mythology isn't bad enough to prove insanity. Or hey, if you don't want to see nudity, don't look! Nothing worse than people imposing their moral views upon others. Death to them all, such says Allah the pig king.

Old 08-26-2011, 07:02 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,090,317 times
How about separate oceans for men and women? Would that be even better in the Mooslim mind?

Personally, I like nekkid women on the beach! The more the merrier! It's not even a party until the tops come off! It's fun to see who gets drunkest fastest!

Oh to be young again!

Old 08-26-2011, 07:26 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,920,358 times
Please explain to me how this differs from the Christian groups that whine and complain about the content of movies, TV shows and video games? I even remember that at least one Christian advocacy group tried to get Harry Potter books removed from libraries since they had deemed them to be immoral and dangerous.

Old 08-26-2011, 07:41 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,775,066 times
When I go to the beach I want to see nudity, but hey that's just me.

Old 08-26-2011, 07:48 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,645,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Please explain to me how this differs from the Christian groups that whine and complain about the content of movies, TV shows and video games? I even remember that at least one Christian advocacy group tried to get Harry Potter books removed from libraries since they had deemed them to be immoral and dangerous.
The difference is the Christian group won't send someone into the library with a bomb strapped to themselves.

The Christian right is annoying, but not deadly.

Old 08-26-2011, 08:02 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,529,744 times
Everyone's acting like it's a forgone conclusion that the political wing of the Muslim Brotherhood will take over Egypt, but it hasn't happened yet. The article in question quotes two different spokesman of two different Islamcist groups, neither of which has attained any political power. There are signs that the Freedom and Justice party will gain a good number of seats in the September election, which could be somewhat worrisome.

There's a more moderate side to Egypt, especially among those who have a stake in the $13 billion tourism industry, but really they might have conflicting ideas with the poorer, more devout Muslim masses. However, when terrorists attacked Western tourists in Egypt, a lot Egyptians grew angry at radical Islam, consdering how many have livelihoods that depend on the tourist industry. For now the military is still in power, it'll be interesting to see what side they end up supporting. The military has alot of power and wealth in Egypt and they're not going to neccesarily give up their power easily.

Old 08-26-2011, 08:14 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,920,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
The difference is the Christian group won't send someone into the library with a bomb strapped to themselves.

The Christian right is annoying, but not deadly.
Really? I think the families of Dr. Tiller and the other people that have been killed and maimed by the members of the Christian right anti-abortion movement might disagree.

The truth is that religious extemists of all faiths are dangerous and deadly to the people that dare disagree with their gods and holy texts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies